[T2] Vengeance mod

Wulfen said:
Quit talking and just get it done. I'm curious to see the results. :)
Believe me, I am too. I'm spending much more time with this than any one person with a life would. Then again I have no life, so...

Well, I'll stop working for today. Bad news is that I won't be able to work on it tomorrow. The main problem is this:

grapple.jpg

Here, the circle shows the path the player should be moving on. The black vector is the player's current speed. I also have a vector on the red line (which is basically the direction the player should be going to follow the path). Problem is, I don't know which direction that red vector points in (I need the direction the player is moving in). If anyone can come up with a solution on how to get that has basically made the grappling hook work. I can calculate almost anything (vectors, lenghts, coordinates etc.), so don't bother with that.

(actually I have an idea, but it's past midnight here and I'm starting pretty early tomorrow, so I'll try it when I get back, and if it doesn't work I'll try your suggestions)

Tajora said:
I don't know if you know how to use these...if not ask and I'll try to explain. Basically they are the static addresses (not DMA) Tribes 1 uses to store your "player" information. I have static variable's that include enemy player position and rotation etc (all static) but won't post because I don't want nofx's faggot ass finding them.
newsflash, retard: those memory locations are completely unrelated to the topic at hand, plus nofix would already have all of the addresses. since, ya know.. he has that whole working autoaim thing.. that gets player locations from memory.. try using your brain, rather than being a complete idiot. also, it may not be the best idea to post information that could rather easily be used to create cheats.

Problem is, I don't know which direction that red vector points in (I need the direction the player is moving in). If anyone can come up with a solution on how to get that has basically made the grappling hook work.

X,Y,Z addys wont do shit for a cheater you bum. The addy's for the other players on the server arent even remotely close to the ones I posted so they cant find them. As you can see by Amadeu's post, he wanted to know how to find out what direction the 'player' is using. I said I have the player rotation addy's (which you can use to find direction) but I'll give it to him if he pm's me, and will not post it in this thread. FYI, there is NO hack a person can make with fucking memory addy's that give him his OWN FUCKING LOCATION!!11

Tajora said:
X,Y,Z addys wont do shit for a cheater you bum. The addy's for the other players on the server arent even remotely close to the ones I posted so they cant find them. As you can see by Amadeu's post, he wanted to know how to find out what direction the 'player' is using. I said I have the player rotation addy's (which you can use to find direction) but I'll give it to him if he pm's me, and will not post it in this thread. FYI, there is NO hack a person can make with fucking memory addy's that give him his OWN FUCKING LOCATION!!11
first, learn to quote. second, good luck writing autoaim without knowing where your projectiles originate from (additionally, there is no legitimate use of exact coordinates.) third, theyre discussing t2, not t1, try using some reading comprehension. its even in the fucking title. finally, since this is serverside, they wouldnt need to use memory hacks, either in t1 or t2. so once again, reading comprehension: good thing. you: dumbass.

Last edited:
I'm home!! Decided to stay an extra day.. I'll be putting on the latest beta and/or grapple.cs in a few hours.. I'll post back when it's UP!

;)

Half-Wit said:
how do I launch the vengence mod for a non dedicated server. SO if i just wanna screw around with it ?

put this

@echo off

REM #######################################################
REM 10/31/02
REM Tribes2 Vengeance LAN loader
REM This batch file MUST be run from the GameData directory
REM #######################################################
del .\base\scripts\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\base\scripts\autoexec\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\base\scripts\packs\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\base\scripts\turrets\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\base\scripts\vehicles\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\base\scripts\weapons\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1

del .\Classic\scripts\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Classic\scripts\autoexec\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Classic\scripts\packs\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Classic\scripts\turrets\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Classic\scripts\vehicles\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Classic\scripts\weapons\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1

del .\Vengeance\scripts\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Vengeance\scripts\autoexec\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Vengeance\scripts\packs\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Vengeance\scripts\turrets\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Vengeance\scripts\vehicles\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1
del .\Vengeance\scripts\weapons\*.dso 1> nul 2>&1

start Tribes2.exe -nologin -mod Vengeance
cls
exit

in a file called Vengenance_LAN.bat in the GameData directory and run it they way you would run the classic_Lan.bat file.

Click Start->Run.

Type notepad.exe
Copy that text from
@echo off
to
Exit

Paste it into notepad you have open.

Save As.. to the Tribes 2\Gamedata

name it

Vengeance_Lan.bat

Close notepad.

Nav to Tribes 2\Gamedata\

Double click the file you made, Vengeance_LAN.bat

Simple, really. ;O)

Half-Wit said:
ok thank you, I suck @ coding.

Put this file http://gate.chms.net/files/Vengeance_LAN.bat in your GameData directory. (That might be C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData). Run it from there. (Use windows explorer or Start->Run->Browse and go to the GameData folder and run Vengeance_LAN.bat)

You could put a shortcut to that file on your desktop to make it easier. But a warning. It has to be a shortcut. A copy on the desktop wont work. :)

Back, and starting the work again as soon I've finished reading TW. :)

Btw Monday was pretty good to organize my thoughts a bit, and I think I'll have the solution very soon (if adding the z axis goes well).

Back