change chaingun 2 blaster by DC. - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page change chaingun 2 blaster
Page 2 of 5
Thread Tools
DC.
VeteranX
Old
21 - 08-12-2018, 16:25
Reply With Quote
p.s. i am the only person who has ever thought interpolate was terrible 4 this game, not like it was banned for 7 years or so
 
DC. is offline
 
Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 08-12-2018, 16:27
Reply With Quote
some people are not worth talking to and i forgot that snow is one of them

what a waste of time

it's far more likely that the cg is too weak than it is too strong
 
hyung is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
23 - 08-12-2018, 16:33
Reply With Quote
lol

i corrected most of your statements and u didnt like this, therefore i am not worth arguing with. this is literally donald trump style **** you r pulling right now good job opsayo

i'd be playing with the same blaster as everyone else, and its as if im trying to get some sneaky advantage by doing this.

it's a minimal change, everyone is familiar with blaster inheritance and projectile speed after 20 years.

watever continue playing hitscan tribes and then pretending like u r really good a decade after every1 stopped playing

~gg god bless~
 
DC. is offline
 
Last edited by DC.; 08-12-2018 at 16:36..
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 08-12-2018, 16:35
Reply With Quote
wtf are you even talking about
 
hyung is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 08-12-2018, 16:36
Reply With Quote
how can it still be your hobby just to be as obtuse as possible on a tribes forum
 
hyung is offline
 
Laughing-Stork
VeteranX
Old
26 - 08-12-2018, 16:40
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC. View Post
what huge advantage did i have pre-netset again?? 90% of players had like a 60 ping or below and prolly 60% had 44 or below. y do u keep making excuses about ping when u and mostly everyone participating in PUs were also lpbs and didnt need to lead either really, with the exception of the euros and opsayo. not my prob if u could not chaingun with a 60 ping



bottom line:

you'll have to lead with blaster and u dont like this because u dont have to do it currently cause the bullets r so fukin fast and you failed at doing this pre-netset, even though we'll all still have polate and pft and whatever else in 2018 on even playing field etc so really blaster or a slowed down chaingun projectile shuldnt be an issue and youll no longer have any excuses to grasp for anymore
*Your advantage pre-1.40. Back in the 1.30 days when you had 16 ping and chainwhored every pug. Yes this was a massive advantage over players with 40 ping and up. You didn't notice how much changed because you had low ping. For people like me and opsayo, players with over 60 ping, it was a big change. Don't be ignorant.

Fixing the chaingun isn't as easy as taking away energy consumption of the blaster and boom we have solved it.

You're looking at a slower projectile with a different inheritance, this doesn't replicate the uses of the chaingun.

Your end result will be a weapon that is useless at long ranges and will only hit with pure luck - much like a long disc midair. At medium ranges there will still be a bit of luck involved. Which is different compared to the chaingun. What you are arguing for is literally the removal of a skill based weapon in favor of a luck based weapon. Which seems to be the opposite of what you want. You would think a god of T1 like yourself would want to eliminate luck and increase skill.
 
Laughing-Stork is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
27 - 08-12-2018, 16:42
Reply With Quote
what part are u confused about??

you claimed i started capping in pubs a month ago - this is false

you said i was not here for when the chaingun was reduced in damage - this is false, last time i "re-started" playing tribes, it was reduced in damage i am pretty sure.

you said i spent 10 seconds thinking about this, im pretty sure i have brought up using blaster (after netset became accetpable) before for the same reasons i brought up in this thread

your other points (reducing damage per bullet) do not address the hit rate issue which is what i am concerned about. reducing projectile speed should reduce the hit rate.
 
DC. is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
28 - 08-12-2018, 16:49
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
*Your advantage pre-1.40. Back in the 1.30 days when you had 16 ping and chainwhored every pug. Yes this was a massive advantage over players with 40 ping and up. You didn't notice how much changed because you had low ping. For people like me and opsayo, players with over 60 ping, it was a big change. Don't be ignorant.

Fixing the chaingun isn't as easy as taking away energy consumption of the blaster and boom we have solved it.

You're looking at a slower projectile with a different inheritance, this doesn't replicate the uses of the chaingun.

