Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars
Page 15 of 38
Ashaman
VeteranX
Old
281 - 12-16-2009, 05:57
What did the update say? Anyone still have it cached somewhere?

Sponsored Links
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 12-16-2009, 06:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Basically: "It's a big project and we have few volunteers and things are going slow right now but it'll be totally awesome when it's done".

Pad that out to half a page and you got your reply.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
283 - 12-16-2009, 06:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Ah no worries, I'll give a summarization in a new blog post. May as well do one of those anyway.

I'll also try to include a whole slew of some model renders and other things of that sort that are going into the game.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
284 - 12-16-2009, 18:15
Update here:

http://www.twars.org/blog.php

And to some extent what Amadeus said is true. It's a volunteer project, so you can expect miracles from people who work on this in their spare time. I spend the majority of my free time working on the artwork for the project so I can't put up updates all the time.

I'm transitioning off of actually working on the artwork and moving more into the scripting areas of the project now. As I go along, the functionality of all the game elements should come together and we'll be that much closer to testing.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 12-16-2009, 18:18
Why do you have bad looking weapons? Cant you make tribes looking weapons? Only with a few very few modifications only. That looks like it came from starwars or something. Not that I dislike but it would give..... other dimension to the project. idk

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
286 - 12-16-2009, 19:19
Weapons look tight ...

Hell Phoenix
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 12-17-2009, 12:41
Looks badass.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 12-17-2009, 17:45
tribes weapons owns any weaponary in games world x)

Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 12-17-2009, 19:58
my care meter is at 0. This will end up like that **** project at renwerx. 7 years from now both of these volunteer projects will still be unfinished.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
290 - 12-18-2009, 01:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubiS View Post
you're a simple minded fool

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
291 - 12-18-2009, 05:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubiS View Post
sorry but no

Tron 2.0 has cooler weapons than Tribes

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 12-18-2009, 07:43
hell no. I prefer tomb raider's weapons

Lemon, iam so mind freak

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
293 - 01-14-2010, 00:21
Update: http://www.twars.org/blog.php

Also I had a question about possibly revising the blaster weapon:

Quote:
I should say that one of the things that does have me wondering is the Blaster weapon. We all know that games like Tribes: Vengeance attempted their own version of the blaster, much like a shotgun. Personally, I wasn't too keen on the shotgun concept and never really saw it as a really useful tool when the range of your was an easy means of foiling an attack. Even the standard blaster weapon wasn't particularly useful outside of a few select situations so not very many people carried it. Right now in this mod, it's a weapon scarcely used because you're required to lead quite a bit with it, and it only fires one shot. If you hit someone, it can pay off big but it's generally not something you can be very consistent with and you may opt to use the Gatling Gun for it's better rate of fire. Personally I'm considering a slight change in the blaster and turning it into more of a classic rifle type weapon. Instead of shooting out a relatively slow moving projectile that isn't useful at longer ranges, this would fire a shot that would hit it's target instantaneously. It could also be used in a sniping capacity, but wouldn't deal the same amount of damage that a standard sniper rifle can. With these changes, it would be possible to hit targets more consistently at medium ranges, and would provide a means of hitting someone at a longer range than the Ion rifle or Gatling gun.

I'm not one for taking big changes lightly so some input is required to help me make up my mind. Which of the following options you prefer to see a blaster weapon with:

Option 1: Hitscan Projectile that hits it's target instantaneously. Moderate Damage, Slower rate of Fire. (similar to Shock Rifle from Unreal Tournament, without the secondary fire)

Option 2: Traveling Projectile that moves slowly. Higher Damage, Moderate Rate of Fire. (classic Blaster characteristics)

If anyone has any thoughts on the proposed change, you can comment here.

Last edited by Arcanox; 01-14-2010 at 00:58..
MikSchultzy
VeteranXX
Old
294 - 01-14-2010, 07:01
Classic blaster.

The T1 blaster was the most useful of the bunch, especially considering the other special characteristics it had.

I think the T2 one did some neat stuff too, but I cannot remember.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 01-14-2010, 07:49
Take the T1 blaster and add some energy drain. Not much, about 10-20% of a light armor's total energy per shot.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
296 - 01-15-2010, 00:31
repost from GD:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
My thoughts on the blaster:

Reduce the draw time and increase the projectile speed a little bit if you're worried about effectiveness. Make it a sort of quick-finishing weapon.

While it definitely serves in a back-up capacity in T1, I often carry it around in place of Plasma for my outdoor medium and heavy loadouts for the ability to just whip it out and snap off a finishing shot. If you have the physics right and the projectile speed decent it should be able to serve a similar function. No, it's not a primary weapon, but it's certainly useful.

Making it hitscan would just make it annoying to have used on you imo. If you can't do anything to make the other person's shot miss/mess with their leading, it's not a weapon that belongs.

dangerdee
Veteran++
Old
297 - 01-15-2010, 23:32
Rather than a blaster, why not switch it for a grenade launcher? In all tribes and tribes related games, the grenade launcher was vital for gameplay, and made it thoroughly more enjoyable. I think it would be a mistake not to include one.

ultrasonicsite
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 01-24-2010, 14:51
I agree, a grenade launcher is preferable in a tribes-style game. Why not have both though? I think the blaster should be like the original, I never really liked the shot-gun style of T:V.

Cinderkarst
VeteranX
Old
299 - 01-24-2010, 23:58
Glad to see this project's still in the works. Looks awesome.

whitewhale1
Veteran4
Old
300 - 01-26-2010, 09:47
hi from down in australia

i am so stoked this project is still going strong, been playing since t1 and even play legions at times (yes desperate haha)

there is still a community who will play this for sure down here.....was a great t1 and even t2 community and legions gets some games too

u guys rock the look is perfect and i think ur attitude is great, dont listen to the naysayers on here

BRING BACK THE BEAGLE!!!

Page 15 of 38

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
opsayo is a cheater , tribes cheats , tribes is dead