VeteranXX
Old
3 - 05-25-2004, 06:41
Where should I put the client .vl2?

krazie0ne
VeteranX
Old
4 - 05-25-2004, 07:17
Is there a server hosting this? I wanna try it out.

|MrSniper|Nyx
VeteranX
Old
5 - 05-25-2004, 08:27
ZOD any plans to give packs their own energy bars? Nice work on this so far.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
6 - 05-25-2004, 09:37
=(ir)= Vengeance - 66.235.201.61:28000

Version 7 Updated.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 05-25-2004, 11:09
Umm yeah, remove the energy drain from the e-pack boost. I know that with jetting and boosting a light could stay up in the air almost indefinately so far, but I think all you'd need to do is reduce the jets' recharge rate (maybe even the amount of energy the light armor has).

Small bug: items deployed in burner flames don't get damaged. Doesn't happen too often though anyway...

A bit larger bug: grappling the sky results in getting pulled towards the center of the map (I can imagine the INF INF INF coordinates being translated to 0 0 0 by the engine). I think grappling moving targets is buggy too, a player seemed to have grappled me and he just stood where I was at that moment, jumping around in the air. I couldn't bare to look at his agony so I had to finish him with the burner.

Anyway, I'll take a look at how the grappler works and see if I can help with the debugging.

And sort of an easter egg: grapple onto a catapult and reel yourself in.

Searagemor
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 05-25-2004, 11:13
There's a server up for this?

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 05-25-2004, 11:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeX
There's a server up for this?
What was your first clue, Sherlock? Could it have been KillerONE's post two posts above yours?

SouthO
VeteranX
Old
10 - 05-25-2004, 13:15
SouthO Vengeance

209.126.209.253:28000

(west coast)

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
11 - 05-25-2004, 13:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
Umm yeah, remove the energy drain from the e-pack boost. I know that with jetting and boosting a light could stay up in the air almost indefinately so far, but I think all you'd need to do is reduce the jets' recharge rate (maybe even the amount of energy the light armor has).

Small bug: items deployed in burner flames don't get damaged. Doesn't happen too often though anyway...

A bit larger bug: grappling the sky results in getting pulled towards the center of the map (I can imagine the INF INF INF coordinates being translated to 0 0 0 by the engine). I think grappling moving targets is buggy too, a player seemed to have grappled me and he just stood where I was at that moment, jumping around in the air. I couldn't bare to look at his agony so I had to finish him with the burner.

Anyway, I'll take a look at how the grappler works and see if I can help with the debugging.

And sort of an easter egg: grapple onto a catapult and reel yourself in.
The E-Pack is supposed to drain all your energy when you boost, it's in the Faqs.

The Burner flames do not damage anything but players, but direct hits to objects do.

I have done all I can with the grapple and was hoping Ilys\you or someone would take a stab at it next release (same for rocket pod). Next one will be cs files not dsos.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 05-25-2004, 13:26
The e-pack only drains pack energy (which is just a fancy replacement for a timer), it doesn't affect jet energy at all.

And I think someone mentioned in the other thread that there's already a mod out there with controllable rockets. Might wanna sniff yround for that... in the worst case, you could try simulating something with a max. heat factor at the player's reticle and make the rockets lock on that. I certainly hope there's an easier way to do that though...

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
13 - 05-25-2004, 13:30
Quote:
The e-pack only drains pack energy (which is just a fancy replacement for a timer), it doesn't affect jet energy at all.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
14 - 05-25-2004, 13:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthO
SouthO Vengeance

209.126.209.253:28000

(west coast)

You arent appearing in the server list. Maybe this will help ...

ZOD
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by KillerONE
Hey ZOD, any reason my server isn't sending info back and forth betweent the master? I thought it was earlier, but now it's not. I'm pretty sure it does when I load up classic 1.5.2 and/or Evo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could be the client $pref::Net::RegionMask setting. See if it matches the one in Classic/prefs/ClientPrefs.cs

I know one of the locals is hosed. Try 1 or 2.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
15 - 05-25-2004, 13:39
Ya I saw that Jim, you still not seeing it?

I see the heartbeat requests going back and forth between my server and the master servers..

Only thing I can recommend to you is changing your "region".

I dunno.. did a ALL SERVER list in T2 just now, it popped up for me. Changed to East/West didn't make a difference.

There is something wrong with the master servers I guess or your client.

My T2 is reporting heartbeat with
198.74.35.11:27999
198.74.35.17:27999
198.74.35.18:27999
I don't know what else to do on my end.

Last edited by KillerONE; 05-25-2004 at 13:48..
JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
16 - 05-25-2004, 13:59
1) Inventory appears in the pack slot rather than deployable slot.
2) Activate pack works, use pack doesnt. (How do you deploy?)
3) Throw deployable appears twice.
4) Why is defense turret query font color dark?
5) Could the hook recharge time be faster?
6) Do you want the 'blade' range to be 8 meters?

All previous deploys were treated as packs (obviously) so they now all appear in the pack slot.

Did I miss something? I cant deploy anything.
^ That isnt right. I can deploy stock T2 things. At least initially.

My scout armor loadout editor lists for Deployables: Inventory, Catapult, Landspike, Spider, Repair Turret and Mortar Turret Barrel. Interesting.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 05-25-2004 at 14:09..
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 05-25-2004, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
1) Inventory appears in the pack slot rather than deployable slot.
2) Activate pack works, use pack doesnt. (How do you deploy?)
3) Throw deployable appears twice.
4) Why is defense turret query font color dark?
5) Could the hook recharge time be faster?
6) Do you want the 'blade' range to be 8 meters?

All previous deploys were treated as packs (obviously) so they now all appear in the pack slot.

Did I miss something? I cant deploy anything.
Did you download and install the client? Mine didn't work until I extracted the script from the .vl2 file...

If you have it right, you should see things like "Use Grappling Hook" and such in the controls menu. Use pack is the deploayableslot , Activate Pack is the pack slot.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
18 - 05-25-2004, 14:14
Quote:
Did you download and install the client? Mine didn't work until I extracted the script from the .vl2 file...

If you have it right, you should see things like "Use Grappling Hook" and such in the controls menu. Use pack is the deploayableslot , Activate Pack is the pack slot.
I have that. (the vl2 was saved as a zip. So I renamed. That is Use Hook etc).

There is an odd sequence that results in deploying being blocked for some reason. I use mapped keys for some deploys. And the old deploys appear in the pack slot. That might explain part of it. But I assume that deploying is still accomplished with the 'Use Pack' key.

Excal
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 05-25-2004, 14:16
Who was in the server under the name JustAGuy and started crying when I killed him? lol

lighten up geeze

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 05-25-2004, 14:18
Btw ZOD, if you can, work on the OOB grid. I found that boosting onto a catapult and into the OOB grid can make you go faster than probably anything else. Boosting onto a catapult alone is damn effective by itself.

Page 1 of 32

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T2] Vengeance mod

Social Website Bullshit