Your end result will be a weapon that is useless at long ranges and will only hit with pure luck - much like a long disc midair. At medium ranges there will still be a bit of luck involved. Which is different compared to the chaingun. What you are arguing for is literally the removal of a skill based weapon in favor of a luck based weapon. Which seems to be the opposite of what you want. You would think a god of T1 like yourself would want to eliminate luck and increase skill.
if someone can blaster on a consistent basis, that would be a indication of greater skill you fool. <-- which is what we need to raise the ceiling a little bit

since we are nitpicking about relatively insignificant ping differences, i played with a 32 ping in 2007-2009. i have played with pings ranging from 16 to 230 ping. complaining about not being able to chaingun with a 60-76 ping (which i played with consistently in LT on the onion patch or highline or whatever) is stupid

again not my prob that u couldnt chain consistently with a 60 ping which is literally a 28 ping difference from what i had. r u joking

ok i just saw u mentioned 40 ping or up.. so now its an 8 ping difference lol pls get out. these is dumb and de-railing ive heard this like 500 times
 
DC. is offline
 
Last edited by DC.; 08-12-2018 at 16:53..
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 08-12-2018, 16:56
Reply With Quote
you're a waste of time to talk to because most people try to make sense but you spew random nonsense just to get a rise out of people, even the people you're expecting to help you with a favor

some examples:
- what does netset have anything to do with projectile speed?
- how am i the one afraid of leading? i played with 140 ping in lt pickups for years. you're the one who paid nofix for a lasthope bypass when you already had 28-32 ping
- you're conflating the difference between leading due to projectile speed and leading due to ****ty network settings. you're combining the two either because you're ignorant of the difference or purposefully to just obfuscate the discussion.
- what do i have anything to do with 1.40 "choosing to give people 32 ping"? i wasn't part of the 1.40 dev team and i'm not andrew. do you really think the game is better with ****ty network code so that hitboxes are drawn inaccurately? you're bringing this up again because you're either too ignorant to know what you're saying or you're just trying to spew words to keep a pointless argument going.

the only reason i'm even responding now to explain is so that others reading can understand where i'm coming from
 
hyung is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
30 - 08-12-2018, 17:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
you're a waste of time to talk to because most people try to make sense but you spew random nonsense just to get a rise out of people, even the people you're expecting to help you with a favor

some examples:
- what does netset have anything to do with projectile speed?
- how am i the one afraid of leading? i played with 140 ping in lt pickups for years. you're the one who paid nofix for a cheat bypass when you already had 28-32 ping
- you're conflating the difference between leading due to projectile speed and leading due to ****ty network settings. you're combining the two either because you're ignorant of the difference or purposefully to just obfuscate the discussion.
- what do i have anything to do with 1.40 "choosing to give people 32 ping"? i wasn't part of the 1.40 dev team and i'm not andrew. do you really think the game is better with ****ty network code so that hitboxes are drawn inaccurately? you're bringing this up again because you're either too ignorant to know what you're saying or you're just trying to spew words to keep a pointless argument going.

the only reason i'm even responding now to explain is so that others reading can understand where i'm coming from
-where did i say netset has anything to do projectile speed? wtf? it has greatly increased hit rates with disc and chaingun. i have not said anything else. in order to offset this increased hit rate, we should change the weapons in order to push down hit rates to counter-balance the netset. what part of this r u not understanding

-afraid of leading was more directed to stork cause he complains about 60 ping, not at you. ad hominem attack etc u got cheats from andrew etc gg. stop pointing out irrelevant discussion points and de-railing

-see point one, i think YOU are trying to conflate the issues in order to confuse ppl gg fuk u

-see point 1. i am just pointing out a huge downside of netset, not that it is overall bad.
 
DC. is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 08-12-2018, 17:07
Reply With Quote
i got cheats from andrew?

how is it irrelevant that you paid for a bypass so that you could interpolate in an era where everyone else used 1.30 and you had a 32 ping to boot?
 
hyung is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
32 - 08-12-2018, 17:07
Reply With Quote
y r u two reluctant to reduce the projectile speed so much?? most of ur other solutions do nothing to reduce the hit rate / raise the skill ceiling.

i used blaster in a HK pub a few days ago with lyon in the server, with stock blaster damage so it was OP (but energy consumtpion so i couldnt even chase) but the hit rate at medium and long-ish range was completely fine.
 
