[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

hfingers

VeteranX
Updated April 29th
from a spider bite that turned into a flesh eating bacterial infection. 4 surgeries and crazy amounts of antibiotics. It was a life threating bacterial infection and i had between a 106.2 and 104 tempature for 2 days. Scary shit. I just got a few pics from my daughter, check them out.

Link to bacterial infection.
Necrotizing fasciitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link to the bastard spider.
Brown recluse spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0103081802.jpg

Within 36 hours of the bite but after they lanced all of the blisters.

0119081140a.jpg

After 4 surgeries to physically remove deep tissue that was infected.

I have to have surgery again to graft skin from hip to the back of my hand. Then total reconstructive surgery to my finger(multiple surgeries) if it can be saved. I have no feeling in my middle finger on the top side of it but i do have some feeling on the bottom side.(palm side)

I will throw up some more pics as i get them from people. GREAT start to the new yerr. :cheers:

0119081140.jpg

Another pic after surgery.

*edit: updated pic's

Feb 7
finger0207002.jpg

finger0207001.jpg

Still nasty but coming along. The skin on the back of my hand grew in itself, so need for a graft there. The human body is amazing.

*Updated pics as of April 7th

4-07001.jpg

They have to break my finger and straighten it out. Then do a skin graft on top.

4-07002.jpg

4-07006.jpg

Update: April 29th

They have given 4 options at this point. All 4 are different ways of cutting my finger off. They cant save it at all. I wish they would have done this months ago, it would have saved me alot of pain.

Last edited:
That must of been Hell, hfingers, so does hfingers name have any significant meaning now?

Whoa i hope that does happen to me.

that stuff doesnt bother me, i work in an emergency room

I'm very sorry to hear about that though, that really sucks man :( stupid fucking spider

Back