[SO] The government is shut down...

What will the leanholders say?

cane_quad1.jpg

man i am very glad to have tribalwar's nuanced opinion on this topic

u are surely all visionaries in ur respective fields

wait no ur all fuckin retards

ITT Jomo defends far-right republican maneuvers to shut down the government over legislation that they have failed to change through normal measures. That's a good way to run a government. If you don't get your way through normal means (via the courts or normal legislative process) in a democratically elected government, hold the country hostage.

in the long run...

it's really silly that a government of a supposed super power can shut down over the budget contention of one specific bill/law budget.

it doesn't really matter who is right and who is wrong, it matters that the USofA totters on this type of banality.

:spineyes:

ITT Jomo defends far-right republican maneuvers to shut down the government over legislation that they have failed to change through normal measures. That's a good way to run a government. If you don't get your way through normal means (via the courts or normal legislative process) in a democratically elected government, hold the country hostage.

Damn straight. Shut it all down, let anarchy reign!

The country isn't being held hostage, all the other governmental agencies are still open. Ohhhh no, the IRS can't do audits while the government is shut down....... noooooooooooo!

1239428_10151889192638812_1349131083_n.jpg

I go to my states health insurance exchange, where various health insurance companies compete for my service

i'm not sure what the problem is

The problem is, though that works for the relative minority of Americans who did not have health insurance, it is fucking over the overwhelming majority of us who did. For the rest of us, it has increased our premiums 45-200%.

The parasitic nature of the lower class is starting to feel burdensome.

What do you disagree with about the two CR's sent to the Senate yesterday?

i already stated what i disagree with in my last post :) repub/dem doesnt matter, shutting down the government because you can't get your way on legislation through normal legislative&judicial processes is not the way to run a country. same thing happened last year with tea partiers holding the country hostage when we needed to raise the debt ceiling (and will likely happen again in 2 weeks).

edit:

note many of the shutdowns happened for similar reasons, not legitimate budget issues, but people tying budget legislation to politically charged issues like abortion. lame. the last time we shutdown resulted in a balanced budget under Clinton, too bad republicans arent pushing for that.

Last edited:
i already stated what i disagree with in my last post :) repub/dem doesnt matter, shutting down the government because you can't get your way on legislation through normal legislative&judicial processes is not the way to run a country.

It's happened before. See Scooby's post. And yes it's happened when Democrats controlled Congress/Presidency.

Back