new Onyxia loot/buffs are KICKIN RAD

thats Wodin, one of our rogues in all fire resist gear, specifically 259 fire resist

he can resists full deep breaths if they ever happen

Do resistances work as well in PvP as they do in PvE? Like would that rogue pretty much be invulnerable to any fire mage?

Dyno said:
Do resistances work as well in PvP as they do in PvE? Like would that rogue pretty much be invulnerable to any fire mage?

resistances cap off at about a 75% dps reduction (on average). for a level 60 that is 300 resist.

looks like wodin gets about a 64% dps reduction to fire. that's a whole freaking lot :)

Dyno said:

it does and me and pretty much all mages in my guild have switched to frost builds because of how gimped a fire mage is against someone in epic gear from core/onyxia.

I heard resistances just increase your chance to resist the spell entirely or take 1/2 damage, but maybe that's only in PvE.

Dyno said:
I heard resistances just increase your chance to resist the spell entirely or take 1/2 damage, but maybe that's only in PvE.

for damage spells, they increase your chance to either resist the entire spell, or 25/50/75/100% of the damage.

for other spells, they increase your chance to resist the spell.

it's based on a bell curve and some other crap they haven't posted enough about, but when you average it out, those percentages are pretty much what it comes to.

Back