Death Punch Studios filling positions.

lol... so now we're discussing physics engines without knowing how one works. fyi: its by far the most complicated piece of a game engine and the pretty constants available to script kiddies are only the tip of the iceberg in reproducing consistent simulation. in the case of tribes skiing.. the terrain mesh generation scheme, its collision detection algorithm, the timestep method, the TOI scheme (well i guess it doesnt matter for dynamic v static), numerical integration method, all parameters passed to the physics engine not exposed via script... are just a few examples what needs to be considered

Last edited:
i actually have a touchscreen based game idea for that... basically you have to rub a girl in the right way... given several points to make her cum :) ... you can also customize it to make the model look like someone you know (in your case, paris hilton lol). of course it'd be soft body physics based and not just a static model

at higher levels you'd have to please some dried up old russian granny :D

Last edited:
probably start the base scrim teams things again once more ppl start pubbing around and i have a working mouse

summer holidays almost here

also my opinion was 100% the same as nofix's and having talked with andrew he's a good guy (he got me into nadja)

i just find that blog to be more pseudo and less technical so i didnt think it was what lee wanted

and u cant tell anything about feeling from the et video tho it does seem really promising

Last edited:
i actually have a touchscreen based game idea for that... basically you have to rub a girl in the right way... given several points to make her cum :) ... you can also customize it to make the model look like someone you know (in your case, paris hilton lol). of course it'd be soft body physics based and not just a static model

you know the market quite well :)

Orgasm Girl

You're 3/4ths there my man

im aware of that one (they even had unreleased NES games like this)... this would be 3d and give full touch control over the whole body :)

for example you could pinch grab by the waste and throw her against the wall or something... of course that would mean you'd lose lol. unless its the stage where shes an S&M masochist... in which case thats how you'd succeed (and doing the sensual thing would mean failure) :sunny:

Last edited:
No harm.

Just remembered the ET:QW Tribes mod was released about a year or two ago. It didn't go over that well. The physics weren't that great. The video in Andrews blog looked much better than it actually felt. T:V's videos also looked much better than they actually felt, but it actually felt. T:V felt better than the ET:QW Tribes mod.

Did you ever try it offline? The biggest problem by far was the netcode aspect of things. It could have just been a slower server, or perhaps network lag impacted the performance overall. Really though I heard mostly good things in terms of the physics and the way the game handled when it came down to the isolated tests.

You are right about the fact that Andrew's code isn't cut and paste. Nothing is really cut and paste, but what he did is actually a really good starting point when it comes down to doing things the right way. What it needed the most was someone who could actually handle the programming aspect of things and actually invest a good portion of their time to fix all the little things. Working on games in general involves a lot of customization and adjustments so that all of the systems are purpose built to suit the requirements of the final product. You rarely get a case where you can go out months ahead of schedule and write down an entire system and expect it to work like a charm 6 months down the line.

That was basically the case with the mod. The network system was essentially a mix of vanilla with some new custom stuff blended in. It wasn't fine tuned at the later stages, and there were even some odd bugs so we had to revert a lot of stuff back to vanilla anyway.

There were even bugs with Andrews physics system. I think he basically got involved with GG and 1.4 so he didn't feel like taking another look at it. I got someone to patch it up and it worked ok, but ideally I would have liked to have done some evaluation at later stages and correct anything that wasn't working like it should.

I'm basically an Art guy, so I fixed whatever I could and simply moved on to other projects when it was released. It would have been cool if someone actually took over it when I moved on to other things, but nobody with any serious intentions ever approached me about it. Whatever though, I'm not too worried about it.

i just remember that when you held tryouts for people to play test your game, you sent out invites to people who didnt play tribes regularly and showed up just for the beta test

and completely excluded invites to the actual active t1 community crowd

then wondered why the game was inactive

Dear Lee:

I'm disappointed to not see a private message in my inbox. I'm even more disappointed to see that you have voiced concern about the validity of my claims.

Is a man (or in this case a magician) not allowed to pursue his passions?

Lee,

I am not billing my standard rate. I must use personal contact information for this project in order to avoid discounting my services for more serious business. Please understand my use of personal email for correspondence.

In any case, do you not see that I have taken time off from my personal studio, currently working on the PC version of "Game of Thrones", to speak with you.

Very, very disappointing Lee. I am forced to request forty dollars for two weeks to remedy this hostile situation.

I look forward to your response,

Jerry

i just remember that when you held tryouts for people to play test your game, you sent out invites to people who didnt play tribes regularly and showed up just for the beta test

and completely excluded invites to the actual active t1 community crowd

then wondered why the game was inactive

The game wasn't that active, but I didn't think that there was anything surprising about it. I think the misconception you have is that I actually made the mod for the community, to make them happy, and satisfy everyone's needs for a T1 replacement. It's nothing like that at all.

The reason why I excluded you guys is that you were unruly, and typically you stir up drama. T1 players will be T1 players, and I totally get that it's what you guys do. I just made up my mind that I didn't want to deal with any of that, and I had a lot of work to do, so I just left you guys out for a couple weeks while I made all the little adjustments.

Did you ever try it offline? The biggest problem by far was the netcode aspect of things. It could have just been a slower server, or perhaps network lag impacted the performance overall. Really though I heard mostly good things in terms of the physics and the way the game handled when it came down to the isolated tests.

You heard those things because andrew was involved with it, and people like to slurp. If you ever want an honest opinion, I don't sugar coat. I'll tell you how it is. The physics felt okay, but they weren't T1 physics. Not cutting on andrew, or you, or anyone. By comparison, they felt better than any other community effort.

The video looked convincing, but I think at that stage, andrew probably thought it would never be in a 'release' state, so it would never be judged by feeling, only by visualization.

Dear Lee:

I'm disappointed to not see a private message in my inbox. I'm even more disappointed to see that you have voiced concern about the validity of my claims.

Is a man (or in this case a magician) not allowed to pursue his passions?

Lee,

I am not billing my standard rate. I must use personal contact information for this project in order to avoid discounting my services for more serious business. Please understand my use of personal email for correspondence.

In any case, do you not see that I have taken time off from my personal studio, currently working on the PC version of "Game of Thrones", to speak with you.

Very, very disappointing Lee. I am forced to request forty dollars for two weeks to remedy this hostile situation.

I look forward to your response,

Jerry

jer, cyanide studios Cyanide - News - 2011 - 05 - 11 seems to be coming along pretty sweet with the latest publication game of thrones A Game Of Thrones - Genesis hope i get a beta invite!!!

The game wasn't that active, but I didn't think that there was anything surprising about it. I think the misconception you have is that I actually made the mod for the community, to make them happy, and satisfy everyone's needs for a T1 replacement. It's nothing like that at all.

The reason why I excluded you guys is that you were unruly, and typically you stir up drama. T1 players will be T1 players, and I totally get that it's what you guys do. I just made up my mind that I didn't want to deal with any of that, and I had a lot of work to do, so I just left you guys out for a couple weeks while I made all the little adjustments.

i don't think you made it for the t1 community, but if you want to pretend that you made it with hopes that it would be completely stagnant and unused within 2 weeks then go ahead

i mean i'm sure at least maybe one person on this forum will buy the idea that you didn't want the game to be active

whatever helps u save face

blanket generalizations are also nice as there are just as many contributive members of this community as there are useless detractors regardless of the game

Back