Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch
Page 210 of 223
Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
4181 - 05-26-2017, 11:27
Finally did my placements for the season after not really playing at all for the past couple months. Amazed at how many healers would refuse to play Mercy with my Pharah considering how strong the combo is right now. Also funny how the Mercys I did run into were stereotypical female Mercy mains that did nothing but talk **** and blame everyone else for losing as if they are the epitome of skill - stupid ****s. Placed at 2970 and went and got diamond real quick. Might actually play seriously next season and try for masters at least.

Sponsored Links
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
4182 - 05-26-2017, 12:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
Finally did my placements for the season after not really playing at all for the past couple months. Amazed at how many healers would refuse to play Mercy with my Pharah considering how strong the combo is right now. Also funny how the Mercys I did run into were stereotypical female Mercy mains that did nothing but talk **** and blame everyone else for losing as if they are the epitome of skill - stupid ****s. Placed at 2970 and went and got diamond real quick. Might actually play seriously next season and try for masters at least.
Sometimes it is the team's fault, sometimes the Mercy. You have to remember that Mercy is slow as hell. Her only way to be useful is to use guardian angel to swoop between teammates. If teammates aren't within range and easily visible (Mercy needs to see most of you to swoop to you), she becomes mostly useless. If I can keep line of sight between you and a tank, great. If I lose line of sight, at best I am running slowly, at worst I get isolated by a tracer and killed.

The big problem is that the meta is more dive oriented, so that makes playing supports way more challenging. Nobody just parks behind a Rein anymore. You want to be aggressive and mobile, but still keep that tighter line of sight.

When a team gets too spread out, support needs to stick with one group, usually the non-dive tank. If you can't see your Mercy, she can't help you. If you are forcing me to run, I'll switch to Lucio. Because Mercy running around is useless.

That said, a lot of Mercy's suck. A lot of people don't play it enough, and someone's got to do it, so people may pick Mercy because you need one, not because they are good at it. Not a lot of people play it enough because they all want the DPS. (I have more fun playing Mercy/Lucio myself).

s0dak1ng
VeteranXX
Old
4183 - 05-26-2017, 12:37
agree, Dota was like this too...every other game were trolls. But in terms of teamplay FPS, no game is better ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I think I'm done with Overwatch for a while!

**** this repetitive cycle of Blizzard's queue system throwing everyone into a ~.500 win rate no matter how well or badly one plays.

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
4184 - 05-26-2017, 13:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
Like Glare said we aren't doing comp at all, the quickplay games have been really good, we win some we lose some. All the people we have been playing with the last week are will to play different roles, I heal the majority of the time but I tank and try to DPS but enough of the TW people can carry as dps if it isn't working we adjust what we are playing. The 6 stacks with TW people play really well, when we have 4 the 2 pugs just aren't in sync and the games don't play out as well.

We aren't trolling in games, everyone is trying to win and we adjust if we are struggling but we aren't worried about a loss. Great way to relax at the end of the day.
pretty much this

6 stacks with people u know makes it much more fun than playing with random dudes who stick on hanzo and gengu all game

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4185 - 05-26-2017, 14:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
I really don't like following a phara around all map as Mercy, it works well if there is a second healer to take care of the team but if I have to focus on the phara and they want to get away from the team for flanks usually the team dies. The issue with it is mercy has great value from the rez, when you pocket a phara it takes a long time to build an ult, if you have 2 tanks to heal you have a rez every minute. I like to spot heal phara when they are close to the team, pretty much keep guardian angel on cool down and phara is a great evasion point to jump to especially when a Winston dives in and I can guardian angel away and he has to wait on his cool down.

I personally don't want a pocket mercy when I play phara, because phara is so mobile I can get to health packs on my own easier than almost any character in the game, I would prefer the healer focused on the other 4 players. If I play mercy and a phara player demands I pocket them I take that as they are a ****ty phara that can't survive long enough to get kills unless they have a dedicated healer, being topped up should be enough and that can be done with an Ana, zen or mercy spot healing.

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
4186 - 05-26-2017, 14:55
I like tossing heal orbs on phara as Zen then let mercy heal the rest of the team. Yeah phara loses damage wang and maybe lower up time but still does ok. Zen is the only healer I've played a lot. Would probably play Lucio but would rather Hanzo than anything else.

tearis
VeteranXV
Old
4187 - 05-27-2017, 14:29
yeah pocket mercy on pharah is too strong to not do. and normally you run second support in lucio anyway so it's fine to have mercy on pharah the whole time. blows my mind when the enemy team has zero hit scan and i can't get a mercy to boost me for 2 minutes while i blow up everyone behind rein.

now if i can just find the right time to rain justice from above...

boston
VeteranXV
Old
4188 - 05-28-2017, 16:54
free weekend... still dumb game. 2 many lock on rocket shots.... TW has gone soft. no skill weapons use to be a big no no among us. oh how the mighty have fallen.

Window
VeteranX
Old
4189 - 06-01-2017, 21:20
Just did placements, finished last season at 2280 and placed at 1684 after going 5-5... wtf

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
4190 - 06-01-2017, 21:52
this thread has convinced me not to play

nerd++

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4191 - 06-01-2017, 21:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Just did placements, finished last season at 2280 and placed at 1684 after going 5-5... wtf
It is all based on your individual play, pro players have lost all 10 placement matches and were placed around 4000.

Window
VeteranX
Old
4192 - 06-03-2017, 10:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
It is all based on your individual play, pro players have lost all 10 placement matches and were placed around 4000.
Have been getting 40+ sr for each win which is not normal for me, already back over 2k

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
4193 - 06-03-2017, 14:19
last season won 2 of my placements and got 2700~

buddy won 7 and got 2000 lol

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
4194 - 06-03-2017, 14:25
why you guys playing this

is there really nothing better asdf

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
4195 - 06-03-2017, 14:26
havent touched it in a month or so

not a bad game its just super casual

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4196 - 06-17-2017, 18:44
I have been playing 6v6 mystery battles, team comp gets messed up but I play different characters more often.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
4197 - 06-17-2017, 18:46
I have been playing Quake Champions.

I really love duelin'!

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4198 - 06-18-2017, 23:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Bk0ENIeAs

Sloppy because it was quick play, too many random sleep darts tossed out. I don't try to solo heal as ana in comp, mercy seems to work better.

frozen-rain
VeteranXV
Old
4199 - 06-18-2017, 23:22
****in assholes keep leaving on second round in comp its ****ing annoying

due to that my last season i finished in ****ing 1050 like what the god damn ****??

CjBurden
VeteranXX
Old
4200 - 06-19-2017, 08:45
1050 = sloth at the keyboard

<3

Page 210 of 223

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
genji is illuminanti , madrebel is stupid , madrebel likes to ramble , taggitfaggit , the genji is coming , they took my son!