My not so small review of SWTOR as a Operative / Juggernaut

That's ridiculous. Coming out of stealth, within the first 1.5 seconds, I can do around 7k damage. In another 1.5, I can put out about 10.5k on a clothie. This assumes everything crits of course. However against heavy/medium armor, if I crit, I am down to lke 6k. Are your moves considered physical damage?

What's your rotation?

3 Shadow strikes in a row. I know, riveting rotation. But it can hit upwards of 3500 damage on a clothie. Again, not sure how much better it will be at 50.

Yeah I do the same thing, but toss in a stun as well and then breach my shadow spec. I have hit a couple 3k hits but mostly 2-2.5k per hit. I imagine I will get stronger as I level though which is prolly the gap between our damage.

It would be nice to not play against 50s though; fought a few guys with 15k-17k hp (compared to my 12k)

Your boost is determined by your raw stats. In other words, if you're in green gear, you'd be a green level 40 player. The better your items, the better the damage you do. Someone has already mentioned spending commendations on mods fro planet to planet.

I kill 50s all the time 1 on 1. Most people are terrible, just have a lot of time to get there fast.

Your boost is determined by your raw stats. In other words, if you're in green gear, you'd be a green level 40 player. The better your items, the better the damage you do. Someone has already mentioned spending commendations on mods fro planet to planet.

I kill 50s all the time 1 on 1. Most people are terrible, just have a lot of time to get there fast.

I'm slowly oranging out my char and grabbing the occasional cheap purp just so I can finally augment something. I didn't know it just mirror'd and boosted though, that's huge for my planning (especially since the AH is so damn cheap). All of my mods are ahead of the Planets I'm on thus far simply from leveling Artifice so much so I spend most commendations building up my lizard guy's gear.

I have no problem killing general 50s (most of them do suck), but if he's stacked or decent, the HP disparity is enough to make it not happen (I get like 11.5k hp boosted versus his 14-15k). Plus like I mentioned I burst out at like 10k best-case and then I'm OOF and getting gang-banged.

Most of my kills are defensive though. I don't look for 1v1s, I think our class is better suited quickly finishing 2-3 guys at 50% health in order to even out the playing field.

I'll be stoked when I'm 50 and have all of my skills and talents up though; can't wait for that.

That's ridiculous. Coming out of stealth, within the first 1.5 seconds, I can do around 7k damage. In another 1.5, I can put out about 10.5k on a clothie. This assumes everything crits of course. However against heavy/medium armor, if I crit, I am down to lke 6k. Are your moves considered physical damage?
I think it's kinetic I'll have to check...

Touche. Get on the bandwagon Joe. Also, roll on my server, so faggot Keith will feel compelled to stay here instead of that shit guild he joined.

For those that are complaining about sentinels...My sentinel simply blows ass to play. The problem isn't rage. Specing it properly gives me almost full rage on a charge + the ability that gives 6 focus.

The problem with the class is that EVERY SINGLE REAL ABILITY is on a cooldown.

There is nothing I fucking hate more in PvP than trying to stay on a guy while staring at my cooldown bars. It's not even fun. I don't even see the animations or what else is going on around me.

Edit: That's why I'm playing my Shadow Consular. Also, blackout makes you have longer high energy regen. Specing into getting Shadow Respite when stealthed gives you a ton of energy. So for basically 12 seconds, I have a full bar, which is plenty time to do some serious damage. Can't say how it'll play at 50 though, only 32 atm.

So I'm not the only one annoyed by staring at cd's; hopefully there will be some mod's for the gui I'd like to have to cleaner interface with cd counters.
Hopefully they do that and not allow access to threat / damage meters, I'd hate to see who classes ostracized from groups because they do 1.7 percent less damage.

It also amazes me that with mmos being roughly 15 years old, the dev's do not have test environments where they can simulate balance issues via fight simulations. Put a class in the best gear, enter the optimal openers and the opponents defensive moves and counters, and see what comes out after 100 simulations; seems like that would be the best way to balance the game.

The other thing about Ops doing well in pvp is it has to position itself in the back, so how many people are getting destroyed because they are not turning quickly enough?

