Death Punch Studios filling positions.

These people also have a habit of being "too busy" for projects they have no real motivation to contribute to. They will sign up, do some minor work for a couple weeks, then you'll never hear from them again. Eventually you'll have a lot of work issued to a lot of people, and nothing getting done. Then you decide to replace them with active people which will invariably lead to hurt feelings, and this will go on and on until everyone remotely interested in your project will have been fired.

Just a heads up, obviously you haven't been in the loop.

Yeah this is completely accurate. This place was born from a game that came out 10 years ago, and there's the generational aspect to consider.

Anyone who is capable of doing this type of work is either working professionally or simply doesn't frequent here anymore.

Wow. Amadeus really is a terrible human being. GG. Congratulations on being the second person I've ever pignored.

Disregard Amadeus. He's a permanent fixture here, and he does nothing but belittle any Tribes-related project that comes along. Even if you fail, you will still have accomplished more than what Amadeus has in his pathetic excuse for a life.

And supposing you finish all of it: what will you have then? A shoddy T1 clone with marginally better graphics?

What the fuck? This is without doubt the most common request whenever a new tribes game is announced, T1 with better graphics.

I'd be willing to do what I can. tbh I'm still relatively new to PS and have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities. I do like working with it a lot though, it's sorta what I do when I'm bored. If it's involves a lot of texture and skin work drawn from scratch I'd probably have to decline. If it's hud and GUI type stuff then I could probably help out.

Find me in IRC or PM me some time and let me know what all you'd like done and I'll see if I can manage it.

I'd be willing to do what I can. tbh I'm still relatively new to PS and have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities. I do like working with it a lot though, it's sorta what I do when I'm bored. If it's involves a lot of texture and skin work drawn from scratch I'd probably have to decline. If it's hud and GUI type stuff then I could probably help out.

Find me in IRC or PM me some time and let me know what all you'd like done and I'll see if I can manage it.

Alot of our models do not use standard textures in the sense of UV Wrapping like most games.

I have developed a system to split models into "Sub-Meshes" and apply materials to submeshes. This allows one to change the color of the model very easily.

An example is the picture of the character model I posted. Look at the green one. All of the green parts are one sub-mesh with a green material applied, the black parts are another submesh and so are the glowing parts. To change the models appearance i just simply select different materials for the different submeshes. All of the models in that picture took maybe 3 minutes to change the different color schemes.

This feature I plan on integrating into the player select scene, the player will be able to choose whatever colors he likes to change the appearance of his character instead of having to have custom made skins.

Another benefit to this system is I want to change the glow color depending on the team. For instance one team will glow blue while the other team glows red instead of the typical green/red triangle on top of the players.

For 2D artist I am primarily interested in GUI elements, GUI design, sprites (for grass/flowers/etc on maps), texture for terrain and website images. If we have a 3D Model that uses standard texture mapping it would require collaboration between the modeler to supply you with the UVMap and you could both work together to develop the texture map.

2good: but im a veteran around these parks and u wouldnt be who u r without peeps like me. this sounds underground and i want in

On its own this community has created amazingly enhanced T1 graphics at no cost. Imagine what could be made in the hands of a professionally paid artist.

In my opinion we dont need a new game, we just need new models.

154u0zd.png

Last edited:
And just what is the marketing policy here? Who's your target audience, and how will you reach out to them? What will your customer service be like? What are you main selling points?

1. Advertise on TW
2. Sell on steam
3. ????
4. Profit

Thank you for contacting me Lee.

I will be in touch with you shortly regarding your formal business offer.

Best regards,

Jerry

What the fuck? This is without doubt the most common request whenever a new tribes game is announced, T1 with better graphics.
Let's see if you can spot the distinction:

T1 with better graphics

A shoddy T1 clone with marginally better graphics

May I remind you that T1 gameplay as we know it was a complete accident, and that several dev teams have already failed to recreate the same feeling?

But let's suppose for a moment that the impossible does happen, and the game plays exactly like T1. Did you look at the videos? That engine looks like absolute shit even by 2005's standards. Nobody would want to play that who isn't already a Tribes fan. So congrats, you managed to appeal to the same 30 people who still play T1 LT.

"T1 with better graphics" is an utterly stupid way of trying to revive Tribes. Let alone impossible to actually do. You can bet the farm on this "project" NOT producing T1 with better graphics.

Wow. Amadeus really is a terrible human being. GG. Congratulations on being the second person I've ever pignored.
The bad news is that I tend to be right.

Anyone remember this thread?

Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no? by azuritereaction - TribalWar Forums

Cliffs:
- random guy says he's gonna revive Tribes by posting vids on youtube
- I call him out on it because it's a retarded idea
- Everyone else is supportive and tells me to stfu
- 7 months later, no videos, no updates, no nothing

Can I guess how this thread will play out?

Amadeus is basically just a realist.

I'm suprised he hasn't shown up in my thread yet. I feel left out.

let me redact all of my other statements and wish you well. In fact we should probably sticky this thread so we can follow your progress. Don't you agree opsayo?

I am at work, so this will be short. I have had plans for new gametypes to make gameplay slightly different but still distinctively tribes. I did not originally post them because i wanted to release the info later.

CTF Elimination mode:
3 or 4 teams of 10 players, Each team has a CTF flag, and each team can capture any of the other teams flags. If one teams flag gets captured 10 times, that team is eliminated. Eventually it will be a duel between 2 teams to have the one final victor.

Engineer wars mode:
The armory has ran out of weapons, grenades, mines and armors. The only Armor available is the Engineer class. Each player spawns with an INV station and they can only purchase Turrets, Forcefields and Blast walls from the inventory station. There is a limited number of objects able to be deployed by 1 player. Turrets can shoot players and deployed objects of the enemy team, but primary targets are players.

The objective is to capture the enemies flag 1 time, the first team to get a flag capture wins.

i think that could be very fun and unique

i have heard cyanide talk about making a new gaming ladder/community forum for cutting edge and somewhat obscure game titles 2 get press

u should really give him a message

Back