[Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

I'm not entirely sure I understood what was happening at that beach burning thing; some religious thing, but the significance of it was kind of hard to grasp (for me at least). It seemed like "zomg, she is making you renounce the accepted religion and now we're filthy pagans."

Pretty much as you saw it. The only bit that was really skimmed over is the Azor Ahai business with the flaming sword, but even reading the books that took me a while to realise it might be something significant, not just some crazy woman's Jesus analogue.

The flaming sword was far more of an anticlimax than it is described in the book. Don't remember Stannis being as openly dismissive about the whole ceremony as that, but I like that he was.

Last edited:
There's only a couple of things that confused me a bit about the episode. I'm not entirely sure I understood what was happening at that beach burning thing; some religious thing, but the significance of it was kind of hard to grasp (for me at least). It seemed like "zomg, she is making you renounce the accepted religion and now we're filthy pagans."
The other thing was that one dothraki (sp?) guy daenerys sent off. "Blood of my blood"? I don't remember this guy from before and suddenly he seems important.

I don't think the whole bastards thing was particularly hard to understand. Joffrey talks about bastards, then we see a baby shishkebab, and suddenly a bunch of kids with brown hair are being murdered. I was a little surprised by how many there were, but the dude had been screwing prostitutes for years on end.
Explanation of what the hell was going on spoilers.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah I never really understood it either, I guess I would just say that he's under a spell or something like that? Stannis was never a very interesting character to me so I don't think I paid much attention to his parts.

In the book, it's made clear that Stannis is very disappointed with not having a son and that his daughter is autistic or whatever. So I guess Melisandre plays into that, not to mention his loneliness in general.

also, blood of my blood, that guy was in the first season a lot of the time, chatting with Jeor or w/e his name is
and he's dany's bodyguard or somethign?

He is the main Blood Rider (body guard) for Dany and is seen pretty much any time she is out in public (I think they were called blood riders for Dany as well as Drogo).

I dont remember the implied reference in that scene where he says "I shall not fail you" and she says "you never have" that they may be hooking up :shrug:

They just looked at each other too long IMO.

Spoiler

Spoiler

He is the main Blood Rider (body guard) for Dany and is seen pretty much any time she is out in public (I think they were called blood riders for Dany as well as Drogo).

I dont remember the implied reference in that scene where he says "I shall not fail you" and she says "you never have" that they may be hooking up :shrug:

They just looked at each other too long IMO.

I think it's just the show trying to create some romance in a desperate situation out there. Not in the book but whatever.

tumblr_m0p8v1zQid1qddgf0o1_500.gif

first 2 comments on jewtube:

If my calculations are correct, Tyrion slaps Joffrey 65 x per minute. So Joffrey was slapped 679.9 x in this video. And well earned too.

I've just seen this bit on the Blu-ray with audio commentary and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (who plays Jaime Lannister) said "Did you see that YouTube thing? Just ten minutes of this!" Also Mark Addy who plays Robert says "Favourite bit comin' up..."

:sunny:

so I'm watching/listening to the commentary of s1 ep 2 and all I have to say is that lena headey (cersei) has some sort of fucking mouth on her, jesus

swearing like a trooper

Back