Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Mindflayr said:
I played for some really Solid teams but Not Until T2 (Base++ and Classic). I played 2 Years Pubbing on t1 - around the time of the Tribal Donut and the Biscuit or whichever the other 1 was. and of course Cheaters Wayside so i know most of the top players who pubbed at all and there were only a few despite how new I was I really hated playing against. In all of my years of t1,t2 & TV - nothing was ever as frustrating as trying to chase down Natural when he was FlagHolding on CCDX "Running Laps" around both bases. Lol.

:rofl:

I know the feeling, I went from a newb clan, to pubbing for like 2 years. I know the feeling of seeing Nat join, and just knowing that you had to somehow stop him from getting the flag.

how about Speed Racers place?? we had that place setup on the backbone at an ISP Racer-X and I worked at, man I miss that server was fun

Speaking of Speed Racers place, Jeff (Racer-X) where the fuck RU. I know you might still lurk here every great once in a while, but I heard you went to work for netapp in SD after we left epoch.

Arjay said:
slut would have to confirm, but I believe he used a smoothzoom script... essentially when you watch his demos you never see him zoom at all, even though he is. I watched his IR demo where he absolutely destroyed incoming cappers (and then taunted them with 'teabagged.' over global lol) and he never zoomed once in the demo...

Would make sense. I always wondered but since I maybe picked up a Rifle twice in 6 years of tribes i never delved into what scripts were commonly used with it.

I wish I had been just a little bit earlier though. I got into the game around the time IE was leaving 5150 and s3 were fighting over #1 and the OGL was already (or quickly became) out of the picture. I was busy running a 50 member team in Mech2 Ladder play so i didnt have much free time but Pubbed t1 daily. Once mech died (T2 base period) I came to tribes 2 fulltime - realized base sucked and went back to t1 until t2 Base++ came out at TribesCon3. Ahh Memories. UVAlan always had more ppl but Tcon always had more good times.

speedracers ftw. I use to ping like 20 there (with 20% packet loss) I couldn't see half my shots, but with a 20 ping I didn't really need to :p

Arjay said:
speedracers ftw. I use to ping like 20 there (with 20% packet loss) I couldn't see half my shots, but with a 20 ping I didn't really need to :p

Yea, you can fucking thank sub par datacenter minions for that, fucking hand made CAT5 that wasnt twisted correctly and it caused some wierd issue where certain server farms would get mad packetloss, the cables were pinned right, but for some reason the guys untwisted it before crimping and SR's was on that farm that was affected for a while until we figured out what it was lol (dont ask me, that is why you do not let HR hire from Devry)

Shadow13 said:
Yea, you can fucking thank sub par datacenter minions for that, fucking hand made CAT5 that wasnt twisted correctly and it caused some wierd issue where certain server farms would get mad packetloss, the cables were pinned right, but for some reason the guys untwisted it before crimping and SR's was on that farm that was affected for a while until we figured out what it was lol (dont ask me, that is why you do not let HR hire from Devry)

Interesting. but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I was at Western Washington University. They had 3 T1's to handle the entire dorm usage. It was fine until they brought online 2 more clusters of dorms... which upped usage by probably 200%. During the day the pipes were pegged at max. It wasn't until about 1 AM that usage would go down and I could game without Packet Loss. I skipped a LOT of classes because I would game all night and sleep in, lol.

I just finished watching a few demos, it is a weird feeling to watch a demo from a game I haven't been playing for years and still my old reflex reactions taking over while I watch. Thinking about using a repair kit just as the person playing does, or the exact moment to fire a mortar while going HO to hit a doorway, or just general stuff like somebody picking up a repair pack and thinking "drop the pack before you hit the station".

It was bad enough that I actually the feelings of what fingers to use to do all of those actions. I didn't even realize I still knew what keys to press to toss a pack or use a repair kit.

Arjay said:
slut would have to confirm, but I believe he used a smoothzoom script... essentially when you watch his demos you never see him zoom at all, even though he is. I watched his IR demo where he absolutely destroyed incoming cappers (and then taunted them with 'teabagged.' over global lol) and he never zoomed once in the demo...

For far snipes i zoomed in but it didnt show. Lots of snipes close up, i would just use the rifle like a rail gun. My sensitivity was so freakin low my arm got tired after a couple games. At one point, nobody could touch me with the rifle. NOBODY! :)

Last edited:
slut said:
For far sniped i zoomed in but it didnt show. Lots of snipes though close up, i would just use the rifle like a rail gun. My sensitivity was so freakin low my arm got tired after a couple games.

I started doing that in t:v and was really surprised at the number of kills it produced. I was probably getting more headshots doing that than zooming -- it was really odd. The best is when you mean to shoot somebody with the disk but accidently hit the rifle key and headshot them. bloops.

Arjay said:
I started doing that in t:v and was really surprised at the number of kills it produced. I was probably getting more headshots doing that than zooming -- it was really odd. The best is when you mean to shoot somebody with the disk but accidently hit the rifle key and headshot them. bloops.

I sniped better in T:V. I remember when cappers would just expect to get sniped when i was playing D :lol:

I always thought sniping was easier in T:V but many people thought it was easier in T1

it was easier in T1 due to the lack of a delay in sniping

T:V made it seem easier though just because everything was so god damn floaty

in t1 cappers were making a beeline for the flag, in TV it felt like they were taking their sweet time floating along

bugger was the original capper for zX, no idea who followed him. I think nothin might have capped too. I really don't remember.

Full mouse sensitivity all the way. Play like you have ADD baby.

slut said:
I sniped better in T:V. I remember when cappers would just expect to get sniped when i was playing D :lol:

I always thought sniping was easier in T:V but many people thought it was easier in T1

way easier in T:V -- not sure why. I had a hard time adjusting to teh sniper rifle when I first started playing, but then somethign just clicked.

i used to do that for HO

then when i started playing CS i realized i couldn't hit a goddamn thing

so i turned my sensitivity down to 25%

when i started playing cs i had an 8 sensitivity :ugh:

Back