So I was attacked yesterday by 2 Intys.

DocHolliday

Contributor
They hopped in at 80km out. I was hunting rats in L-C307. I decided they were too fast for me so I started the warp when they were 75km out. Next thing I know they both kick in their MWD and are on me in seconds. Both proceeded to scamble my warp drives and web me. They started pounding on me with I believe FOF missiles and blasters.

Next thing I know my cell phone rings. Its my best friend from Phoenix. He starts telling me he is in town visiting his parents and wants to go out for a drink. At this point I am panicked. I want to talk to him but at the same time I wanna just hang up the phone and get my newly equipped Ferox the fuck out of dodge.

I locked onto the first one to lock on me and opened up with my 5 heavy missiles. Unfortunately I didn't have medium hybrids trained yet so I didn't have my 250mm and 2 x 200mm rails up and running. Then again, these rails probably couldn't track Inty's fast enough so they might have been useless.

Suprisingly my heavy missiles were making contact with him as he orbited me at 7,000 meters. I'd wager about 1 in every 3-4 missiles was making contact. These Inty's were screaming fast, I was doing 150 meters per second and they were flying around me like I was in reverse.

After I got my missiles locked and firing I hopped into chat and asked for help in a panicked fashion. I am still talking to my buddy on the phone and I am trying not to let him know that I am nerding out playing this game and in need of help because I am under attack.

See, none of my real life friends play PC games and they do not understand my "hobby" in terms of computers and the games I play online. They make fun of me for it.

At this point I hopped into local and corp chans to ask for help. Two non-corp Allied players respond willing to help so I ganged them. At this point the Inty I locked started losing his shields. My missiles were hitting him occasionally and doing some damage. They were pounding on me so I turned on my shield booster. I let my shields run down to 50% before I turned it on. I bet they were getting excited thinking they found a unprepared Ferox. Within seconds my shields were at 100% again and my cap was still at 75%. At this point I started getting alittle more calm. I realized I could tank these guys for a good 10-15 minutes before they broke my shield tank.

I finally wrap up my phone convo so I can concentrate on the Inty's. This is when my help arrived. As soon as he hopped in two heavy missiles crashed into the Inty's shields and took them down and got some decent hull damage. My new found friend locked on and engaged. As soon as he locked on the first Inty warped out. I started locking onto his friend just as my help was starting to hit him. The second Inty made two more orbits around me and then kicked his MWD in to get away before he warped out.

All in all I did ok. I took the first Inty down to his hull while they only managed to get my cap down to 15-20% and my shields were at 100% when the first Inty warped out. The second Inty barely even scratched me before he ran.

This is pretty much my first PvP outside of our 40 man frig fest so I was alittle nervous and panicked.

Lessons learned. When asking for help follow this rule, WHW.

Where?
How many?
Who?

Make sure you give your friends the location. How many ships are attacking you and who are they/what do they fly.

Cliffs:

- Two Inty's attacked me
- Recieved phone call from best friend from out of town at the same time.
- Doc was nervous because he couldn't hang the phone up and didn't wanna lose his ship.
- Called for help, two allies responded.
- Doc's Ferox opened up on the first Inty and took him down to his hull.
- Two Inty's that had Doc warp scrambled barely even scartched his shield tank.
- First ally that responded to my SOS call scared them off as I got the first Inty down to his hull.
- Lesson learned.

Last edited:
You might want to train up Energy Emission so you can mount a Nosferatu. MWD takes a hell of a lot of cap to run. Empty cap = death. Also, I keep a webber equipped now to slow down frigs so I can hit them with my turrets.

Nos 4tw

I wasn't planning on running into them. I was set up completely for RATS. All resists and shit.

It had to piss them off though, their missiles were hitting me for like 30hp. :D

I do plan on training for it though.

I'm using Nos for my Caracal

should be pretty fun :D

and good job there Doc, I was attacked in my osprey (mining outfit) at the L-C stargate to C4C, instead of warping away I shouted out in Local for ages "WTF I'm alliance" - turns out they were just two pirates, and I could have warped at any time with my 2 WDS's.

