[MAP PACK] Released At Last

Question....

I installed the map pack, but I want to pick and choose which maps I want to include in the rotation.

So, I went and edited my server.ini file's map list, and restarted the srver.

All of the maps still show up, however, in the server webadmin console as part of the rotation.

I tried using the web admin to change the rotation, and it always crashes the server when I click on the << and >> buttons - the < and > do nothing.

So....short of renaming the map files to *.bak, or something, is there something I am missing?

there's something called byteweb that is a working webadmin thing. wolverine's server config guide (link in his profile) has a link to the byteweb stuff.

one last thing, gandalf, two maps had problems in the pack. wolverine is getting a new download together, one large zip file. one of them had a missing terrain that we missed looking over about a million times, and the other one was an older version of the map. that link should be up soon.

nix that, it seems that he's also making a fix file to replace the two bad maps. you WONT have to completely redownload the whole pack if you've gotten it already.

Thanks, Geiss, I got the Byte web admin working. Took some work, but it's definitely nice.

Which maps are effected by the "screw up"?

SmOkkin' Joe said:
MP-VM-Gigant has no effing terrain

It does for me. o_o

EDIT: In addition, keep in mind that Geiss is doing this in addition to a million other things IRL and Tribes-wise. A few mistakes are bound to slip through. Though he did indeed jump the gun in making this post, he's trying to get this thing done and done right.

Last edited:
[4M] |[KGB] Remotelabs has the map pack installed with a custom map rotation. Not all of the maps are in the rotation, but most of the custom new maps are.

ummm, maybe im the only one thats confused, but to clarify, is there a working version of either the parts of the map pack up yet? Is it on VM? Cause i cant find a link to it on VM. Unless of course the VMPackB.exe is the whole final thing?

Fissure said:
ummm, maybe im the only one thats confused, but to clarify, is there a working version of either the parts of the map pack up yet? Is it on VM? Cause i cant find a link to it on VM. Unless of course the VMPackB.exe is the whole final thing?

VMPackB.exe was the first try.... it failed :)
my tip: delete it, forget it, wait for final (single file) DL and get the pack then.

Back