Here's a Joe Biden thread to offset the Palin threads! by scotsman - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Here's a Joe Biden thread to offset the Palin threads!
Page 2 of 4
Thread Tools
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
21 - 10-15-2008, 19:17
Reply With Quote
I watched some pbs show last night on both candidates and how they got where they are now.

the part about mccain was talking about how in the late 90's/2000's he wanted to move to become the front runner/heir apparent to the throne for the republican party. He started changing some of his stances to align himself more with bush and the conservatives, so that he'd be viewed as the logical choice for his replacement eventually. From what I was seeing on this show it seemed to me like he was doing a lot of things just so he'd get to the front of the line to be president.

so a guy who'll change his principles to be elected seems like a guy who will just do what it takes to get power.

if he really cared out these maverick issues, he wouldn't have budged on them. which would have been more noble in the end, but it wouldn't have gotten him anywhere closer to being president.

so he's just doing what he can to get as much power as he can. is he just playing the game to win, rather than to really make a difference? I don't know, but thats the vibe i get (i could definitely be wrong, but thats how i feel). why would i want to elect someone like that?


there are a whole list of issues on the other side for obama as well. thats why i've ultimately come to the conclusion that neither of these candidates are any good and now I'm wondering if i should vote at all, because it doesn't really matter in the long run anyway (my vote that is) - and by not voting, atleast I could sleep at night knowing that none of the ensuing madness would be my fault.
 
Bibble is offline
 
Last edited by Bibble; 10-15-2008 at 19:19..
Sponsored Links
telos
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 10-15-2008, 19:17
Reply With Quote
wasn't there something about Iraq kicking us out by new years?
 
telos is offline
 
Project2501
VeteranX
Old
23 - 10-15-2008, 19:19
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
I watched some pbs show last night on both candidates and how they got where they are now.

the part about mccain was talking about how in the late 90's/2000's he wanted to move to become the front runner/heir apparent to the throne for the republican party. He started changing some of his stances to align himself more with bush and the conservatives, so that he'd be viewed as the logical choice for his replacement eventually. From what I was seeing on this show it seemed to me like he was doing a lot of things just so he'd get to the front of the line to be president.

so a guy who'll change his principles to be elected seems like a guy who will just do what it takes to get power.

if he really cared out these maverick issues, he wouldn't have budged on them. which would have been more noble in the end, but it wouldn't have gotten him anywhere closer to being president.

so he's just doing what he can to get as much power as he can. why would i want to elect someone like that.
This pretty much describes every republican, ever.
 
Project2501 is offline
 
[PoE]Anthem
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 10-15-2008, 19:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
[...]Now then, where the **** are they gonna get the money for all that?

[...]

5) [...] he said "Read my lips: we will end this war.[...]"
Hate to point out the obvious, but won't the U.S. save like a billion dollars per second or something, by not pissing it away in Iraq? That'd be a start.
 
[PoE]Anthem is offline
 
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
25 - 10-15-2008, 19:26
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Cat View Post
for fun let's say that obama IS muslim..... so what? are we really THAT intolerant that we can't even imagine a non-christian president? are we that backward and ignorant that we believe all muslims are like minded in their hatred for america?

its like that stupid ass lady at the mccain rally who said she was worried about obama because he's an 'arab'.... she and people like her need to be shot. it can't be good for humanity to have those genes in the pool.

in fact. mccain standing up to his supporters and basically giving them a good 'stfu' won him a lot of points in my book.

not enough to vote for him, though.
 
Bibble is offline
 
Last edited by Bibble; 10-15-2008 at 19:29..
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
26 - 10-15-2008, 19:27
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project2501 View Post
This pretty much describes every republican, ever.
yeah. I wish we could have a vote on whether or not to continue having a two party system.

that'd be something I would get off my ass and campaign for.
 
Bibble is offline
 
ScooBySnaCk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 10-15-2008, 19:29
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
yeah. I wish we could have a vote on whether or not to continue having a two party system.

that'd be something I would get off my ass and campaign for.
what..socialist and more socialist?
 
