Have you gotten better at video games?! by jerry - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have you gotten better at video games?!
Page 1 of 5
jerry
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-30-2020, 11:49
I can't tell if I have! In some games, it is very clear due to divisional placement. Then, as seasons progress, it seems harder and harder to beat the mean. First season diamond, second season platinum, etc.

Is the competition just getting better? Do the matchmaking algorithms get more effective at segregating skill levels? Has the casual player population left the game?

I just don't know!

I mean, I think I have been above average at video games since I started playing online a couple decades ago but all of these systems make me believe I am spinning my wheels endlessly. Especially over the last couple years--I will pick up a new game, crush newbie ass, then begin to "struggle" after about twenty or thirty hours of gameplay. Then, it all feels incremental or even impossible to continue up a ladder or ranking system.

I play everything solo so I am truly at the mercy of the developer. Do too well for a few games and get stuck with a leaver or a griefer, etc. With enough time, I fully expect a 1:1 kill death ratio and/or win rate whether I am "trying" or not. WOW!

**** SKILL BASED MATCH MAKING!

IT TAKES THE JOY OUT OF ONLINE GAMING!

Last edited by jerry; 03-30-2020 at 12:06..
Sponsored Links
cael
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 03-30-2020, 16:40
i've definitely gotten worse as i've gotten older but i also have a heard time staying focused now

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
3 - 03-30-2020, 16:54
Im getting better in Apex. Consistently putting respectable damage on the board now.

Last edited by StapleMammal1; 03-30-2020 at 17:18..
spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-30-2020, 17:06
upgraded from 256 mb ram to 64 gig 30,000$$$ computer in 1995 like fsb ao and u too can be pro at vidya game

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 03-30-2020, 17:32
Nope, just pub and shoot ****

Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
6 - 03-30-2020, 19:16
Just scored 32766 at Ant Run, one point shy of the max allowable score.

hastie
VeteranX
Old
7 - 03-30-2020, 19:33
I catch on quickly so I normally stomp people early in a new games life cycle. Then later they start to outpace me... I still normally end up ranking in the division that is the top 20% of players and sometimes 10 if the divisions are split up that way. But never in the top top tier. This includes mobas, fps, card games and RPGs. Typically, if I return to a game I played when younger, I will end up better, because now I have a lot of time to research the strats/tactics at work, or watch top players on twitch. Where when I was younger , I would just play and figure it out.

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-30-2020, 19:36
if you want to find out if you're good at videogames see how high you rank versus others in the zachtronic games.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 03-30-2020, 20:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I can't tell if I have! In some games, it is very clear due to divisional placement. Then, as seasons progress, it seems harder and harder to beat the mean. First season diamond, second season platinum, etc.

Is the competition just getting better? Do the matchmaking algorithms get more effective at segregating skill levels? Has the casual player population left the game?

I just don't know!

I mean, I think I have been above average at video games since I started playing online a couple decades ago but all of these systems make me believe I am spinning my wheels endlessly. Especially over the last couple years--I will pick up a new game, crush newbie ass, then begin to "struggle" after about twenty or thirty hours of gameplay. Then, it all feels incremental or even impossible to continue up a ladder or ranking system.

I play everything solo so I am truly at the mercy of the developer. Do too well for a few games and get stuck with a leaver or a griefer, etc. With enough time, I fully expect a 1:1 kill death ratio and/or win rate whether I am "trying" or not. WOW!

**** SKILL BASED MATCH MAKING!

IT TAKES THE JOY OUT OF ONLINE GAMING!
Dude we play Rocket league and its Match maker is amazing...compared to the hair pulling Match maker of World of tanks that couldn't balance a game to save its life.....ive seen 13 game losing streaks in World of tanks and no matter how much your platoon carries the team always finds a way to go complete retard......But Rocket league its all about how you and your team plays skill wise.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-30-2020, 20:31
be sure to rig the scripts.vol so that your light armor is better than the others you disk has larger aoe and shoots faster and then also install a 3rd party stats collecting software that lets you set peoples netsettings so they always miss and intentionally lags you also get hacked client that has higher packet rate and packet size than anyone else

then u can be like the 10 person noobie circlejerk that runs the tribes discord and tribes servers right now

also be sure to beg for a discord from people that arent authoritarian and then turn it into a police state of ******ry and kill a big pub in a 25 year old video game

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 03-30-2020, 20:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 View Post
Im getting better in Apex. Consistently putting respectable damage on the board now.