DC. is offline
 
Last edited by DC.; 08-12-2018 at 17:11..
DC.
VeteranX
Old
33 - 08-12-2018, 17:10
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
i got cheats from andrew?

how is it irrelevant that you paid for a bypass so that you could interpolate in an era where everyone else used 1.30 and you had a 32 ping to boot?
so instead of addressing my other point about counter-balancing netset you are going to troll my one troll comment to counter your original troll

good job
 
DC. is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 08-12-2018, 17:16
Reply With Quote
i'm not trolling, i know you bought a bypass. nofix himself told us.

tell you what let's step back then

we're trying to discuss whether or not the chaingun is too strong or not. some people think it is (you, maybe others) some people think it isn't (myself, stork, maybe others).

a separate thing we're trying to figure out is what we could do to the chaingun to tune it. you think reducing the rate of fire and tightening the cone is the right way to go. i disagree.

so what now?
 
hyung is offline
 
Laughing-Stork
VeteranX
Old
35 - 08-12-2018, 17:16
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC. View Post
if someone can blaster on a consistent basis, that would be a indication of greater skill you fool. <-- which is what we need to raise the ceiling a little bit

since we are nitpicking about relatively insignificant ping differences, i played with a 32 ping in 2007-2009. i have played with pings ranging from 16 to 230 ping. complaining about not being able to chaingun with a 60-76 ping (which i played with consistently in LT on the onion patch or highline or whatever) is stupid

again not my prob that u couldnt chain consistently with a 60 ping which is literally a 28 ping difference from what i had. r u joking

ok i just saw u mentioned 40 ping or up.. so now its an 8 ping difference lol pls get out. these is dumb and de-railing ive heard this like 500 times
hitting blaster shots on a consistent basis with 50% inheritance on a player moving a decent rate(avg return route speed of a decent capper) @ a medium range. I would love to see you do it consistently. More than likely your shots would be hitting the easy angles and violently missing any slightly difficult shot.
 
Laughing-Stork is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
36 - 08-12-2018, 17:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
i'm not trolling, i know you bought a bypass. nofix himself told us.

tell you what let's step back then

we're trying to discuss whether or not the chaingun is too strong or not. some people think it is (you, maybe others) some people think it isn't (myself, stork, maybe others).

a separate thing we're trying to figure out is what we could do to the chaingun to tune it. you think reducing the rate of fire and tightening the cone is the right way to go. i disagree.

so what now?
LOL this is equivalent of assuming a mob boss war lord criminal wont lie under oath. im glad nofix gave u his word.

i said reduce the projectile speed, not rate of fire, which would increase the lead required. this is different from saying the chaingun is too strong (on a per bullet basis).

what problem do you have with slowing the projectile down and reducing the cone slightly. reducing the cone a little would reduce the eliminate of luck and the slowed projectile would increase the skill level aka lead.
 
DC. is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 08-12-2018, 17:35
Reply With Quote
i don't have a problem with it. i disagree that it would make things better but it's just my opinion and i could be wrong. i think it's better than your original idea of replacing the chaingun with the blaster.

i trust nofix a lot actually. he's one of the most helpful contributors to the community maybe ever, and he always meant well. when i was learning to write tribes script he was super helpful and supportive. i talked with him a decent amount after he stepped back from the community. he's a good guy.
 
hyung is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 08-12-2018, 18:08
Reply With Quote
i was pretty terrible at the time and df and ma were rusty as ****. i would have picked the other team to win 10 out of 10 times there. if that's your glory day then all yours
 
hyung is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
39 - 08-12-2018, 20:21
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
hitting blaster shots on a consistent basis with 50% inheritance on a player moving a decent rate(avg return route speed of a decent capper) @ a medium range. I would love to see you do it consistently. More than likely your shots would be hitting the easy angles and violently missing any slightly difficult shot.
yes also 60 ping chaingun is impossible
 
DC. is offline
 
DC.
VeteranX
Old
40 - 08-12-2018, 20:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
i don't have a problem with it. i disagree that it would make things better but it's just my opinion and i could be wrong. i think it's better than your original idea of replacing the chaingun with the blaster.

i trust nofix a lot actually. he's one of the most helpful contributors to the community maybe ever, and he always meant well. when i was learning to write tribes script he was super helpful and supportive. i talked with him a decent amount after he stepped back from the community. he's a good guy.
yeah whatever the weapon does not matter. if you increase the damage by slightly more than what the current chaingun is youll be rewarding people who can use the harder weapon better, only problem will be close range will be very deadly but u will get fukt close range if u r floating in air either way no matter wat weapon so who cares
 
DC. is offline
 
Page 2 of 5
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page change chaingun 2 blaster

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12.