Oh yea, and yesterday when I lost my Caracal to a rat BS, really should warp out at 10% shields :x and line up with a warpable object.

Lesson learnt here as well :)

I am going by memory so I might not be exact.

5 x Malkuth Heavy Launchers
4 x PDU
1 x Shield Thingy(adds 720 HP to shield)
1 x Shield Thingy(every time its activated it repairs I think 169 HP)
1 x Sheild Thingy(+Thirty Something to EM resist)
1 x Shield Thingy(+ Thirty Something to Explosion resist)
1 x Shield Thingy(+ 25% across the board resists)

Going to redo my setup tonight since I now have small hybrid at level 3 so I can train medium hybrids. I will be adding the following to the above setup. Also need to get a Warp Stab.

1 x 250mm Rail
2 x 200mm Rails

All my resists are at 50% or higher for the shield.

I don't have their names. Between the phone call and me freaking out because I was under attack I didn't get their names or Corp name.

Don't laugh, but I am not insured. :( I can't afford it yet. Hopefully we can get a mining crew together today to make some cash so I can insure that bitch. I have alot of money invested in her.

Last edited:
DocHolliday said:
I am going by memory so I might not be exact.

5 x Malkuth Heavy Launchers
4 x PDU
1 x Shield Thingy(adds 720 HP to shield)
1 x Shield Thingy(every time its activated it repairs I think 169 HP)
1 x Sheild Thingy(+Thirty Something to EM resist)
1 x Shield Thingy(+ Thirty Something to Explosion resist)
1 x Shield Thingy(+ 25% across the board resists)

Dont those 3 shield resist thingys cancel eachother out (or hurt eachother). Thought those type of things say "only one of this type can be used or there will be penalties"

Interceptors suck, i would love an interceptor to try and attack my bc, All short range auto-cannon and assault launcher.....You cant go trough 4500shield with 3 light weapons than my capa and nos are recharging/sucking you. :sunny:

LostDuck said:
Dont those 3 shield resist thingys cancel eachother out (or hurt eachother). Thought those type of things say "only one of this type can be used or there will be penalties"
The penalty is that the second resist affecting the same type of damage won't do 100% of what it's rated to do.

As a better example, think of a damage mod. Say the damage mod gives you a 10% increase in damage, but there's a penalty for using more than one. This means, if you use 2 of them, it won't give you a 20% increase, it will give you less. (I'm not exactly sure how much less, it's just obviously somewhere between 10% and 20%.)

Lockout said:
The penalty is that the second resist affecting the same type of damage won't do 100% of what it's rated to do.

As a better example, think of a damage mod. Say the damage mod gives you a 10% increase in damage, but there's a penalty for using more than one. This means, if you use 2 of them, it won't give you a 20% increase, it will give you less. (I'm not exactly sure how much less, it's just obviously somewhere between 10% and 20%.)

Aww...understood.

I figured the penalties would of been fairly severe to the point of it not being worth the taken slot. (Like in your above example if those two would of only given you a 12% increase then I would question whether it was worth it)

But if the penalties are really mild then I guess I can see putting multiple ones on for sure.

Coylter said:
Interceptors suck, i would love an interceptor to try and attack my bc, All short range auto-cannon and assault launcher.....You cant go trough 4500shield with 3 light weapons than my capa and nos are recharging/sucking you. :sunny:

yes you can... if you would like me to prove it i will...

a pair of tarranises can kill a tanked apoc.

i'd like to have an Inty, for nothing more than annoying the shit out of people and baing able to pin them down and call in the big ships.

LostDuck said:
Aww...understood.

I figured the penalties would of been fairly severe to the point of it not being worth the taken slot. (Like in your above example if those two would of only given you a 12% increase then I would question whether it was worth it)

But if the penalties are really mild then I guess I can see putting multiple ones on for sure.

Had nothing else to put in the slots at that time so adding another 20% or so resist was better then nothing.

NAT Mav said:
i'd like to have an Inty, for nothing more than annoying the shit out of people and baing able to pin them down and call in the big ships.

Im more for the scouting: get a spec ops ship to scout systems for the 40 ship fleet behind you.

Back