[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

PyroTeknik said:
Destroyer, I'd use a different texture for the ground if possible, or alternate it a bit.
For some reason that texture is too "busy" to be used all over the map :eek:

Yea... i know, im pretty much done with the BE base side, gonna try and hammer out imperial side this weekend, and then finish the terrain...

Right now, the terrain is just one texture, i havnt even touched it yet... so dont worry :roller:

Cinderkarst said:
Some pics from my first map, which are all outdated by now but will give you a rough idea...

http://www.def-rangers.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=18

Also, a somewhat comprehensive TribesEd tutorial is coming.

LIGHTNING EDIT: That CC view is especially outdated. I'll post some new pics when I get back to work on Sunday.

Cinderkast that is awesome. Cant wait for your updated tutorial. Hell if you had a fullcore video on building maps inTribesEd I think some would be willing to donate since I feel the support for TV map editing etc wont be well supported by the devs or VU.

Boot Your arena maps look outstanding. I dont play Arena that much, but with the grappler hook this kind of reminds me of some good ole Quake 2 maps. Damn you and Cinderkast are suddenly making me feel good about Tribes vengeance. Kudos.

Cinderkast, Boot, Destoyer193, Santa own us all. Great maps guys.

Last edited:
BooT said:
heres an update on the map im working on. as i said before its a combination of Arena Under the Hill (Bloodbath) and Safe Warm Place, 2 of my favorite T1 arena maps. I took some liberties with it though, I figured I might as well make it new and improved. I would say I'm about 65% done with it at this point and it may be done within 2 weeks. Its primarily an Arena map but I'm adding CTF and Rabbit cause it should be fun.

UTSWH1.jpg
Nice!

Gringo said:
This thread has inspired me to work on mapping. I've never tried it, always thought about it.

Those are all the links I picked out of the thread, including countless tips and info. Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated, thx.

Edit: What programs are required, and what is preferred? How much do the progs go for?

same nick in irc

I too am looking now into mapping. Instead of complaining..contribute.

Maps are looking good :)

Its a lot of work. More than I bargained for. But we'll get more efficient I hope.

cool map, Boot, the center section reminds me of T1 Anthill.

I'll wait for the tutorial to come out before starting mapping

just in the case some don't know, i made (and still make) a lot of seamless textures, perfect for the mappers imho : you can browse, chose and grab there.

I am more than happy to see a lot of people starting mapping and maybe it's a bit early to say this but i hope we won't have only green-grass/blue-sky worlds to fight on =]

hey all, we need a map community lead for this stuff, organize the project into map packs and releases :)

/me does NOT volunteer, no time.

?B-MAN said:
Boot Your arena maps look outstanding. I dont play Arena that much, but with the grappler hook this kind of reminds me of some good ole Quake 2 maps. Damn you and Cinderkast are suddenly making me feel good about Tribes vengeance. Kudos.

Cinderkast, Boot, Destoyer193, Santa own us all. Great maps guys.

:signed: to the nth degree, thanks for all your work guys, cant wait till the tute comes out, i'll definitely be looking into making my own as well :)

Boot you have messenger or something? PM me if you do. I'd like to be in contact with someone that could help me with my mapping (if you're interested). Thx.

Back