[ITT] post the last song you listened to

new alkaline trio album - blood hair and eyeballs, sounds like a mix of agony and irony (2008) and crimson (2005) but without anything as good as my fav tracks from those albums

burn from crimson & calling all skeletons from agony & irony were better songs imo but they are a pretty good band overall. they have gotten less edgy over the years and I like that..

you kinda gotta be in the mood like most music

their last album 'is this thing cursed' (2018) was pretty hard to top though

In my morning's FB feed there was a post where Brian May cautioned Freddie Mercury about the song they were recording. It was a hard song with lots of high notes and Freddie was in great pain and could hardly walk. He simply looked at Brian, downed a glass of vodka and said: "I'll f*cking do it, darling". And then he went into the studio and killed it. Of course I had to look it up.

Trivia: Many great Cars songs were sung by Benjamin Orr, co-funder and bassist. His real name was Benjamin Orzechowski. He was known as Benny 11 growing up in his hometown of Lakewood, Ohio.

Here's a list of songs he sang.
"All Mixed Up"
"Bye Bye Love"
"Candy-O"
"Coming Up You"
"Cool Fool"
"Cruiser"
"Don't Go to Pieces"
"Don't Tell Me No"
"Double Trouble"
"Down Boys"
"Drive"
"The Edge"
"Everything You Say"
"Funtime"
"Go Away"
"It's All I Can Do"
"Just What I Needed"
"Let's Go"
"Midnight Dancer"
"Moving in Stereo"
"Running to You"
"Shooting For You"
"Stranger Eyes"
"Take Me Now"
"That's It"
"Think It Over"
"This Could Be Love"
"Wake Me Up"
"You Can't Hold On Too Long"
"You Just Can't Push Me"

A couple of my favorite Cars songs.
Candy-O, Moving in Stereo, It's all I can do, Drive, Just what I needed. Great band.

Back