Terrain Ratio?

SmOkkin' Joe

Veteran X
Does anyone know if there is a terrain ration between XYZ that the editor prefers, I've been having some crashes on stretched terrain that is X:200 Y:150 Z:300 , its hand sculpted, but the error message refers to the terrain. Ideas on what sizes the TVed prefers?

here's the error message btw: TV Build Number: 63446

Assertion failed: Mathematics::Float::equal(terrain->TerrainScale.X, terrain->TerrainScale.Y) [File:.\MovementTerrain.cpp] [Line: 97]

History: MovementTerrain.createHeightfield <- ConcreteMovement.initializeTerrains <- ConcreteMovement.update <- ULevel::Tick [(NetMode=2)] <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Just hazarding a guess, but from the assertion message it looks like your X and Y scale should be the same. Have you had any success with any unequal ratios?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that UnrealED doesn't like unequal ratios when working with terrain. You might want to try making them the same and then just use the OB gird to make the size of your map.

Through I could be wrong, but it has crashed on me (T:VED and UnrealED) when ever they were uneven.

Just FYI, all the maps in-game use X=208 (or a multiple thereof), Y=208 (or a multiple thereof) and Z=between about 48 and 96.

Open up some of the maps and have a look at the Terrain details.

yea, i think what u have to do is make the map terrain with equal x and y dimensions, but you can always edit the OOB grid space to your heart's content dude.

SmOkkin' Joe said:
ok I got it fixed, 200 , 200, 300

300 for the Z scale is absolutely huge, dude. That means the terrain will be one and a half times as tall as it is wide. Sure that's what you're after?

Even MP-Highlands only has a Z-scale of 70.

IrritAnt said:
300 for the Z scale is absolutely huge, dude. That means the terrain will be one and a half times as tall as it is wide. Sure that's what you're after?

Even MP-Highlands only has a Z-scale of 70.
Yep that is what I needed, and the map is working fine now. The environement is to have the map on a giant slope, somewhat to get me hyped for skiing this winter, but its a very big slope and only a slope, with some neat features, but the Z scale was definately what I needed, it'll be out soon too after this reveision fo the Gap

Back