whatever happened to skateboards and snowboards

bowl of blood

Contributor
in the early days of the boom times we had small devices called a skateboard that kids rode around on and jumped off hills and small benches. the snowboard was a skateboard that had four small skis instead of wheels.

they even put in on tv in something called the x-games which stood for extreme boomer games w/ tony hawk and chad muska, but for many years it has been unheard of

do 13-yos still do this or because of blacks taking over cities and mountaintops is it all just playing wow and getting an education now

maxresdefault.jpg

B001B1W3K2-3-lg.jpg

a snowboard had 4 skis instead of wheels what the fuck?

a snowboard is a modified skateboard made by removing the wheels and attaching half sized skis in their place. a millenil zoomer like you probably wouldn't know this but we made them at home every winter.

do they even make ssx games anymore? ssx was the best video game, it was like wow with snowboards

i chopped down my first oak tree on may 1st, 1911. my father had brought the family from kentucky to the wyoming wilderness to join the fur trade and had become sick with consumption during the travel. i had never chopped down a tree before and i was just a boy of 14 so it was to my shock and horror when the tree did fall upon the wagon where my father lay. the first thing i built with the wood from that tree was the coffin in which he was buried. by the time i came back from the great war this would seem but a quaint memory of simpler times.

Last edited:
Kids these days ride scooters at skate parks. Some advance to the skateboard or BMX, but unfortunately too many stay with the scooters. My son wants a new skateboard after breaking the truck on his last one. That makes me very happy. I'd like to see him skate instead of scoot at the skatepark.

My daughter is pretty good on the scooter and hangs with the cool dudes at the skate park almost daily. Not that many girls scoot. She's a tough little thing... but she has attitude.. says stuff like "Ahh fucken hell dad" and "Ahh what the fuck dad?" .. and shes not even 12 yet. She gets that from her skate park friends I think... or maybe me.. I don't know.

lots of kids in my hood skateboard

but yes i live in a relatively nice and safe hood even though its in sf

Back