[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

weird that they would need to amputate this late in the game. It doesn't look like an infection is out of control or anything, they just need to smash your bone into little pieces to straighten it back out :shrug:

What reasons did they give for wanting to amputate?

weird that they would need to amputate this late in the game. It doesn't look like an infection is out of control or anything, they just need to smash your bone into little pieces to straighten it back out :shrug:

What reasons did they give for wanting to amputate?

They said that I will never regain any control of this finger at all.
The four choices are:
1: Cut at the middel knuckle.
2: Cut at the bottom knuckel.
3: Cut a V pattern, to get rid of the current scar on my hand to shorthen the width of my hand to make it less visible that I am missing a finger.
4: To remove my middle finger and brake the plate in my hand and move my index finger over to replace my middle finger. Which in turnrequires the longest healing time of all of them.

I am at the point now I almost do not care. The pain every day is fucking crazy. The new skin that has grown just burns like mad. My whole hand feels like an 80 year old with arthritis, it aches really bad. Not to mention the shooting pains that I get from it.

The 4th option is the one that they highly reccomend.(believe it or not)

tell them you want whichever option will be most sexually pleasing to all the ladies in the world

just wanna do somethin special

Updated April 29th

They have given 4 options at this point. All 4 are different ways of cutting my finger off. They cant save it at all. I wish they would have done this months ago, it would have saved me alot of pain.

I HATE HATE HATE how doctors do this shit. I really don't know the specifics in your case but it happens all the time with old diabetic people. They make them suffer in hopes to keep the limb but almost always they end up amputating it. When it should have been at the knee they start with the toes, then the foot and allowing you two extra surgeries and pain.

I'm sorry you're going through all that. :(

It's God's way of punishing you for being a Stealer's fan.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sorry to hear how things are turning out, whatever you decide to do I hope it at least gets rid of the pain you're suffering though.

Did you ever say what exactly you were doing when you got jap-attacked by the spider?

Also, sorry to hear you're losing it :(

I was sleeping in my bed in good old Pittsburgh, PA the night before New Years Eve. If you look at the maps of brown recluse domain, The East part of the states do not even show up on it. :shrug:

Get a second opinion man and if not go with option #4 if they suggest that. They are probably more familiar with the end result of all the options from a patient opinion perspective.

Good luck

It's God's way of punishing you for being a Stealer's fan.

Cant believe I even missed this one Gandalf! I will let you slide just because the Pens are gonna whoop ass on the Flyers next round!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh and btw, Steelers in the Super Bowl next year, you heard it here first. hehe

Back