Post your Shadowbane names/servers here. by nostratic - Page 24 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.
Page 24 of 30
cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
461 - 04-03-2003, 12:44
i want a city. we can be a subguild to somebody if we want, but damnit i want a city.

Sponsored Links
LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
462 - 04-03-2003, 12:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
*edit* the name is the working title. if youve got another suggestion lets hear it.
Nah...it's easier to complain about it.

btw- I'm up for the TW guild as well...keep us informed Mad-R...
(name sounds fine to me...

Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
463 - 04-03-2003, 12:46
ok. I'm allright with that. When ever I leave noob island I will seek him out.

Tribal Mercs
Tribal Warriors
Tribal Hire

Tribal Extorts :armed:

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
464 - 04-03-2003, 12:46
Well, considering 90% of the people here aren't above r2 yet, maybe we should put off the city building plans for a while.

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
465 - 04-03-2003, 12:47
yeah, i dont mind being a subguild

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
466 - 04-03-2003, 12:48
I would rather get a Guild Charter and act as a SubGuild for a while, stockpile some money, then get a Town of our own

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
467 - 04-03-2003, 12:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
So you want to put together our own city now? I thought the plan was to pledge to another guild and use their city...
well no. the plan is to have our services bought. i dont see why we would need......well, that may make things easier in GvG battles huh.

i dont know, i was kinda envisioning uber l33t merchants in castle rayn™ that sell ultra high end gear. Of course paid for by other guilds buying our services .

Jago
VeteranXX
Old
468 - 04-03-2003, 12:51
I'm down to help build a city. Last I heard it was 3mil for a ToL, is this correct? The key to any city is maintaining a steady flow of gold. The more people we have contributing, the easier and faster it will be to get the city up.

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
469 - 04-03-2003, 12:53
I would be worried that as Mercs, we will potentially piss off some large Guilds that could wipe us out during a period when we're not aligned with a major guild or something

If we're not powerful enough to hold off an attack, but we're a major thorn in a guilds side, they may seek retribution we can't handle

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
470 - 04-03-2003, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
Well, considering 90% of the people here aren't above r2 yet, maybe we should put off the city building plans for a while.
Exactly.

If you're gonna have a town we need means of defending said town because you will be invaded early and often. That means hiring up NPC guards and archers, fortifying the place, and recruiting non-TW warm body peons to simply act as security.

If you could get 20 people to each contribute 50k, there's your ToL. Then you're looking at at least anoth 50-100k a person to properly fortify and stockpile said city. It's no small time investment, and that's a minimal city. Becoming a subguild of an already fortified guild would definitely be the best way to go. Building a city with no friends is asking for an assraping.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
471 - 04-03-2003, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
EDIT: Sounds like a good idea to me. It will take me a week or two before I can really contribute any money since I am only lvl 6 right now and I only have 2k. Once I start getting to some higher lvl mods with good drops I will definately help out if this looks like it can help.

Is it true that guilds for certain races or professions get a exp bonus if you are of the same race/profession? If so does this apply to subguilds? If so then we should start a subguild under Tribal Sellswords for all race/professions.

I say race/profession cause I don't know it this bonus applies to the race or the profession or both.
Nobody answered my questions. Anyone help me out? Thanks.

Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
472 - 04-03-2003, 13:00
Tribal Extorters :armed:

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
473 - 04-03-2003, 13:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
Exactly.

If you're gonna have a town we need means of defending said town because you will be invaded early and often. That means hiring up NPC guards and archers, fortifying the place, and recruiting non-TW warm body peons to simply act as security.

If you could get 20 people to each contribute 50k, there's your ToL. Then you're looking at at least anoth 50-100k a person to properly fortify and stockpile said city. It's no small time investment, and that's a minimal city. Becoming a subguild of an already fortified guild would definitely be the best way to go. Building a city with no friends is asking for an assraping.

word

Neutrino
VeteranXV
Old
474 - 04-03-2003, 13:20
Damn, I'm feeling a little under the weather myself, need to go whore some gold. :p

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
475 - 04-03-2003, 13:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOG|Adrenaline
I would be worried that as Mercs, we will potentially piss off some large Guilds that could wipe us out during a period when we're not aligned with a major guild or something

If we're not powerful enough to hold off an attack, but we're a major thorn in a guilds side, they may seek retribution we can't handle
play both sides against each other bro . Dont piss off one guild anymore than the other .

Jago
VeteranXX
Old
476 - 04-03-2003, 13:24
Subguilding makes sense in the begining. In addition, we can try to infiltrate other cities and try to steal their gold.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
477 - 04-03-2003, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Nobody answered my questions. Anyone help me out? Thanks.
i dont know those answers bro hehe. should probably read up about that huh .

Roga
VeteranX
Old
478 - 04-03-2003, 13:27
I'm totally up for helping make a guild city. I just need to level a bit in order to be of any use. I'm lvl 17 right now, will hopefully break 20 early tonight. I'm saving up as much as I can, but with all the dieing last night I've not made much.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
479 - 04-03-2003, 13:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
Exactly.

agreed.

the only problem i have is that as a subguild you have to play by the parent guild's rules. i suppose its really not that big of a deal at first, but eventually i want to cause the drama . Some guilds would frown upon this and retaliate against us.

We need some recruits, we eventually need a tree (soon hopefully), and we need the monies.

I think we should all strive to save up about 200k. That would be a nice lump sum to start a fledgling city. One that's accomplished we can recruit more bodies and start doing some 'light work'

My goal is to have my thief and my assasin R6 asap. Then start offering my 'services' to the highest bidder.

From what i understand one benefit of having your own ToL is you get a R4 camp somewhat close by. Is this just a rumor or is there truth to that?

^Vu|tuRe^
VeteranXX
Old
480 - 04-03-2003, 13:48
**** i hope there is enough left over on my check for me to get this game! Making a TW guild would ad so mush more to the experience, considering i spend most of my computer time whoring TW, being apart of a huge in game community with people that i talk to everyday would be sweet.

Page 24 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Social Website Bullshit