Barry Cuda > i've become a drone whore
AngryCanuk > lol
AngryCanuk > I found that a moros with 5 heavy drones
Barry Cuda > all i ever fly is my curse
AngryCanuk > could outdamage a thanatos with 9 fighters
AngryCanuk > without the guns
AngryCanuk > just the drones
AngryCanuk > its awsome
I volunteer to test this theory on AC. I'll even only use 8 fighters.
Hell, I'll even use the Caldari fighters.

One-for-one, with max skills T2 heavy drones outdamage fighters. So the Moros at level 5 with its drone bonus should have no problem outdamaging a carrier.

I believe the max dps a carrier can have is 1500.
Now you add in the 250% max damage increase on the moros, hell yeah thats kick ass.
And so much cheaper too. 1/20th the cost i would say for fighter versus t2 drones.

One-for-one, with max skills T2 heavy drones outdamage fighters. So the Moros at level 5 with its drone bonus should have no problem outdamaging a carrier.

No shit, so what's the advangtage of the thantos over the moros? Nimbler?

The cost of a thantos and the cost of a moros is different. Also the skill for Dread is a little more intensive with a month on siege.
Also it costs more then the carrier skills.
Anyways a carrier by any use is support, even if frontline.
You safe them up, repair people that come to you and assign fighters. Like a gimped mothership.

I believe the max dps a carrier can have is 1500.
Now you add in the 250% max damage increase on the moros, hell yeah thats kick ass.
And so much cheaper too. 1/20th the cost i would say for fighter versus t2 drones.
Your math is a bit off. 1500 dps is the cap for a fighter(100dps per, 15 fighters), but for the Moros you're only dealing with 5 Ogre II's that we'll guestimate do around 120dps before the Dread bonus. That's 600dps base, 2100dps at Dread level 5. It's not a massive difference, but it makes the Moros a very big threat for sub-capital ships.

Of course the bigger problem is that if we put 15 Ogre II's on a carrier, we'd get 1800dps, for a cost of about 1/30th that of a rack of fighters.

No shit, so what's the advangtage of the thantos over the moros? Nimbler?
The Thanatos is cheaper, the fighters can be assigned, fighters can warp, the carrier can do other things besides shoot people, etc. There are reasons to use a carrier, but their damage is still gimped after the HP boost.

Last edited:
Yeah the DPS is nice with drones.
Oh yeah its a dread. I wonder what its total DPS amount is when you add in blasters and rails on it?
I know it outdamages my Phoenix just with its guns, and that can do over 4k DPS. So the total is going to be in excess of 6k DPS.

Man, I really dont want to train for caps, but carriers have always appealed to me. Fuck.

FFS how the hell do you kill a Vagabond solo in a Raven with bane torpedoes. The only explanation I have is that the Vagabond was afk or lagged out while inside a bubble.

Edit : looking around some more, it's clear the Goonswarm killboard might not be the ideal place for finding examples of high quality combat.

THIS is how you kill a Vagabond. *grin*
or more practically, in a Megathron

Anyone have a link to the video where E-R killed that vaga with a gang of haulers?

Back