Am I the only one not excited about this stuff? It just seems like a way to make the game harder to run, and make things slower for the players to get done.

Last I read, they would only use the avatars for added gameplay, and would not lose the current interface if people choose to keep doing their business without stepping out of the ship, so things wouldn't slow down if you didn't want them to. This from the magazine.

Gotta hand it to em, at least this gives me something else to do when i'm running mission after mission after mission and get bored of it. And I would absolutely love to be able to get some finer detail and real scale of the ships I'm flying.

Here's hoping we can watch other people's ships arrive and undock without them just blinking out of existence. Could very well turn into an experience similar to Freespace.

Station Jita IV-4 Caldari Navy Logistics Support
Black Nova Corp HQ Office

SirMolle: OMGHi2U Seleene!
SirMolle: Buttsecks?
Seleene: Enough with the roleplaying crap
Seleene: I'm really a dude
SirMolle: OMGHi2U!

I'd be great if they added, say, card games like poker and you could play with other pilots betting ships and what not. Hell, even being able to kill another pilot outside of the ship would be amazing, although it might make more sense to duel them where you and the pilot get sent off to a completely isolated area from which you cannot warp away until one is dead oh yes.

what ever happened to the flying-in-planetary-atmosphere stuff they demo'd at last years fan fest? I'd like to see that incorporated in to game play more then this avatar bullshit. it seemed like there was a lot that could have been done with that.

jesus, can they just fix and enhance what they have, if I wanna play fucking a fps or feel up my favorite vent buddy, Ill do it somewhere else.

what ever happened to the flying-in-planetary-atmosphere stuff they demo'd at last years fan fest? I'd like to see that incorporated in to game play more then this avatar bullshit. it seemed like there was a lot that could have been done with that.

It's something they're still going to do but with all the other work going on they pushed it to the back burner. They apologized for it I believe saying they didn't want to show something off then have to pull it back but there were reasons for it that I honestly don't remember at this point. Maybe they're waiting on this for the new graphics engine so they can do it right instead of half assing it. :shrug:

Yeah. Since I saw the MC flush on the side of that Ragnarok during the CCP get together I would really like to see something like that in place.

There isnt that many issues. I have CTD once since i started playing.
The only ISSUES you are refering to are the ones that happen in the most extreme possible circumstances.
i want them to fix drones tho goddamnit

Back