News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAT Mav said:
TVbox.jpg

MUuuuuUUUch better. Cept YOU forgot the Twar logo too Mav! :hrm:

Yeah, box looks like crap. The logo is too far apart, too bland, and the picture, while it shows off the action well enough, is pretty bland too.

It's nice to know it's finalized though. Apparently there's no need to gauge the public's reaction with other designs since whoever designed it is an artistic god with no falliabilities.

Good work. Now try again plz.

SaintDude said:
MUuuuuUUUch better. Cept YOU forgot the Twar logo too Mav! :hrm:

Would that sell? I don't think so.

So you've got a female with a flag and a gun? Yeah, that doesn't say UT2k4 ripoff at all.

Sure it looks cool, but it doesn't make the game look fun or interesting whatsoever. The Julia pic would fit better on the back cover, above some story text.

Last edited:
They're gonna market it as a deathmatch game ?

The 'freedom of movement' is on the box allright... but where's the teamplay ?

I like the Julia design way better, maybe a crowd of players behind Julia...'following' here

edit: looks good...except i thought the targeting laser wasn't in the game.and why is he shooting the other guy with the TL anyway

dammit theta i clicked your sig :lol:

btw, is vivendi looking for all their new games to have matchign boxes? looks like the CS and HL2 box

Selachii said:

I like the Julia design way better, maybe a crowd of players behind Julia...'following' here

Those info are usualy in the back... And we didn't saw the back.

Mr_Unlucky said:
Would that sell? I don't think so.

So you've got a female with a flag and a gun? Yeah, that doesn't say UT2k4 ripoff at all.

Sure it looks cool, but it doesn't make the game look fun or interesting whatsoever.

And the current box is better how exactly? Keep in mind I'm buying the game regardless of the cover. With that said most folks only give the box on the shelf a cursory glance. You only have 3-10 seconds to catch their attention and face it, Julia is a hell of a lot more eye catching than those two airborne monkeys. If you pull them in so they can look at the box you have already won. After that its up to the back and possibly inside cover of the box to sell the item.

Trying to convey the idea of T:V in a snapshot just isn't possible, period. It would do the game more justice to put something related but much more visually appealing on the front just so the potential buyer is interested enough to pick it up.

This isn't my usual rant for the sake of ranting here btw. I'm actually trying to be helpful. :D

we should have voted on a Box...

what they need to do is aim for orginallity and not being a bargain box look...

you want the person to see it and pick up the box and then be wowed something Julia could do better.

Selachii said:

Deathmatch sells.

the box isnt going to sell the game, the reviews and word of mouth are.
how many people buy games based upon box covers these days? not many i'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back