[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

4vswalN.jpg

FBI contacted. gg

No MAGA here. Interesting read

The Equifax Hack Has the Hallmarks of State-Sponsored Pros (1) - Bloomberg

The handoff to more sophisticated hackers is among the evidence that led some investigators inside Equifax to suspect a nation-state was behind the hack. Many of the tools used were Chinese, and these people say the Equifax breach has the hallmarks of similar intrusions in recent years at giant health insurer Anthem Inc. and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management; both were ultimately attributed to hackers working for Chinese intelligence.

Others involved in the investigation aren't so sure, saying the evidence is inconclusive at best or points in other directions. One person briefed on the probe being conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and U.S. intelligence agencies said that there is evidence that a nation-state may have played a role, but that it doesn't point to China. The person declined to name the country involved because the details are classified. Mandiant, the security consulting firm hired by Equifax to investigate the breach, said in a report distributed to Equifax clients on Sept. 19 that it didn't have enough data to identify either the attackers or their country of origin.

Wherever the digital trail ultimately leads, one thing is clear: The scant details about the breach so far released by Equifax—besides angering millions of Americans—omit some of the most important elements of the intrusion and what the company has since learned about the hackers' tactics and motives. Bloomberg has reconstructed the chain of events through interviews with more than a dozen people familiar with twin probes being conducted by Equifax and U.S. law enforcement.

The massive breach occurred even though Equifax had invested millions in sophisticated security measures, ran a dedicated operations center and deployed a suite of expensive anti-intrusion software. The effectiveness of that armory appears to have been compromised by poor implementation and the departure of key personnel in recent years. But the company's challenges may go still deeper. One U.S. government official said leads being pursued by investigators include the possibility that the hackers had help from someone inside the company. “We have no evidence of malicious inside activity,” the Equifax spokesperson said. “We understand that law enforcement has an ongoing investigation.”

Game over man, game over

In 47 of 50 cities, ObamaCare coverage will be 'unaffordable' in 2018 by law's definition | Fox News
In 47 of 50 cities in 2018, the cost of Obamacare's lowest-priced plan would be deemed "unaffordable" by the Affordable Care Act's own definition, according to a study from eHealth, Inc.

Under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance becomes unaffordable when the lowest-cost plan costs more than 8.16 percent of a household's gross income. Usually people who fall in this category can get an exemption from paying Obamacare's individual mandate.

Government subsidies are available to people earning up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level, but middle-income households earning 401 percent or more of the federal poverty level are not eligible for subsidy assistance," eHealth explains.

The study evaluated families with two adults and one child in 50 cities who were paying the lowest-price plan in 2017. The study then applied a 10 percent increase to premiums to project the rates seen in 2018 and found that in 47 of those cities, coverage would be unaffordable. The increase that the study projected was moderate, since many have estimated that premiums could increase by as much as 20 percent next year.

In addition, these families would need to incur an extra $28,939 before the plan became affordable. On average, a family of three would have to earn a six-figure salary—or $110,823.32—for coverage to be affordable.

I am not the brightest crayon in the box but doesn't that basically mean since Obamacare is a law...

Won't that mean a massive taxpayer bailout it coming? Aren't the wealthy rarely affected by such bailouts? Doesn't the middle class and the poor bear most of the burden?

I can only speak for VA but we had some counties where individual coverage was going to be unavailable. Didn't matter if you were subsidised or not. It was set to be group or nothing. For example, Anthem is the only carrier in the Roanoke Metro market of 300,000 people for individual coverage. Optima pulled out and for about 2 weeks Roanoke had no carrier as Anthem had pulled out and not yet come back in. The general agents are predicting a rate increase of 70% or higher across the state with nova and VA beach getting hit harder than the West. 20% would be a blessing at least for my state. Group plans going to get hit too but not as bad.

I am free market but right now there is no market as the barriers are hard to overcome given legal requirements to run a carrier.

I'm to the point where I will support single payor since for all practical purposes that is what the individual market is right now for Virginia

I am free market but right now there is no market as the barriers are hard to overcome given legal requirements to run a carrier.

you will notice this is a trend for all things government related now

they make laws creating and benefiting only single providers and entities......then they blame them for everything.......let them hang themselves, which they are more than happy to do without subsidies, and then use that as further excuse to nationalize more areas and pass even more laws that benefit only the government (instead of monopolistic laws they got lobbying money to pass the first time around)

i mean from banking to health care it is always the same old song and dance

less options less choice but higher operating costs and shittier service.

the second we talk about maybe letting more providers compete.........more people having more access to health care options and providers in other states, across state lines, most politicians back out.......

because what lobbyist is going to pay them money for competition and not market cornering? for having to compete as opposed to obtain contractual guarantees?

that isn't how politics works in our country anymore

Obamacare Implosion: Last Major Healthcare Provider Pulls Out Of Iowa Leaving No Options In 2018 | Zero Hedge

Last edited:
Personally I thought the way they went about working the subsidized market was dumb. It would have to happen in the state level but I would pass a law requiring carriers doing group to participate in the individual market. Addionally, they need to do subsidised plans in an assigned risk pool just like bad work comp risks are handled in order to break up the loss. Reinsurance would understand that model better since it's been in place for years with comp and that would help drive premiums back down.

The gov. already takes on the worst of the worst with Medicare as old people overwhelmingly account for medical use (duh)

there is nothing the government can't do (albeit poorly) with enough of others money to throw at it

take every dumb war as an example of that (since WW2, which we have lost)

take how piss poorly the VA operates

how morally and fiscally bankrupted Social Security and Medicaid are becoming as each new day passes

maybe they should work on keeping their current boondoggles solvent, from the brink of collapse, before we promote them to taking care of more of us

but that is just me.......

i don't like class dunce being promoted to dean

i don't like putting everyone on a system that can't afford the people it already has for even another decade without massive changes and austerity

Last edited:
Back