Reload this Page T2 mod for T3?
Page 6 of 7
BlueBlaze
Banned
Old
101 - 10-09-2004, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by germ
The point is you have no reading comprehension.

Also, I don't recall T2 in dire need of rescuing, so I don't see how classic "saved" it. I never had a problem finding a populated server. Did the popularity die down? Of course, the game had been out for a year or two. That kind of thing usually happens. And it was Tribes, so it was never really popular to begin with. But it didn't matter.
its selfish to play/create a better mod? (???)

and i was talking competition-wize

Sponsored Links
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 10-09-2004, 11:55
Quote:
Funny...that's kind of how I felt about the whole Classic mod. You guys already had Tribes 1, but then you wanted Tribes 2 all for yourselves. I enjoyed classic, but I thought it was really selfish of the community to do something like that. You didn't see Quake 2 players trying to make the game more like Quake, they just played whichever one they liked and there was no INNER-COMMUNITY BULLshazbot going on.
AFAIK, T2 base was very unbalanced, and Classic wanted to even that up a bit.
Quote:
I know you don't want a huge influx of newbies, I don't really want that either. But I do want SOME new players to come in and...
Ripped the only part that made sense...

I want a LOT of new people to come to the game. My previous point was that people usually don't check if the server they join is running some mods, and so it's very easy for them to end up in some shazbotty mod... provided that modders don't take the time to think about what they're doing.

I'd have nothing wrong with more people playing mods in general than base, it's personal preference really. I'd have no problems with a mod that has SOME elements of T2, but with a new twist. For example, taking the Cloak and SJ pack and merging them into one pack: passive effect hides your IFF, active effect makes you invisible for a few seconds. These things would be fun to mess around with as long as the modder stays creative and doesn't just blindly copy T2 with all its imbalances and design flaws.

sil
VeteranX
Old
103 - 10-09-2004, 12:18
the reason why you dont see quake 2ers asking for quake 1 mod is because theres no fundemental change in physics or gameplay. T:V is a totally dumbed down version of T2. T2 Classic with more depth is what we want

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
104 - 10-09-2004, 12:31
How would you go about modding in memory leaks and UE's into a T2 mod for T:V?

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 10-09-2004, 12:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
How would you go about modding in memory leaks and UE's into a T2 mod for T:V?
I made T1 UE once with a script. It's easy.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
106 - 10-09-2004, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolooman
IRONY!

Spoiler
Hmmm. Critical thinking is required here. Not juvenile attitudes.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 10-09-2004, 12:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
Hmmm. Critical thinking is required here. Not juvenile attitudes.
Let it go, dude. Let it go now.

mc-fine
VeteranX
Old
108 - 10-09-2004, 12:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil
the reason why you dont see quake 2ers asking for quake 1 mod is because theres no fundemental change in physics or gameplay. T:V is a totally dumbed down version of T2. T2 Classic with more depth is what we want
lol clueless... weapon balance from Q1 totally changed. No backpacks, physics TOTALLY different. Strafe jumping, reduction of air control, removal of fast weapon switch, no lighting gun, rocket speed very slow compared to Q1. Overall Q2 was freaking slow compared to Q1.

Q2 was way different from Q1. Ppl just played what they liked (after a lot of complaining much like you see here). Q3 blended the two better and there was a mod to make Q3 more Q1 like it was called CPMA. It was actually quite good and faster paced than Q3. "Pro" players played it but for competitions everyone stuck with base with OSP for admin/toruney functions.

Ace07
VeteranX
Old
109 - 10-09-2004, 13:05
I don't have any problem with mod's coming out because I honestly don't think IG has done enough to "perfect" this release. The server tools are very lacking, the voting system is horrible, and even the inventory system should have been better (depending on your opinion). The only mod I will play is ZOD's planned mod to "fix" all of these issues (and more!).

sYs|yavor
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 10-09-2004, 13:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlaze
ahahhaha
How old are you, kid? 12? 14?

Ace07
VeteranX
Old
111 - 10-09-2004, 13:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYs|yavor
How old are you, kid? 12? 14?
Old enough to type 2 keys on the keyboard....

(Agent) Lister
Unregistered
Old
112 - 10-09-2004, 13:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax Panda
You phrased it wrong. Correct phrasing:

"Is anybody planing to make a mod adding new items, vehicles, game types, and classical military strategies to T:V?".

The moment you say "T1" or "T2" 50% of the audience is against you. Don't even write those names, they're both dead and gone. Talk about making something new. Trust me on this.
I see that now, though I'm not sure my phrasing really bears the responsibility for this reactionary frenzy. Your unpacking of my statement into its components was pretty accurate, but optimist that I am I imagined that others woule be able to do so as well.

