kick_that_shit_in_the_'roni.jpg

Unattainable idealized media images killed Puff
fuck_the_stereotypes.jpg

look what gets done when teacher is a narcoleptic
Mr.Schultz_is_a_narcoleptic.jpg

he just wants attention
cousin_earl_hits_his_bird.jpg

right.

Got meself some books on the subject, started doodling a bit.

also used the excuse to buy myself a wacom 6x8 tablet. So..

suggestions on drawing/painting programs now?

MC Hamster said:
right.

Got meself some books on the subject, started doodling a bit.

also used the excuse to buy myself a wacom 6x8 tablet. So..

suggestions on drawing/painting programs now?

Only had my tablet for a l'ttle wh'le, but I've ma'nly used Photoshop and occas'onally Illustrator.

i began drawing comics in november 2002, and then stopped drawing comics in december 2002. nine strips, none of them particularly well done or funny

trav_comic-01-spud.jpg

:shrug:

CapnPyro said:
thanks, yeah who were you referring too? i have the complete bridgeman guide, and a pdf of loomis' book.

I forgot to check back here. I found Burne Hogarth's "Dynamic Figure Drawing" really gave me clarity in teh realm of figure drawing. He teaches a method for realizing the mass of the body, how it is put together, and how to go about creating dynamic imaginary figures.

He has some other books as well which go into greater detail on particular points of anatomy such as faces or hands, but I found this book to be quite a leg up for me personally.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...f=pd_bbs_3/104-5925662-4214344?_encoding=UTF8

damn, some nice stuff here...

I always wished I could draw and stuff, I suck at it though. :(
some guy told me once that he could teach me to draw, that everyone could draw if they wanted to and had the right tools/techniques, I didn't believe him.

:spineyes:

Back