[(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II

the curse of teams like barca is that anything less than first place is underperforming

Sad but true, it is down to money I think. The pressure to finish first is intense, whereas in the past when there was less money involved the league was much more fluid. Gone are the days when teams like Man U would be relegated.

I agree that there isn't enough consistency in our results, especially in Liga. If we win today we'll be down to 5 points between us and Real, and there are still 7 games left so it's possible. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

I agree that Europe is more likely for us, but throwing the towel in on Liga when it's still perfectly attainable is retarded.

And yes, glare is right.

I agree that there isn't enough consistency in our results, especially in Liga. If we win today we'll be down to 5 points between us and Real, and there are still 7 games left so it's possible. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

I agree that Europe is more likely for us, but throwing the towel in on Liga when it's still perfectly attainable is retarded.

And yes, glare is right.

If you could choose one, what would you rather Barca won - the CL or La Liga? I know that in England at least, many fans would rather win the league than the CL (e.g. Liverpool, look at what Gerrard said recently).

He already tried to berate me for saying the League. Clearly he wants the CL because it's the only realistic option this year.

I hear the highlight of the u23 match tonight was a decent looking chick running on the field - unfortunately wearing a bikini so not a streaker

soccerstreaker.jpg

Yeah, the u23 team didn't look very sharp last night. We definitely have some skilled players, but for some reason they just didn't seem to be on the same page. Obviously it doesn't help that we were resting a bunch of key starters, but I still expected a better performance.

If you could choose one, what would you rather Barca won - the CL or La Liga? I know that in England at least, many fans would rather win the league than the CL (e.g. Liverpool, look at what Gerrard said recently).
I would rather them win the CL. I've always thought the CL was more prestigious than Liga.

Back