"snap to grid"

Devo_N

Veteran X
I have an object, a large multi-brush tower, that is perfectly aligned to the grid.

But when I try to duplicate it in any way - copy/paste, ctrl-w (duplicate), whatever, - it snaps just slightly off the grid, and I cannot make it line back up.

I've tried importing it into new maps. I've tried pasting it into new maps. I've tried doing all this while I played Barry White to it. it WILL NOT snap to the *&%^*!!! grid. I've tried changing the grid sizes. No love.

This is a major object and I NEED to duplicate it. What's going on? anyone?

HEY, face it tved blows(sorry but my map just crashed multiple times for no reason ) as for ur problem does the base stay intact and its just not lineing up on the grid if so try lowering ur grid to around 8 and lineing it up urself

No, I've lowered the grid to 1, that's ONE stinking unit and it doesn't even snap to that.

To make matters worse, half the time the brush just decides to spontaneously shift half its vertices .5 units to one side (off the grid, of course) and it WILL NOT reset. Theres a space of like 8 units that it just refuses to even come close to. I can usually just delete the brush and start over in that case, but . . . this is a huge object composed f maybe 70 brushes.

I didnt have this problem on UnrealEd. . .

Ive Encounterd this 1000000000000 times while Remaking Scarabrae. It is an Extreamly Detailed base, with over 200 Brushes. With Corridores, Pillers, Rooms, Ramps, Crawl-Spaces. And to avoid a Huge headache I just Copy - Paste the Base for the other side and make visual changes. Doing this Confuses the editor, and thinks it needs to snap to the same grid the Original Brushes are on. (I think)

I fixed this by selecting all the Brushes (of the new base) Then while they are highlighted Select the Grid I want several times, then De-select grid snapping, and Vertex snapping, then Re-Click them to try and "Reset" them. It worked for me and you may want to try this.

Hope it helps.

Theres a simpler way;

- Select the brushes that are off the grid.
- Select Vertex Editing.
- Right click on one of the vertexes. That vertex should snap to the nearest grid point and align everything else with it.

Back