Need a Tribes OGL Historian

slut said:
I sniped better in T:V. I remember when cappers would just expect to get sniped when i was playing D :lol:

I always thought sniping was easier in T:V but many people thought it was easier in T1

He speaks truth. I could be going a million miles an hour, on a diagonal from him, skiing backwards with my bucker out and harry would still shoot me in the face every time.

I remember when the first thing a team would ask during a recruiting session would be "are you an LPB" and you only got a "yes" 50% of the time.

Ken held us back...and he blew at sniping on con.

Me and prio at stay home and dutch and saiyan chase was pretty much gg on stonehenge.

btw...i like being oob i dont know what else to say

Last edited:
Darkhawk said:
I swear the 2nd incarnation of *S* had a great one the best sniping Ds

Killerbunny, Sirus and Uppa

Don't forget SSX, the times we had all four doing D nothing got in.

Darkhawk said:
I swear the 2nd incarnation of *S* had a great one the best sniping Ds

Killerbunny, Sirus and Uppa

I remember Killerbunny, I remember him yelling at me in a server because he thought I was copying his name, that was our first meeting. Before we left that server we were just joking about shit, turned out to be pretty cool.

Darklord said:
He speaks truth. I could be going a million miles an hour, on a diagonal from him, skiing backwards with my bucker out and harry would still shoot me in the face every time.

i would always aim higher when you were in the air. It was still funny when the laser would bounce off. You seriously made pubbing fun for me. So many people didn't know how to play the game. I still think you should have used light armor more than what you did. You would have gotten better results on certain maps.

Last edited:
IE was a powerhouse.

Anyone remember team FT? Fireteam? They were D&D...

Edit: No way am I reading 33 pages of this...
But the first page brought back so many memories.

Ahh, good times.

I was ~13-15 when Tribes was released. I don't even remember my age, highschool, or anything. Just Tribes.

slut said:
i would always aim higher when you were in the air. It was still funny when the laser would bounce off. You seriously made pubbing fun for me. So many people didn't know how to play the game. I still think you should have used light armor more than what you did. You would have gotten better results on certain maps.
There were a ton of things I should have done in T:V that I never got a chance to. It was my first time being at the top rung of any real competition, so I had a ton of catching up to do. The whole mindset only came at the very end :\

Wow a lot of people posting here who I thought had moved on to better things then TW, lol.

I think some of my favorite memories is when I was back in CkB and on the 5150 server. I had just retired from Arena, MMC for the fucking win, and started playing ctf. This of course was back when I was a young ass who thought he could tackle the world. This happened later of course, you do know doctors had the best HoF and HO right? Anyways the turning point in my career was when Realistik decided he was going to shut me down for an entire map on Raindance. I was on a modem at the time but it was still quite a blow to the old ego, especially at 12-13. Its what really got me working harder to become better at tribes. I don't think I would of accomplished anything without his abuse of my asshole, <3 Realistik

Anyways something thats always kind of bugged me has to do with the whole Doctors vs NuTz thing. We were right, we told every single fucking person here at tribalwar that nutz was a bunch of cheating faggots. Hell I even made a movie of slotr chucking mortars through the fog on obfuscation and hitting people dead on. If it wasn't for the sweetest revenge in the history of the world, turtling, I think i'd be even more bitter then I am now.

Oh and whoever was responsible for the slap on the wrist they gave nutz players and let them create wolfnutz should be shot in the testies.

Throughout my time with S3 and Vanguard I was unaware of anyone cheating. I think the first time I saw chainsparks and red mines was after I stopped playing seriously. Perhaps it was akin to the don't ask don't tell system. Point is, don't say an entire team cheated.

I'd give almost anything to see tribes get as big and rich as it once was. You can't beat the awesomeness of this game.

I hate that I started playing so late in the game. There were some great teams and great matches. Cheating or no cheating, this was by far the best game I have ever played, and it hooked me for years. I wasn't around for the nutz thing, but the time I played in wolfpack was a lot of fun. :wave: to Strega, Mud, Sabre, sLaM, Bourban, d0ur, slut, and everyone else

haven't looked at these forums in months, if not years. pretty cool thread. lots of tribes memories :O

joe I've been meaning to call you, just haven't got around to it.

Back