How I lost 16 lbs of stubborn fat by Giz - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How I lost 16 lbs of stubborn fat
Page 5 of 6
Thread Tools
Giz
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 11-06-2008, 17:19
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoe View Post
fresh tomatoes and peppers
Right. Go with seasonings. I didn't include this little detail, but if you like spicy foods, then go with some Cayen pepper and spice the dish up. Eating spicy foods actually has a proven benefit to fat burning.

Regardless, Yeah i agree with mjoe, add in veggies. Also, as I noted, saute with Olive oil. Hamburger is ok, maybe 1x per week, but you should be going for leaner sources of protein --- chicken, fish, pork chops, turkey. These you can marinate in a variety of different ways -- then you just cook em.
 
Giz is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Giz
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 11-06-2008, 17:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
higher metabolism = shorter life span.

and more meals per day being better is a myth.
Yes, higher metabolism + higher body temp. So what? THere are people who lived to be 100 back in the days when there was none of the modern medicines that help extend life. I'm not one of those people who is going to try and reduce my caloric intake to the point that I waste away down to 135 pounds. *Maybe* that would extend my life, but at what cost?

As regards to eating 4-5 meals, not in my experience, but believe what you want. It's made a difference for me, even if that *meal* could be considered a healthy snack by many.
 
Giz is offline
 
VonTed
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 11-06-2008, 17:51
Reply With Quote
Gawd I hate this organic kick.......
 
VonTed is offline
 
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
84 - 11-06-2008, 17:53
Reply With Quote
i read a thing once where a guy wanted to keep from being hungry all the time.

it was something like where he studied ancient humans and came up with a theory that when there's a lot of food readily available you would become more hungry. His theory was that cavemen often went for a long time without a lot of food, so whenever they did get a big kill and had plenty food their bodies would crave as much as possible in order to store up energy for the times when food was scarce.

So this dude figured that this trait was passed down as we evolved, but nowadays, since food is so readily available all the time that our bodies are always trying to stock up on calories and such.

I forget what exactly he ended up doing, but iirc whenever he got hungry he'd swallow a table spoon of some sort of oil, like olive oil, or fish oil, or something in order to trick his body into thinking it was a time of scarce food. He eventually trained his body to not be hungry anymore.

but yeah, i don't recall all the exact details, but i thought it was an interesting approach to combating the constant hunger that usually accompanies any sort of diet.
 
Bibble is offline
 
Paladin-5
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
85 - 11-06-2008, 18:22
Reply With Quote
How much do you spend on groceries?
I love going the whole foods route but I walk with a tiny bag of groceries that cost seventy bucks
 
Paladin-5 is offline
 
mangaboy
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 11-06-2008, 19:03
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz
2. I also go for all natural dairy -- butter etc. NO MARGARINE.
Curious, why no margarine?
 
mangaboy is offline
 
Lamb
VeteranX
Old
87 - 11-06-2008, 19:10
Reply With Quote
we've consumed butter for several thousand years

we've consumed margarine for less than 100
 
Lamb is offline
 
henry
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 11-06-2008, 19:22
Reply With Quote
Good for you man. Its good to see people actually putting in an effort to change something they don't like about themselves.
 
henry is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 11-06-2008, 19:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz View Post
5. Eat dinner 3-4 hours before you go to bed.
myth

you sure bought into a lot of bull****
 
hyung is offline
 
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 11-06-2008, 19:31
Reply With Quote
Just cook your food yourself. Also just eat more often and eat less (i.e. less total, not the same amount spread out over the day). And just get yourself exercising a few times a week for like half an hour.