BlueBlaze
Banned
Old
113 - 10-09-2004, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYs|yavor
if i dont tell are you going to sue me

Ace07
VeteranX
Old
114 - 10-09-2004, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax Panda
You phrased it wrong. Correct phrasing:

"Is anybody planing to make a mod adding new items, vehicles, game types, and classical military strategies to T:V?".

The moment you say "T1" or "T2" 50% of the audience is against you. Don't even write those names, they're both dead and gone. Talk about making something new. Trust me on this.

There needs to be a HUGE disclamer like this when you sign up...

BlueBlaze
Banned
Old
115 - 10-09-2004, 13:19
he he you are such a joker lotr{{nick}}0215125

edit :-)

enDless_Delirium
VeteranX
Old
116 - 10-09-2004, 13:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
This is hilarious.

T1 players - who begged for T1 with better graphics - criticizing someone for wanting T2 with better graphics.

Can you spell Hypocrit?
T1 players asked for T1 with better graphics. We were told T2 would be a new game, give it a shot. So they did (We for what we were told as I was there. "They" as I didn't care either way, just wanted to play with .enD) and found a game that was buggy as hell, and had totally ripped the speed out of the game. A year later the community was next to dead, it was so bad even the MARKETING guy could tell the game was going to die, and so they proposed to make an official mod taking the elements from the two unofficial mods that most were playing (Base ++ and version 2 I believe). The game is closer to T1, but still a new game. T1 players who still just want T1 (exactly) with prettier graphics GO BACK TO T1

TV gets announced, a lot of people want T1 with prettier graphics, again we're told it's a new game. So they wait, and this time we're given a new game that isn't buggy and is a lot of fun to play. Now the T2 players want T2 with better graphics and new physics (which is odd as the only real difference between any of the Tribes games is the physics system and one or two weapons..change the physics and you essentially change the game). Those T2 players are being told this is a new game as well.

Saying T:V lacks the depth T2 has is premature. T2 has been out for years, of course more strategies and depth has been found. T:V has been out less than a week (2 months including Open beta) so of course it has less "depth" right now, people are still trying to find/learn the basics of this new game.

For those who are saying T:V should be T2 with better graphics. T1 players had to go back to their game, why should you be different? In the end some people will go back to T1, some will go back to T2. I'm hoping though that the majority of the players will stay with T:V as it really is an awesome game with potential to only get better.

enDless_Delirium
VeteranX
Old
117 - 10-09-2004, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bear
Ok so what you all are saying is this is a dictator ship.....no one can express there views because you dont agree with with them.Guys i am a sorry to tell you but your wrong.To flame some one just because you dont like what they said makes you the one that looks like the ass not him.And yes i have been around playing t2 for 3 years and 2 years in t1 before that.Also i can speak for most of the community of t2 because i am in there chat rooms talking to them most of the day.And maybe your small 12 year old minds cant handle the fact that other people have likes and dislikes just like you.all i can tell you is to deal with it.This will be my last post about this so flame away.Really i dont why i went on this long in the first place.Becuse just like you i dont really care what you think.
you express your views. We express our views.

If our views are different one of two things happen. 1) a discussion 2) an argument with name calling.

As this is the internet, guess which one is more likely to happen? Noone is saying you can't state your opinion, but don't expect others to not voice theirs as well. Not saying I agree with the flaming (why I try not to flame people in these threads) but..well..welcome to Tribal War, and I recommend you stay out of GD forever if you can't accept people flaming you when they have a different opinion.

Ace07
VeteranX
Old
118 - 10-09-2004, 14:22
Quote:
he he you are such a joker lotr{{nick}}0215125

edit :-)
You would be surprised how few ever pick this particular number (7). Its never taken. :P

sYs|yavor
VeteranXX
Old
119 - 10-09-2004, 15:01
Quote:
if i dont tell are you going to sue me
Looks like you are 10 and emotionally unstable.

Now go to your mom and cry.

germ
VeteranX
Old
120 - 10-09-2004, 15:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by enDless_Delirium
T1 players asked for T1 with better graphics. We were told T2 would be a new game, give it a shot....

...Now the T2 players want T2 with better graphics and new physics...

For those who are saying T:V should be T2 with better graphics. T1 players had to go back to their game, why should you be different? In the end some people will go back to T1, some will go back to T2. I'm hoping though that the majority of the players will stay with T:V as it really is an awesome game with potential to only get better.
Exactly. Did people honestly think that T2 would be T1 with better graphics? If it had turned out that way, the complaints would instead have been, "it's just like T1". It was a lose-lose situation for Dynamix. I didn't expect a carbon copy & I didn't want one either. I'm glad the games were different. I'm glad T:V is different. Play them for what they are. If you don't like one or the other, then don't play it. Don't demand for Game X to be modded into Game Y because you like Y better.

Page 6 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page T2 mod for T3?

Social Website Bullshit