Nublets Listen Up

Align, align, align.

What that means is warp in, and immediately start flying towards a "landmark" (or after you reach engagement distance, whatever the situation requires).

The idea is that if you need to warp off, it's a lot faster since you don't have to turn.

Ok, here's my 2 isk:
I started tackling a while ago, but I've been out of the PvP scene (actually, EvE entirely, for the most part) for a long time due to RL time restraints. So, as with everything, your mileage may vary.

The best noob tackler at the time was the Vigil (Minmatar). Sadly enough, fun in this ship is a major reason why I specialized in Minmatar.
Looking back, I can't remember why IRON always suggested noob tacklers in Vigils. Vigil is faster than Rifter once you skill up in Minmatar Frigate and Navigation skills (Navigation, Acceleration Control, etc.).

The Rifter has some good advantages, though. It has a higher scan resolution than Vigil, so it locks faster (more of an advantage if you're trying to pod someone). It has more shields/armor HP and a little lower signature radius, so it should last a little longer than Vigil.

Either Vigil or Rifter will make for a great tackler, you won't go wrong either way. Just make sure you keep your transversal velocity up on approach to your target and stay out of web range once you get there (used to be easier before nano-ships due to fewer webbers in use). If you're up against a turret BS (i.e. no missiles), you can turn off your MWD when you get there (or pulse it) to save cap. Once you learn to use the overview, make a "Drones" option so you can defend yourself a bit.

Pro Tip: If you want to be truly elite, go tackle in a Breacher. You'll be able to put your missile skills to good use (w/ explosives), and the enemy will be laughing so hard their modules will deactivate.

By all means, people that have been active in PvP, correct me on my errors. The only thing that is rock solid is the fact that the Breacher is awesome, end of story.

If you're in a rifter in a main gang, you're probably not going to get shot at first. You can afford to fit it with somewhat decent stuff. If you're scouting in a rifter, you're gonna die so you can fit shitty stuff. Fleeting scram is always a no brainer though because it gives you an extra 30 seconds of cap.

TACKLING LESSON TIME!!!!!

Now that you have your Rifter, it's time to make somebody have a bad day. The first thing to do is set your orbit range. To do that, click on a stargate in your overview and right click the orbit button. Set orbit range to 12000-14000 meters. This will keep you out of the 10km web range. Getting webbed is assured death in any frig. Speed is life.

After you warp in on somebody, you'll turn on your mwd, scram, and guns and start orbiting him. Never approach another ship. You will be to easy to hit. Always double click in space and go at him at an angle. Start to orbit him when you're close. If you're going fast enough, nothing can touch you. Keep orbiting until you run out of cap. If you run out of cap, warp off, let cap regen a bit, warp back in.

There a reason you're recommending orbiting over the keep distance command (I forget the exact name)?

Frigs are all about speed and keeping your transversal up. Orbiting means their guns can't follow you to shoot you as you zoom around them in a circle. Keep at distance means you sit there and not move until they move. This means you're just a sitting target to them and they easily pop you before you even know what's going on.

When you say for example Electronics II you mean Electronics level 2...right? sorry for being a noob..its been forever since i played pc games but i wanna get back into it.

When you say for example Electronics II you mean Electronics level 2...right? sorry for being a noob..its been forever since i played pc games but i wanna get back into it.

Yes, the same thing. Ingame it will show up as:

Electronics (1): Level 2

The "Level 2" is the 2/5 for the skill. The 1 in parentheses indicates the tier of the skill. For skills that are tier 2 they'll take twice as long to train as the tier 1 skills and so on.

if i made an amarr 3 days ago, had the ball rolling well but i died and lost my frig 4 (i think ) punisher and about 1million in armaments, should i start over?. basically im down to a civvy beam laser and a fucking mining gun and trying to run courier missions to make up my cash

it sounds like you had a plan for minmitar? do we have to be min to join the corp later? if not, i kinda like being amarr, but if that isn't an option i'll just reroll (sigh) and start over. unless someone gave me mad monies. i had 2k after buying my ship, couldnt insure it, died from warping into HELL, etc.

fuck. i really wanna roll with teedub later on, and understand it will take a later for me to get to that point, but i just need input to make better use of my 21 days.

btw someone pm me the irc channel?

always insure your shit, and stay out of low sec unless you're ready for it :p

when you're ingame jump in the Tribalwar channel, i'm sure someone can spot you a few mil to get the ball rolling again

i can't really speak to being amarr or whatever.. any race can learn any other race's ships though, just will take an extra day or so to get to minmatar frig 3. definitely not a requirement to get in the corp though

join the ingame channel 'tribalwar' and bug someone there until you get some money to get back on your feet, insure your shit, get those skills to fit pvp modules (mwd and warp disruptors), and you'll be good to go to try your luck in 0.0 :]

i don't think we run an irc channel anymore. we have this subforum, an alliance forum, and general discussion to smack each other in

like i said, i had 2,000 isk when i finished everything up, then had a dicey run in. i couldnt afford the insurance after i bought the ship :/ i rolled the dice and lost

my ingame is eggoz, i'll prob talk to you goobers later :p

omg thx

right now im flying aroudn in my rookie ship trying to get shit for cheap and find courier missions, thx natmav :]

i'll get it back to you as soon as i get back to running encounter missions :p

I just downloaded the trial last night and this tool is really helpful. I'm still confused as shit a lot of time, unfortunately.

Back