Touche. Get on the bandwagon Joe. Also, roll on my server, so faggot Keith will feel compelled to stay here instead of that shit guild he joined.

I purchased the game (on sunday) and have 2 chars in the 20s. I didnt roll on that server because of all the wait times. If its not as bad as people say i will roll with you guys. just dont want to be in a queue for 40 minutes or so.

Got my Sith Madness Sorc into the 20's now. I dig it so far, excellent group CC and damage abilities. No issues soloing Heroic 2+ missions. I could probably solo Heroic 4's if I could CC 2 elite mobs instead of just one, but it would take so long I doubt it's worth it.

Would love a dual spec option for healing but I don't feel like taking forever to solo quest for the hour it takes to do a flashpoint every once in a while but I'll probably respec if I ever make it to 50. Also why do Sith heal in the same traditional manner as the Republic? What a complete lack of creativity on the designers part. It makes little sense from a narrative standpoint. Sith heals should be some sort of health leech from enemy targets.

Got my Sith Madness Sorc into the 20's now. I dig it so far, excellent group CC and damage abilities. No issues soloing Heroic 2+ missions. I could probably solo Heroic 4's if I could CC 2 elite mobs instead of just one, but it would take so long I doubt it's worth it.

Would love a dual spec option for healing but I don't feel like taking forever to solo quest for the hour it takes to do a flashpoint every once in a while but I'll probably respec if I ever make it to 50. Also why do Sith heal in the same traditional manner as the Republic? What a complete lack of creativity on the designers part. It makes little sense from a narrative standpoint. Sith heals should be some sort of health leech from enemy targets.

The Sorc seems like a fun class to play, which is probably why its incredibly popular.

They probably mirrored everything for balancing.

My Op was really strong up to about 25 then it just got weak from a soloing perspective. There were a few quests where I couldn't use my companion and a same level elite was about a 50/50 chance. In PVP I go down fast and do pretty well 1 on 1 but the problem is you can't constantly damage people like ranged or a tank because you are done if not meticulous about target selection. I'm not crying because I don't think a level sub 40 level should go in and dominate vs 50's (apparently I'm in the minority after seeing all the crying on the swtor forums).

At this point, I don't think the Op is overpowered. Hopefully if it does get the nerf bat it doesn't get gutted. My next level (36) I'll get my opener (Hidden Strike) and at 40 my top tier talent (Acid Blade). That changes everything. Then the Rape Train commences!

I'm glad that there aren't more Snipers/Gunslingers, actually. They absolutely rape when played well. As you level you get a number of talents that significantly reduce your "cast time" or actually make your attacks instant, so popping in and out of cover isn't really an issue. On top of that, you can automatically gain 3 charges of damage absorb every time you gain cover, and then another 2 charges when you leave cover.

If I'm fighting a melee, I can jump in and out of cover on corners, especially on Huttball with all the ramps. You have a free Blink basically, whenever you want, as long as you're not retarded and put yourself in good positions, which is hard not to do with 35 yds of range on your attacks.

If I'm fighting a ranged, I have an instant 35 yd range 4 second lockout on short CD, melee stun, ranged stun, ranged knockback, and melee range knockback. I can drop into cover, dump an uninterruptible 5-10k in ~2 seconds, and jump in and out of cover as I need more defensive charges. I essentially have that Sorc bubble on demand. All the time.

I'm good with the cover mechanic. It IS buggy, but it's buggy in my favor. And because there are so few people playing my class, much less GOOD people playing my class, I don't see it being changed.

If you don't want to use the cover mechanic, the Dirty Fighting/Whatever the Imperial equivalent is, relies on cover absolutely 0% of the time. It has ranged slows on short CD's and can actually do a fuckton of damage.

Either way, class is boss. I love it.

Operatives/Scoundrels are also really, really good at 50. If they get an opener on you, and you don't have your "trinket" up, you're dead.

The jugg is a pain in the ass to level. Might as well level as a tank and use a dps comp, since dmg output with the dps tree is minimal until 50.

Back