soulcalibur 4 you got it? by WildKnight - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?
Page 8 of 8
WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
141 - 08-06-2008, 21:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett View Post
Sidestepping isn't too much of a problem, it's the aerial teleport where he slams down when you are on the ground that is. I can't seem to get out of it until he's done it 3-4 times most of the time.
you recover quicker if you press the horizontal attack as soon as you see you are getting knocked down. that will save you from most of those moves

Sponsored Links
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
142 - 08-06-2008, 21:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Again, you're a retard. They change all of your basic attack, defense, and HP stats which affect how much damage you can take, deal, and how much health you start a match with. Not to mention they affect your Gauge, Boost, Impact, Special, etc stats allowing you to utilize different abilities.
Only no, because this is only in SPECIAL VS, and most everyone plays Standard VS because special VS is kind of retarded.

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
143 - 08-06-2008, 21:52
Quote:
Only no, because this is only in SPECIAL VS, and most everyone plays Standard VS because special VS is kind of retarded.
Just because more people use a certain game type over another doesn't mean the weapons are purely cosmetic and that they don't have any differences in the game. That's quite the red herring you've employed. ****ing logical fallacies.

Glytch
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 08-06-2008, 21:55
the man has a point,

Also it's gay that custom yoda's can't have modified stats (special/power etc). I WANT SUPER YODA DAMNIT

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
145 - 08-06-2008, 21:55
They are purely cosmetic as far as most of us are concerned.

Are they different in Special VS? Yes.

Do any of us even really touch Special VS? No. At least not yet.

I just wish I could put Yoda in funny hats.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 08-06-2008, 21:56
well i have experienced lag fighting and it sucks. especially against kilik and fast movers

oh well.

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 08-06-2008, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
the man has a point,

Also it's gay that custom yoda's can't have modified stats (special/power etc). I WANT SUPER YODA DAMNIT
Yeah I have Vader so I don't know but Yoda sounds completely retarded and broken. I've heard everyone with a 360 hates him especially when they wind up having to fight him online. Makes you wonder why they didn't use any of the other dozen or so well known Jedi/Sith. Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin (that would have been a good choice. PS3 gets slow, tank-like Vader-Anakin and 360 get's young and nimble Episode 3 Anakin), Darth Sidious maybe, Mace Windu (even though I hated his character). Why choose one that was destined to be a broken, throw-away character?

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
148 - 08-06-2008, 22:01
Quote:
They are purely cosmetic as far as most of us are concerned.

Are they different in Special VS? Yes.

Do any of us even really touch Special VS? No. At least not yet.

I just wish I could put Yoda in funny hats.
Ok so in other words you understand that you tried to prove your point by changing the original argument.

kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
149 - 08-06-2008, 22:01
Quote:
Yeah I have Vader so I don't know but Yoda sounds completely retarded and broken. I've heard everyone with a 360 hates him especially when they wind up having to fight him online. Makes you wonder why they didn't use any of the other dozen or so well known Jedi/Sith. Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin (that would have been a good choice. PS3 gets slow, tank-like Vader-Anakin and 360 get's young and nimble Episode 3 Anakin), Darth Sidious maybe, Mace Windu (even though I hated his character). Why choose one that was destined to be a broken, throw-away character?
this question is easy

ps3 = black = vader
360 = green = yoda

do you think namco/lucas arts gives a **** if your fighting game is balanced? and you are very far off in thinking anything in sc4 is balanced, look at Ivy's infinite

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 08-06-2008, 22:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh View Post
this question is easy

ps3 = black = vader
360 = green = yoda

do you think namco/lucas arts gives a **** if your fighting game is balanced? and you are very far off in thinking anything in sc4 is balanced, look at Ivy's infinite
The game is pretty balanced in that a good portion of the characters are on a relatively equal plane. It's unbalanced in the sense that there are a number of throw-away characters (Rock, Yoda, Vader kind of, all those horrible "guest" characters), but you just don't use any of those.

It's not the most balanced fighting game for sure, but there are plenty of mid-tier and high-tier characters that a good player can utilize very effectively.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 08-06-2008, 22:06
Quote:
Ok so in other words you understand that you tried to prove your point by changing the original argument.
How? I don't know anyone that bothers with Special VS and afaik in SC2 the weapons made a difference in regular combat. They don't make a difference in this one. Special doesn't really count because noone gives a **** about it.

kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
152 - 08-06-2008, 22:07
Quote:
The game is pretty balanced in that a good portion of the characters are on a relatively equal plane. It's unbalanced in the sense that there are a number of throw-away characters (Rock, Yoda, Vader kind of, all those horrible "guest" characters), but you just don't use any of those.

It's not the most balanced fighting game for sure, but there are plenty of mid-tier and high-tier characters that a good player can utilize very effectively.
you know that rock/yoda/vader are no where near the tier that amy/hilde/ivy are on, right?

hilde has a one combo setup for a ring out

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 08-06-2008, 22:08
Quote:
How? I don't know anyone that bothers with Special VS and afaik in SC2 the weapons made a difference in regular combat. They don't make a difference in this one. Special doesn't really count because noone gives a **** about it.

Forget it. Please take a course in logic and critical thinking.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
154 - 08-06-2008, 22:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
well i have experienced lag fighting and it sucks. especially against kilik and fast movers

oh well.
I've had a few laggy matches, for a most art the only thing that has lag is guard impacts. You can get the timing down, but it is annoying.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
155 - 08-06-2008, 22:09
Quote:
Forget it. Please take a course in logic and critical thinking.
No.

Daedalus
VeteranXV
Old
156 - 08-06-2008, 22:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh View Post
you know that rock/yoda/vader are no where near the tier that amy/hilde/ivy are on, right?

hilde has a one combo setup for a ring out
And Vader's throw is an instant ring out as long as his back is to the edge and he's even marginally close.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
157 - 08-06-2008, 22:11
Yeah, Daedalus is dumb.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 08-06-2008, 22:11
One of Talim's throws is a little ridiculous as a ringout, she doesn't even lift them off the ground but they just kind of roll of the edge.

kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
159 - 08-06-2008, 22:22
Quote:
And Vader's throw is an instant ring out as long as his back is to the edge and he's even marginally close.
throws are easily tech'd, i think its one button, I don't know, I don't play the game.

Hilde has a block string as well as a mixup that can lead to a ring out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7U5pyqmsT8

thats a combo that can easily be mixed up as it starts with 33K

LoneGunman
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
160 - 08-06-2008, 22:46
got it for 360. xbl= Funkblast1

Page 8 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
i retrospective