[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

You may find that in its purest form, its probably not balanced for T:V at all.

Grappler and all those clean dips will lead to very high scores.

Zxqv8 said:
You may find that in its purest form, its probably not balanced for T:V at all.

Grappler and all those clean dips will lead to very high scores.

Of course it won't be exactly like the t1 version, you have to make adjustments... but i think it will still be loads of fun. Alot of people like it.

Either way, its good practice for me, learning the editor.

dunno if it's like that for every maps in TV, but in the maps on the beta... I miss the big Bases...

anyway.. I hope the other maps have some big bases :D

can't wait to see pics of your map.

newmap3.jpg

newmap4.jpg

look familiar?

edit: verrrrrrryyy early... started this weekend, playing with different things... nothing is permanenet... especially the shazbot in the middle.

GIMPbeowulf said:
About how difficult are you guys finding it to make maps?
(how much work involved?)

Depends on how well you know the editor...

That question is hard to answer, also depends on the map you are going to make. Some people take a few months to finalize a map...

I screwed around alot with ued in ut2k3/ut2k4 last year, never got really into it. This past weekend has probably been the most experience i have had with the editor. I feel im picking it up real well. But you pretty much won't be able to make anything spectacular without the knowledge of maya or 3dsmax...

Is it worth it to d/l and learn this beta editor? I dont want to start a map and then realize I have to redo it when the final editor is released.

I learned how to make reticles before i learned even HOW to put TERRAIN down in the editor. I tried for like 30 minutes, but nothing i did would even give me TERRAIN to even manipulate...

Greywolf said:
I learned how to make reticles before i learned even HOW to put TERRAIN down in the editor. I tried for like 30 minutes, but nothing i did would even give me TERRAIN to even manipulate...

You are best off taking terrain from an exsisting map, although i think tsetse created a blank map wiht the essentials needed...

Is it possibe to make a map in 3dstudio max then import it? cause I actually know how to use that....

When I create a new map in the editor it doesnt allow me to pick a prefab map or skybox...and I am not familiar with this program at all...the tutorial is miniscule and lacks alot.

Back