Search Is Contributor Only

Friggin babies, you can donate $10. That is less then a gallon of gas. Most of you complaining spend to much time here to not be able to justify that.

Suck it up.

I don't even see why the admins have to justify themselves overs this decision, they can do whatever they want with their own site and people just have to stfu and leave if they are not happy. This thread goes beyond my sense of realism.
It's important to me people understand what went into the decision so they don't think I'm just trying to extort money from them. I really don't like that it's come to the point where staff members are paying out of pocket to keep parts of the website running.

How often does search break anyways?

I only went to use it one time and realize it was broken, even other time it's been golden.

statsplz

Hay Rayn :)

I'd donate if I didn't have to use PayPal. :/

I guess I'll have to fly to Tasmania and give Beren AUD$11 to send over. He can keep the change. :sunny:

have you tried it lately? i don't find it so bad these days. But yes paypal sucked arse for australians for ages. i remember back when TW did one of its first donation drives trying to donate and having no love. hell i remember selling something to someone on TW once back in like 2001, and in the end just giving it away cos paypal was such a bitch. It should be fine these days, but if you have a problem i am sure there are easier ways to send me money and i can pay your membership for you if you need search action.

I'd be glad to donate, but I can't with paypal.

Paypal locks out your accounts if you don't use them regularly, and if I try to make a new one it says that the card is already in use with another account, then they want me to fax a bunch of credit card and personal information... no way I'm doing that.

It's important to me people understand what went into the decision so they don't think I'm just trying to extort money from them. I really don't like that it's come to the point where staff members are paying out of pocket to keep parts of the website running.

I knew you would answer something like this to my reply. My post was actually a very positive comment saying that you were more than kind to explain to whiners your motivations behind your decisions when they proved always rational and well founded in the past. You did well.

Paypal locks out your accounts if you don't use them regularly, and if I try to make a new one it says that the card is already in use with another account, then they want me to fax a bunch of credit card and personal information... no way I'm doing that.

Mail a check

doesn't effect me in the least... it really was a hit or miss, which quite often was the latter of the two.

I can't say I feel that it's a great incentive.

doesn't effect me in the least... it really was a hit or miss, which quite often was the latter of the two.

I can't say I feel that it's a great incentive.

5 yrs of posting for free and entertainment is enough of an incentive for 10, I repeat T-E-N bucks to donate to keep that alive.

Yeah, I'll find a working paypal account... I just have to find a combination of e-mail and card number that work... f'n paypal...

really? I didnt use my account for like 5 years and it still works.

really? I didnt use my account for like 5 years and it still works.

Yeah, honestly I have no idea what happened. I keep the same e-mail and card number (just with different expirations obviously) and most of them won't let me in. I've never had any problems with the accounts or anything. I just use them to send money once in awhile.

They wanted me to fax my ssn, credit card number and exp date, and other stuff :stab: I was like, "are you freaking kidding me?"

What sucks is I can't add any of those cards to any other account that does work.

I found one that works, but am still waiting on an e-mail confirmation which still has not shown up yet...

Back