[Release Thread] Overwatch

my pc is probably too ancient to play overwatch :[. it runs buttery smooth for general multimedia purposes but i think it's obsolete for gaming

AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz (lol?)
4GB RAM
NVidia GTS 250 1024MB

seeing the midair streams has given me the gaming itch again after a couple years away. is overwatch even worth trying with these components?

The *only* bitching I saw on the beta forums was when people were using underrated components for the game, while it didn't make it not run, the game had some super quirky shit going on with graphics cards that didn't meet the minimum requirements. Otherwise the game ran okay.

Like, there would be giant numbers in the middle of player's screens, player's screens turning solid black (minus for UI elements, maybe), and other issues where there were giant purple crystal-like textures all over the fucking place.

In most cases these can be fixed by simply updating your drivers. The game was intended to be run on most systems, but that's getting a bit dated even for this game - I have no idea if it'd run. Open beta would have been a good opportunity for you to try it out though and see if it'd run or not on your system.

I'd throw in saying it's worth upgrading to play this if you're considering and have the means to do so - but that's just my two cents. The game's a blast to play.

We should do some team matches where we all play as Pharah (and probably lose due to lack of diversity but at least we can pretend to be leet Tribes players :weird:).

Back