Heck ya my bro!

Unfortunately, however, Apex fits right into the bunch!

Others I have noticed an absolute grinding point built-in:

CSGO
SC2
Overwatch (HOLY **** THIS ONE IS BAD!)
Call of Duty: Warzone

I will get hooked on these games playing as free as I like, dominating the competition with my sick ass moves and aim.

Then, I will come to understand I can no longer play the game like an arena shooter and begin to refine my play (mostly hide and and bait teammates). Finally, I hit some type of ceiling where one game I am capable of carrying and the next I am matched up against what seems to be aimbots and wallhackers.

Ultimately, I give up!

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-30-2020, 21:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Heck ya my bro!
Thanks man. Used what I've learned from you to pull this off just now. Led my team of randos to victory!

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-30-2020, 21:37
worse. I don't have the time to sit down and practice aim, learn maps, routes, strategies, i barely have the time to sit and efficiently map out my keys some times. I usually don't place dead last in most games, but pretty close to it

2:37
Veteran4
Old
14 - 03-30-2020, 23:21
Quote:
be sure to rig the scripts.vol so that your light armor is better than the others you disk has larger aoe and shoots faster and then also install a 3rd party stats collecting software that lets you set peoples netsettings so they always miss and intentionally lags you also get hacked client that has higher packet rate and packet size than anyone else

then u can be like the 10 person noobie circlejerk that runs the tribes discord and tribes servers right now

also be sure to beg for a discord from people that arent authoritarian and then turn it into a police state of ******ry and kill a big pub in a 25 year old video game

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 03-30-2020, 23:25
i don't use cheat codes like i did when i was 12, and i manage to finish games now so ya, i think i'm better at most video games

i've become 2 old and slow 4 twitch style modern fps w/ all that pay2win autoaim and wallhack **** tho. i would probly lose dukematch w/ 1996 me like 100/100 times

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 03-30-2020, 23:37
I still seem to dominate FPS games, which is really all I play the rare times I do play. Most FPS games today are just campy ****fests though. I love the idea of battle royale, but the designers keep making games to where camping is rewarded.

If anything, I'm infinitely more calm and patient than when I was younger (raaaaaage), so my overall gameplay is smart/calculated. If I've lost twitch/raw skill, I don't notice it.

Last edited by Validuz; 03-30-2020 at 23:43..
EyeZ
VeteranX
Old
17 - 03-31-2020, 00:28
Usually end up placing gold/platinum ranks in whatever games I enjoy enough to play ranked in. I like ranked systems based on their MMR accuracy, as I'd rather play against people who are making the same level of mistakes as I am at whatever rank I'm sitting at, rather than going into matches where there are 20,000+ kill players. With streaming being a viable income for some people to live off, there are a ton more people who have 10+ hours a day to grind out and reach those top 10% tiers in the more popular competitive online games. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a huge percent of the highest ranking players in most games are streamers. Hell, most games nowadays are ranked on their popularity based on how many people are watching someone stream it.

Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 03-31-2020, 00:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRLFWF2v_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7hGMMIyfE

Last edited by Dennis; 03-31-2020 at 00:52..
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-31-2020, 01:17
i got good at virtua racing i've got a top 25 high score on all the tracks.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-31-2020, 06:39
Not 'better', but I've still 'got it' in competitive FPS against real players. Surprising the skills don't really drop off with age that much. Becomes more the brain game than just flick and shoot reflexes.

Page 1 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have you gotten better at video games?!

Social Website Bullshit