[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

mc-fine said:
messed up for me too..

if you guys mean the gen spawn there's an opening on one side, you have to fly on to the ledge, that fly out and straight up. kind of confusing but doable.

This is a lava map I am working on called Excavator. Lots of work to do with texturing, etc... yet, but I am just happy to finally be getting a grip on the editor. The three open domes lead underground to a central gen room. Its fairly small, but hopefully intense as you can get good speeds on it.

Shot00000.jpg

byteasc said:
Import your loadscreen into MyLevel instead of Mp-DropzoneWasted textures... then itll save with the map and be one less file peopel have to have to clutter up their folders

Ok, I'll start doing that then

thx for the compliments, the Bomberboys server runs it and other custom maps, feel free to host it as you like. TVed isnt being nice to me atm for this next map but It should be a fun one.

Ok, I'm strugling with terrain here. I've looked at all the UnreaED tutorials, and they dont seem to help. How are you guys making your terrain? Importing heightmaps and then smoothing out the kinks?

Jamslice said:
eulogy looks creepy as hell
so in excavator, can you lava-ski? :D

I say should be able to skip-ski across with taking minimal damage... but if you ski flat along the water, it hurts you more. If you fall in, you're pretty much dead.

My newest map, entitled The Gap is in the works, based off some of my favorite tribes 1 maps. The picture can be found here : No, those aren't towers. Yes, it is a ramp.

I hit the 800 mark in speed today and crashed through the sky and the sky boundary so I need to tweak the ramp some more and finish the rest of the map. 1 out of 4 main areas done, the gens are on the ground, the flags are in the air.

-SmOkkin' Joe

Back