god damn submariners

thought it was universal...

officers (maybe just in the air force) refer to orders that are for command positions (squadron level or higher) are considered g series. we have "flight" commanders, flights are subdivisions of squadrons, but a squadron commander is the lowest level commander with financial and legal authority (ucmj, etc).

however, i agree with you a lot, especially in regards to enlisted force structure within the air force, that we baby our folks.

we make them follow instructions to the letter, and send them to a 6 week course and they come out the other side "leaders", it's horseshit, and frankly most NCOs in the air force (in my career field) are technically incompetent and don't know how to lead or command respect from their subordinates.

i'm speaking based on my knowledge of air force AWACS guys that were stationed at Tinker when I was there.

In the navy you can be an aircraft commander/mission commander as an 0-2, but the guys in the air force told me you couldn't be an aircraft commander till you were an 0-5. They seriously had to have at least an 0-5 go on deployment with them.

when i was a mission commander as a brand new 0-3, i was the senior ranking guy on the crew of 16-21 for the deployment.

makes sense, i could see somthing like a big ship commander being a o5 minimum that seems right (and stupid)

my favorite is when some CO lets a maintenance master chief run his/her command into the ground by letting them do whatever they want and then they wonder why the fuck they got a terrible command climate survey result.

I watched it happen up close after the mc found out his wife was sleeping with everyone in town.

Back