Anybody can lose weight, it's just will power and discipline. I've been busy the last couple weeks and have gotten a little lazy, but I'm about to head to the gym and sit on the exercise bike and read. It really doesn't take very much to stay healthy.
 
fartiusstinkius is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 11-06-2008, 19:32
Reply With Quote
the main reason people have a hard time losing weight is because of threads like this

they make it seem like you have to change the world to lose weight when you just have to:
stop drinking soda
stop eating fast food
exercise

voila!
 
hyung is offline
 
Glare
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
92 - 11-06-2008, 19:36
Reply With Quote
you can consume your daily calories at any time you'd like

as long as you dont exceed your needs you wont gain weight, regardless of what time you consume them
 
Glare is offline
 
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 11-06-2008, 19:37
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
the main reason people have a hard time losing weight is because of threads like this

they make it seem like you have to change the world to lose weight when you just have to:
stop drinking soda
stop eating fast food
exercise

voila!
You don't even have to do that really. You can lose weight if you consume less than your body uses. You will have to burn your fat (unless your body is a magical energy factory). So you could drink soda and eat fast food and not exercise as long as you don't consume all that much. But you should drop those things and eat healthy and exercise just because you have one body and one life and it's a good idea to keep your gears well-oiled.
 
fartiusstinkius is offline
 
max
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 11-06-2008, 19:38
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
i read a thing once where a guy wanted to keep from being hungry all the time.

it was something like where he studied ancient humans and came up with a theory that when there's a lot of food readily available you would become more hungry. His theory was that cavemen often went for a long time without a lot of food, so whenever they did get a big kill and had plenty food their bodies would crave as much as possible in order to store up energy for the times when food was scarce.

So this dude figured that this trait was passed down as we evolved, but nowadays, since food is so readily available all the time that our bodies are always trying to stock up on calories and such.

I forget what exactly he ended up doing, but iirc whenever he got hungry he'd swallow a table spoon of some sort of oil, like olive oil, or fish oil, or something in order to trick his body into thinking it was a time of scarce food. He eventually trained his body to not be hungry anymore.

but yeah, i don't recall all the exact details, but i thought it was an interesting approach to combating the constant hunger that usually accompanies any sort of diet.
Sounds like the Shangri La diet. I've been trying it out. Tbs of extra light olive oil, some organ, water in a cup, down it at breakfast. Seems to be curbing my appetite a fair amount.
 
max is offline
 
Glare
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
95 - 11-06-2008, 19:41
Reply With Quote
trashing your metabolism just to cut a few pounds is an awful idea
 
Glare is offline
 
sarro
VeteranX
Old
96 - 11-06-2008, 19:54
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
How much do you spend on groceries?
I love going the whole foods route but I walk with a tiny bag of groceries that cost seventy bucks
Try Trader Joe's and you can get 4+ bags worth.
 
sarro is offline
 
Giz
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 11-07-2008, 08:12
Reply With Quote
Ok, thanks to the typical numbnuts and naysayers who of course never provide any information to rebutt, I'll go ahead and break down the basics about why this works. Also -- no it's not hard or a lot of effort. Yes it is more effort than let's say, um grabbing a donut at 10:30, eating a cheesteak and fries for lunch, washing it down with 5 sodas and then running throught the drive-through at 7:30 on the way home.

When you eat carbs, they are broken down and end raising your blood sugar level. To counteract this, the pancreas secretes Insulin which will then cause this to go to one of 3 places: muscle glycogen, liver glycogen or Fat. One of the factors involved is how high of a Blood sugar spike you get, and one of the basic factors in this is how fast the Carb is broken down and become blood sugar. While not the be all and end all, the Glycemic Index (GI) of foods gives a good starting point, in helping to show why foods that have a good deal of natural fiber take longer to break down, which in turn provides a slow steady amount of blood sugar, thus not causing huge swings of your Insulin levels. If your blood constantly has a high Insulin level, this will cause you to store fat, and of course overtime if this becomes Chronic --- well the name for the condiition is Diabetes. Something you don't want to develope.

Hmm... ok, so when you have huge spikes in your blood sugar, that is bad --- hmmm, well maybe then a habit like, let's saying eating 2 huge meals a day, might not be the most healthy way to gain the nutrients you need? Perhaps the huge swings in blood sugar and insulin levels might explain why, despite exercising, one finds themselves with a spare tire they can't lose? And also perhaps explain why they're not feeling very good through the day, and experiencing low energy, and cravings and hunger pangs?
 
Giz is offline
 
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 11-07-2008, 08:17
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz View Post
Ok, thanks to the typical numbnuts and naysayers who of course never provide any information to rebutt, I'll go ahead and break down the basics about why this works. Also -- no it's not hard or a lot of effort. Yes it is more effort than let's say, um grabbing a donut at 10:30, eating a cheesteak and fries for lunch, washing it down with 5 sodas and then running throught the drive-through at 7:30 on the way home.

