Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter by DMAUL - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter
Page 4 of 5
DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 07-04-2017, 00:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjrejFQSGg

Slightly faster. Would be faster without the mustang in front of me (I let off on the straights because I can't brake as deep with a heavy car in front). Still about 8 seconds of mistakes in other places though.

Sponsored Links
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
62 - 07-04-2017, 01:20
mustang smoked u through the twisty stuff

out torquing u out of the turns because u couldn't keep ur revs up

I played forza today

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
63 - 07-04-2017, 01:24
sucks that you have to slow down below 50 most the time on those turns. but i guess you have too. i thought a lotus could take corners like it's on rails.

bonus rep for knowing the reference

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
64 - 07-04-2017, 01:28
ya you were never in any danger bc of the mustang in front of you

that guy much better driver

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 07-04-2017, 01:31
I passed him twice earlier in the day. He had a good lap. But yes I got destroyed in the S turns.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
66 - 07-04-2017, 10:50
How often do you go to the track

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 07-04-2017, 11:11
Last year I did 2 track days a month during the summer. It's looking like 1 a month this year. I've been busier and the weather has been wetter. Maybe the fall will be better.

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 07-04-2017, 14:40
Nice. Just came back from Mid Ohio. It was the first time we had both cars finish every lap of all qualifying and race sessions.

We completely redesigned the suspension on one of the cars over the winter and it has finally started to come together. We had some minor overheating and it was chewing up its rear tires, but we've since resolved the issues (we think). We'll see in Pitt in 4 weeks.

def
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 07-05-2017, 12:54
what was the fix for rear tire wear? camber? driving style?

phaytal
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 07-06-2017, 12:57
How's the new surface at Pitt? Looks great.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
71 - 07-06-2017, 13:23
The surface is really good, there are some changes that have an effect on lines though. On south track, the curb on turn 2 is much steeper. At the bottom of the hill they didn't put down the grip pad material that was there previously. Otherwise feels pretty much the same.

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 07-06-2017, 19:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
what was the fix for rear tire wear? camber? driving style?
Looking at the tires you'd think it needed more camber, because the wear made it seem like the tire was rolling over. Hot tire pressures led us to make a small change to pressure (1 psi added to the inside tires) but the tire temperature showed we had a nice amount of camber.

The problem was that the rear was too soft, making the rear tires work too hard. Unfortunately we'd forgotten our springs box so could not change springs - would've liked to put stiffer springs in the rear.

We soften the front (we have some geometry variability on our rockers, rear rockers were already on full stiff setting), added more rear bar, and fabricated a front bar (car used to have a nice cockpit adjustable front sway bar but it had to be removed due to volume conflict with the new carbon fiber nose/crash structure we made over the winter). Cured all the issues we were experiencing, but the damage had been done to the tires at that point. We typically like to run a set for at least 12 heat cycles (they are $900 a set ), and this was already that set's 2nd weekend.

Still, much better outing than our outing at Mid-Ohio a few years ago... where one of our drivers was one of the two guys that started this mess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOhwcLXpYLc

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 08-18-2017, 21:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMD_v7VXFWg

Can't really see anything in the vid, but 4.5 seconds faster than my previous best (the video above).

Also my oil temp gauge was flashing....I was not aware of that. That means it was >240 F, red blinky light is at 250 F. Will need to start it up and check the max recorded temp.

Edit: Just realized the software ****ed up the map

Last edited by DMAUL; 08-18-2017 at 21:58..
pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 08-19-2017, 07:57
Nice.

Our Pittsburgh weekend was great. The track is awesome. Even from a crew perspective, 30 feet from where we paddocked to the pits, and you can see so much of the track from the hill that it significant increase the usefulness of our radio communications.

Unfortunately only one of our cars ran (the recently redesigned one), but we continued the good improvements from Mid Ohio. We were running 1:56s in our first session and incrementally improved to high 1:51s while our tires were getting a bit ragged. Changed 1st gear ratio (Hewland's are so easy to work on, did it between two sessions), played with suspension settings and moved the driver down and forward.

We had one incident caught on camera (will try to find the video). At the end of the warm up lap, the leaders start forming up to by two. The red car ahead of us decides to pull along side the blue car ahead of him. Inattentive blue driver decides to do one final tire warning zigzag across the entire track and destroys the red car (tore suspension mounting points out of his gearbox, car was done for the weekend). Somehow they still give the green flag. Two laps in the blue car loses his engine cover due to damage sustained. Everyone avoids it .... Until the next lap where the blue car plows straight into it and disintegrates his own cover.

Heading to Summit Point next weekend.

Last edited by pZ II Birdy; 08-19-2017 at 08:00..
arsin
Veteran++
Old
75 - 08-19-2017, 09:01
4.5 seconds wow that's a lot of improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pZ II Birdy View Post
Nice.

Our Pittsburgh weekend was great. The track is awesome. Even from a crew perspective, 30 feet from where we paddocked to the pits, and you can see so much of the track from the hill that it significant increase the usefulness of our radio communications.

Unfortunately only one of our cars ran (the recently redesigned one), but we continued the good improvements from Mid Ohio. We were running 1:56s in our first session and incrementally improved to high 1:51s while our tires were getting a bit ragged. Changed 1st gear ratio (Hewland's are so easy to work on, did it between two sessions), played with suspension settings and moved the driver down and forward.

We had one incident caught on camera (will try to find the video). At the end of the warm up lap, the leaders start forming up to by two. The red car ahead of us decides to pull along side the blue car ahead of him. Inattentive blue driver decides to do one final tire warning zigzag across the entire track and destroys the red car (tore suspension mounting points out of his gearbox, car was done for the weekend). Somehow they still give the green flag. Two laps in the blue car loses his engine cover due to damage sustained. Everyone avoids it .... Until the next lap where the blue car plows straight into it and disintegrates his own cover.

crapclown doesn't type like this. holy **** at the copypasta. stfd please!

y u du this? r u getting bored poaching the Comcast cable bandits?

Itt it's time for a sleepy pill, a hallucinogenic or a huge bong hit. Run along now.

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
76 - 08-19-2017, 09:14
bruh dat lotus is slow af.....

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 08-19-2017, 10:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
4.5 seconds wow that's a lot of improvement.

crapclown doesn't type like this. holy **** at the copypasta. stfd please!

y u du this? r u getting bored poaching the Comcast cable bandits?

Itt it's time for a sleepy pill, a hallucinogenic or a huge bong hit. Run along now.
You are not making any sense, Ellen.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
78 - 08-19-2017, 10:40
Ur a crapclown smurf. Die already.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 08-19-2017, 10:58
tony u should stop lmao

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
80 - 08-19-2017, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by pZ II Birdy View Post
Nice.

What series do you run in? 1:51 is quick. I should have mentioned the new curbing at turn 16, that's probably the biggest change that they made. It used to be rumble strip which was a bit unsettling hitting at 120+

I think I hit a cone with the right side of my car somewhere. No idea where or when, but there's an rub mark on the car.

Here's me trying to keep pace with an race spec Atom. I ran a 2:04 following him, his lap was a 2:00 or 2:01. He's on slicks and has a slight power to weight ratio advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPirUwMobOY

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter

Social Website Bullshit