Almost humorous old post by T20

Blizz employees play thier game. Every dev in the world probably plays the game they work on.

The problem with EVE is three fold: EVE is highly aggressive, competitive game; politics is a major and real force within the game, capable of shifting the way the game is played; there is only one shard. Contrast this with games like WoW.

WoW has dozens of 'shards', watering down any effect that a dev playing could have and limiting its effect to only a few thosand people.

Its not as competitve: your skills are narrowly construed to instances or staged, lame pvp combat. Contrast that with EVE, where your skills/items directly effect the 'fun' of other people.

Personal interactions and reputation has a real impact on this game. So finding out someone is a dev, is a big thing. You alter how you interact with that person, or group of people. You cant just not raid with them, or leave the instance they're pvp'ing in. You have to deal with it.

So, that's why its scandolous that CCP plays EVE. Its fairly redickulous that this is even a scandol. I also realise that this is all duh stuff. But, you have to point the obvious out sometimes.

Maybe there was some cheating by a GM. Happens all the time, like when they nailed that dick that was freeboating around 00 in that crazy, yet poorrly fitted, Geddon.

Last edited:
The Dev Thread

Oveur's main was 'outted' a number of years ago and no longer plays that character. He does play EVE when he can find the time to do so after attending to his work and family responsibilities.

I have gone on record stating that I am a casual player and am quite content running agent missions in COSMOS space in a tiny corporation not affiliated with any alliance. I do not have the time nor interest in participating in PvP, alliance conflicts or politics. It would remind me too much of work.

Neither Oveur or I are in BoB, SF, RA, GS, or any other alliance. Oveur was involed in an alliance long ago, but no longer and to be honest, I doubt either of us will become involed in one in the future.

Notice how he doesnt mention any northern faction, esp. not D2/IRON. Could explain why ASCN/BoB were soo friendly for soo long, tons of coworkers influencing alliance opinion me thinks.

Blizz employees play thier game. Every dev in the world probably plays the game they work on.

The problem with EVE is three fold: EVE is highly aggressive, competitive game; politics is a major and real force within the game, capable of shifting the way the game is played; there is only one shard. Contrast this with games like WoW.

WoW has dozens of 'shards', watering down any effect that a dev playing could have and limiting its effect to only a few thosand people.

Its not as competitve: your skills are narrowly construed to instances or staged, lame pvp combat. Contrast that with EVE, where your skills/items directly effect the 'fun' of other people.

Personal interactions and reputation has a real impact on this game. So finding out someone is a dev, is a big thing. You alter how you interact with that person, or group of people. You cant just not raid with them, or leave the instance they're pvp'ing in. You have to deal with it.

So, that's why its scandolous that CCP plays EVE. Its fairly redickulous that this is even a scandol. I also realise that this is all duh stuff. But, you have to point the obvious out sometimes.

Maybe there was some cheating by a GM. Happens all the time, like when they nailed that dick that was freeboating around 00 in that crazy, yet poorrly fitted, Geddon.
There's one big factor you're forgetting Hani: High-end content. In WoW no one is stopping you from running Molten Core(or whatever the new hotness is now) but in EVE when BoD comes and takes your region, that's it. You no longer have access to high-end content.

Back