ScooBySnaCk is online now
 
Project2501
VeteranX
Old
28 - 10-15-2008, 19:29
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
for fun let's say that obama IS muslim..... so what? are we really THAT intolerant that we can't even imagine a non-christian president? are we that backward and ignorant that we believe all muslims are like minded in their hatred for america?

its like that stupid ass lady at the mccain rally who said she was worried about obama because he's an 'arab'.... she and people like her need to be shot. it can't be good for humanity to have those genes in the pool.
At first (long time ago) I was avidly against Obama simply because he was black, and I hate blacks. However, after reading about him, listening to him talk and reading his book I think he'd be the ideal president simply because he would be an ICON for all blacks to stop acting like ******s and grow up to become usefull beings of our society. End story.
 
Project2501 is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
29 - 10-15-2008, 19:30
Reply With Quote
OMG JOE BIDEN SAYS HE'S GOING TO LOWER MY TAXES

WHAT AN *******
 
TseTse is offline
 
ScooBySnaCk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
30 - 10-15-2008, 19:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project2501 View Post
At first (long time ago) I was avidly against Obama simply because he was black, and I hate blacks. However, after reading about him, listening to him talk and reading his book I think he'd be the ideal president simply because he would be an ICON for all blacks to stop acting like ******s and grow up to become usefull beings of our society. End story.
great reason
 
ScooBySnaCk is online now
 
JJPHATX
VeteranX
Old
31 - 10-15-2008, 19:31
Reply With Quote
[QUOTE=Project2501;1382310 2]At first (long time ago) I was avidly against Obama simply because he was black, and I hate blacks. However, after reading about him, listening to him talk and reading his book I think he'd be the ideal president simply because he would be an ICON for all blacks to stop acting like ******s and grow up to become usefull beings of our society. End story.[/QUOTE]

I'm black and .
 
JJPHATX is offline
 
Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 10-15-2008, 19:31
Reply With Quote
i like mccain

well the old maccain but whatever


however a vote for mccain is a vote for palin


and seriously...
 
Falhawk is offline
 
HomeSlice
VeteranX
Old
33 - 10-15-2008, 19:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project2501 View Post
At first (long time ago) I was avidly against Obama simply because he was black, and I hate blacks. However, after reading about him, listening to him talk and reading his book I think he'd be the ideal president simply because he would be an ICON for all blacks to stop acting like ******s and grow up to become usefull beings of our society. End story.
I can tell you that won't work because we've long had upstanding, intelligent and model white men in the presidential office and look how you turned out.
 
HomeSlice is offline
 
Fancy Cat
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
34 - 10-15-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
 
Fancy Cat is offline
 
Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 10-15-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
wasn't there something about Iraq kicking us out by new years?
UN Mandate expires 12/31/08.
 
Stilgar is offline
 
Project2501
VeteranX
Old
36 - 10-15-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSlice View Post
I can tell you that won't work because we've long had upstanding, intelligent and model white men in the presidential office and look how you turned out.
 
Project2501 is offline
 
Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 10-15-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
yeah. I wish we could have a vote on whether or not to continue having a two party system.

that'd be something I would get off my ass and campaign for.
it'll never happen (and never has happened in the history of the US).

There are always two main parties. They've changed over the years but there are only two parties at a time. They just steal the popular ideas from the up and coming parties and take their followers.
 
Falhawk is offline
 
Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 10-15-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
"i'm going to lower taxes on people who don't pay dick in taxes"
 
Phantred is offline
 
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
39 - 10-15-2008, 19:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
what..socialist and more socialist?
no. i want for people, anyone, to be able to run for president and not have to have millions and millions of dollars. I don't want it to be about how much money you have, but what you have to say.

I don't want it to be like the california elections where anyone and everyone where running for governor, but having to essentially choose between a douche and a **** sandwich is getting old.

I don't want candidates that have to say they're for this or agaisnt that simply because of the party that backs them... i want to be able to choose a candidate that is EXACTLY what i'm looking for, rather than having to settle for the lesser of two evils.

I want candidates to run for who THEY are, not what their party stands for. at least I think it'd help cut through a lot of bull****.
 
Bibble is offline
 
Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 10-15-2008, 19:33
Reply With Quote
fancy cat I refuse to put you into the "obama is a terrorist" category
 
Falhawk is offline
 
Page 2 of 4
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Here's a Joe Biden thread to offset the Palin threads!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crying republicans , liberals = emotional , more liberal propaganda , racist hicks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19.