When you eat carbs, they are broken down and end raising your blood sugar level. To counteract this, the pancreas secretes Insulin which will then cause this to go to one of 3 places: muscle glycogen, liver glycogen or Fat. One of the factors involved is how high of a Blood sugar spike you get, and one of the basic factors in this is how fast the Carb is broken down and become blood sugar. While not the be all and end all, the Glycemic Index (GI) of foods gives a good starting point, in helping to show why foods that have a good deal of natural fiber take longer to break down, which in turn provides a slow steady amount of blood sugar, thus not causing huge swings of your Insulin levels. If your blood constantly has a high Insulin level, this will cause you to store fat, and of course overtime if this becomes Chronic --- well the name for the condiition is Diabetes. Something you don't want to develope.

Hmm... ok, so when you have huge spikes in your blood sugar, that is bad --- hmmm, well maybe then a habit like, let's saying eating 2 huge meals a day, might not be the most healthy way to gain the nutrients you need? Perhaps the huge swings in blood sugar and insulin levels might explain why, despite exercising, one finds themselves with a spare tire they can't lose? And also perhaps explain why they're not feeling very good through the day, and experiencing low energy, and cravings and hunger pangs?
Yes, arguably doing those things are good for your health, but I think most people were just pointing out that that is pretty much unrelated to weightloss where the most (and basically only) important factor is really how much you eat compared to how active you are.

But I think eating healthy is really important so kudos for that.
 
fartiusstinkius is offline
 
Giz
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 11-07-2008, 08:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaboy View Post
Curious, why no margarine?
In short, this is processed food, and the basic idea is that processed foods of all types are bad for you and should be avoided.

Look at what Margarine is and how it is made. Margarine is made from Vegetable oils. Chemists figured out that you could turn these oils into a solid. How? Via Hydrogenation. Look into the process of Hydrogenation and ask yourself if you really are excited about the idea of taking the end product of an industrial grade chemical process and using that in your food.

Worse yet, the end result is that Margarine becomes a Trans fat, that studies have clearly shown will raise the bad LDL Cholesterol levels that clogs the arteries and becomes plaque, leading to heart disease and strokes.
 
Giz is offline
 
Glare
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
100 - 11-07-2008, 08:42
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz View Post
Ok, thanks to the typical numbnuts and naysayers who of course never provide any information to rebutt, I'll go ahead and break down the basics about why this works. Also -- no it's not hard or a lot of effort. Yes it is more effort than let's say, um grabbing a donut at 10:30, eating a cheesteak and fries for lunch, washing it down with 5 sodas and then running throught the drive-through at 7:30 on the way home.

When you eat carbs, they are broken down and end raising your blood sugar level. To counteract this, the pancreas secretes Insulin which will then cause this to go to one of 3 places: muscle glycogen, liver glycogen or Fat. One of the factors involved is how high of a Blood sugar spike you get, and one of the basic factors in this is how fast the Carb is broken down and become blood sugar. While not the be all and end all, the Glycemic Index (GI) of foods gives a good starting point, in helping to show why foods that have a good deal of natural fiber take longer to break down, which in turn provides a slow steady amount of blood sugar, thus not causing huge swings of your Insulin levels. If your blood constantly has a high Insulin level, this will cause you to store fat, and of course overtime if this becomes Chronic --- well the name for the condiition is Diabetes. Something you don't want to develope.

Hmm... ok, so when you have huge spikes in your blood sugar, that is bad --- hmmm, well maybe then a habit like, let's saying eating 2 huge meals a day, might not be the most healthy way to gain the nutrients you need? Perhaps the huge swings in blood sugar and insulin levels might explain why, despite exercising, one finds themselves with a spare tire they can't lose? And also perhaps explain why they're not feeling very good through the day, and experiencing low energy, and cravings and hunger pangs?
no one is knocking you for making a positive choice in your life. it's very commendable actually.

what people are pointing out to you is that there are other ways to lose weight.
 
Glare is offline
 
Page 5 of 6
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How I lost 16 lbs of stubborn fat

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
diet , eating , exercise , faggot fat piece of shit , health , queer


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33.