Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Livingdeath said:
The absolute incredible thing about IE at their Gala match is they were coming off of something like a 6 month hiatus, with a different squad (a lot of old members were gone) and half the team so rusty they were almost liabilities. Worse, tribes had evolved considerably since they were gone, with new strats and everyone else so much better than they had been.

Despite this, they managed to beat the 2 best teams (S3 and 5150) during that 2 week interval when they came back (they lost to them also, prompting the retirement by S3).

IE at the peak of their skills (before Gala) in my opinion were untouchables, no team past or present had what it takes to beat them. The chemistry and smarts was just to perfect, and anyone who saw natural/RJ/Aestis at the height of their careers knew they could do things no one else ever managed to accomplish.
S3 at gala was playing with half a team as well dumby.

Yea I know. They were also at their tribes peak (as I recall they were coming of a 5150 win or something like that, or no maybe they beat 5150 a few days later in competition -shrug-).

ScooBySnaCk said:
I think everyone forgot when EVERQUEST came out IE and most of the tribes community quit.

I remember that, it is funny how when you are involved in a community you can tell how huge a game is going to be by the effect on your gaming community. When WoW came out I was playing Anachy Online and it easy to tell that cities had 20% of the normal number of people around.

Livingdeath said:
Yea I know. They were also at their tribes peak (as I recall they were coming of a 5150 win or something like that, or no maybe they beat 5150 a few days later in competition -shrug-).

No they beat 5150 and IE within like a few hours for some comp play for cash..I only hear how long it actually took to get the payout.

Wow can't belive I didn't post in here.

I remeber playing for a newb clan back in the day sP|. We had just joined OGL and were ranked like 400th or whatever the hell number was at the bottom. We won a match and thought we were the shit. Then this team challenged us, we had no idea who they were...|GBD|. We got destroyed i remeber. I was a shittacular LD at the time, jsut remeber caps comming over the hills on RD without me evening knowing where they came from.

The cool thing is GBD was wicked about it. Alv I remeber talked to our leader after, and gave us some tips. We practiced a bit with GBDs help and improved a shit load, eventually broke up though.

We broke up pretty soon after that match, but I still remeber GBD doing that shit for us, crazy how you remeber crap like that.

icon.jpg

cmon, google buddy

Half the posters in this thread are douchebags who lack the credentials to talk.

If you take offense to that statement, you're one of the douchebags.

Back