Need a Tribes OGL Historian

ah the V teams, VuP, Void, Vacas... haha. the perenial top 15 tribes.

that was cool though, because you had the top 10 and then 10-20 was pretty lively too! you never knew out of those teams who would really break out. some actually did also. a lot of the 10-20 squads had some of the coolest guys that ended up being very good players.

Bacardi's Zulu team was really awesome, I remember a team called {IR} that i think Ryan was on. Northern Cross, Black Lance (who was in the top 10 for a while actually), SDB, JAMZ. It was really fun seeing new teams come up the ladder and not really knowing how far they could go.

oh yea, i found an old demo of <|> playing Dr's on one of the newer maps, it was cool to see some of the old faces like WarBuddha, Spex, Fel, Finalhaven and BYB. Seemed to be later in the Dr's career though. I wish i could find a demo of USR vs. zX on Stonehendge for teamplay. I never took demos though :( o well. let me know if you have an archive i could search through.

nigafool said:
when RJ was still playing, i would get a sinking feeling every time he joined a pub and was put on the other team

You're probably thinking of special. I can count on one hand the number of times I pubbed without smurfing.

Special on the other hand was a total pub whore.

i know you didn't pub much, i agree i could probably count on one hand the number of times i saw you

it was definitely you though...

nigafool said:
oh yea one thing i was never clear on

was foxylady farm, or farms sister, or what

I played with foxylady on {d-i}, she was on Roger Wilco all the time. She is farms sister, farm would teach her a few things. At least for our little team he never played for her, although it was mentioned as a possiblity if she wasn't going to make a match.

Remember when the OGL finally removed Broadside and Scarabrae from the rotation and there was actually a backlash from the crappy bottom teams because "that's our map, don't be mad cause u have no strategy".

ah yes, the match were we had about 6 people for most of both maps... what server did we play on??? haha. it was droptastic. i remember Uppa and some of the (R) guys had the same problem the week after in their match against [IE]. both were great matches though.

Uppa was good and noone really gives him much credit. Prolly because he played in the early days for SA and then the 2nd version of Synergy.

the original E|C squad was actually a not so bad team

darkwater, toymachine, sergei, me & hazecase were an alright defense

pryomaniac & madeincanada were actually quite good on the HO & cap bit

everyone else pretty much sucked

Magus said:
you pretty much have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry i was wrong :|. I just specifically remember aestis bitching in mirc during and IE match.

why don't you actually say who you are if you want anyone to think anything you say has any kind of backing at all, because you haven't posted one thing that gives you credibility yet.

he thinks that by not telling us who he is he looks "mysterious" and is awesome

instead it just makes him look like a douchebag when he invents shit like Aestis bitching about being benched

Back