Into the Spider-Verse by Got Haggis? - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Into the Spider-Verse
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 12-14-2018, 17:41
I think this may be the best Spiderman film of all time - it certainly has the most comic vibe out of any of the movies.....the end credits scene was pretty funny.

That being said, knowing most of you - you guys are going to hate it because it stars Miles Morales.

Sponsored Links
TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
2 - 12-14-2018, 18:17
I've been looking forward to it. The trailer and clip were the best part of Venom.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
3 - 12-14-2018, 18:18
today I watched a movie for children, then I went home and raped a baby

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
4 - 12-14-2018, 18:40
I don't mind Miles as they are developing him separate from Peter. It's when they replace someone such as girl Thor or Blacktain America that I get annoyed.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-14-2018, 22:26
wasn't bad

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 12-15-2018, 05:58
folks, this really is some top tier games journalism

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 12-15-2018, 09:33
Quote:
An Afro-Latino teenager, Miles is the second Spider-Man to appear in Ultimate Marvel, an imprint with a separate continuity from the mainstream Marvel Universe
Oh man... all they need to do to make this character even more woke than it currently is, is to make disabled it a tranny.

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 12-15-2018, 19:37
spydur thread

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
9 - 12-15-2018, 19:57
I've never understood the alternate comic universes. It just seems like an excuse to market the same character twice rather than risk poor sales on a new character.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
10 - 12-16-2018, 01:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I've never understood the alternate comic universes. It just seems like an excuse to market the same character twice rather than risk poor sales on a new character.
a.) sounds like you understand it just fine. it's a way to market the same character twice instead of taking a risk with a new character.
b.) but also to introduce new fans w/o the weight of continuity. i'm 10 and i can get amazing spider-man issue #735 or ultimate spider-man issue #1, which do i choose

i went through a comic book phase as a teenager when the ultimate universe was kicking off and i read that and only that because i could keep up and the characters were the same concepts you already know. eventually i ran out of the alternate stories and by that point i was invested enough that i jumped over to the main line. crossovers like spider-verse just expedite the process.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 12-16-2018, 03:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Basically. There's always backlash when they try to refresh an existing character. People generally only care about the classic characters so new characters usually don't sell well either. So they figured out they could do these "alternate" characters and run them alongside the classic characters to cash in.

Noumenon
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 12-16-2018, 08:02
I liked the movie but I was only put off by minor things like Kingpin throwing a car. I initially didn't like the Miles Morales character but the more stories I read I ended up liking him and hes now the Ultimate Universe is gone and hes in the regular Marvel Universe.

Also, Nick ****ing Cage.

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 12-17-2018, 17:05
***8220;Mule***8221; looks good. Maybe tonight!

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Into the Spider-Verse

Social Website Bullshit