Servers up! Then back down again...

I remember when I just to be upset and infuriated when I couldn't play with the servers being down so long. But this is a nice PR test for them, it's been quite a while since they've had problems this long. Previously they always gave us all 1 - 3 day credits, let's see if they do it again this time. I'm guessing not though, just the usual generic apology and continued gratitude for bearing with them as they fix the problem ASAP, etc.

people will be pissed, but after almost 4 years the chance of losing customers over a day of lost play time here and there is slim, not like back when the game launched and there were free credits given out left and right

people will be pissed, but after almost 4 years the chance of losing customers over a day of lost play time here and there is slim, not like back when the game launched and there were free credits given out left and right

Sadly you are probably very right. Blizzard has reached Microsoft status in the MMORPG market, going largely unchallenged and any competitors never coming close to the numbers they pull. The lack of competition may result in laziness now, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Back