Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page LT2 and a old sniper balance idea
Page 1 of 3
GoFFe
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-03-2015, 07:18
Good work sleepy, LT2 is step in right direction!

The sniper balance issue!

Now we had this problem in T:V aswell.. A lot of people think it's a lame weapon where you can just sit and camp and do a whole lot for your team hitting a few snipes, which I agree is lame and not tribes.

Many players brought up ideas how to fix this, and one player named Oak actually came up with a great one!

This idea did
* reward accuracy and consistency over a few lucky strong hits
* make it less frustrating being sniped at since now u arent about to die from only 1 hit anymore
* still make it possible to move/jet around a lot while sniping
* force snipers to actually use all weapons instead of just relying on the sniper

---THE IDEA---
Set Sniper to only deal 15 damage per snipe while also only drain 15 energy points from you. The RoF should be something like the plasma.

So now a sniper will need consistency in order to **** someone up instead of only needing 1 strong hit. So it requires more skill for the sniper and less frustration for the players getting sniped at, since now you don't lose 70% of your hp from 1 hit. It also means snipers will be able to fly around but also force them to use all weapon to be truly effective.

PS. The damage value I wrote was for T:V, I honestly don't know how much hp a light has in tribes1

Sponsored Links
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 10-03-2015, 09:28
Oh good..tribe talk about to become /r/tribes.

izzasmurf
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 10-03-2015, 09:32
i officially declare that I am switching to Home D position now with shield available.

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 10-03-2015, 10:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
Oh good..tribe talk about to become /r/tribes.
lamoy

DaJ4ck3L
VeteranX
Old
5 - 10-03-2015, 14:11
t1 sniper is balanced. plz no nerf. ty.

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
6 - 10-03-2015, 14:32
sniper has no palce in LT and that is the only tribe that exists now

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
7 - 10-03-2015, 15:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzasmurf View Post
i officially declare that I am switching to Home D position now with shield available.
In the 17th year of tribe you'll need even more flag sense than what you don't have LOing if ur gonna home. Shield isn't gonna make u catch flags

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
8 - 10-03-2015, 15:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sniper has no palce in LT and that is the only tribe that exists now
I agree. I think it's the dumbest idea ever that these idiots have tried to come up with after testing random **** for a few hours and thinking they're game mode creators. Netset can make the laser hitscan if you set it properly so it's a stupid ****ing idea and you need to **** OFF.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 10-03-2015, 15:29
Is dare posting from rtclls house?

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 10-03-2015, 15:32
T1 > *

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 10-03-2015, 15:37
i think lt2 could actually be pretty cool, it would have probably been a more intriguing mode than the normal LT if it were around like 12 years ago. the only things that i'd like to see balanced right out is that i really don't like sniping in tribes games and the blaster without energy is strong as ****.

other than that i'm totally down for like an lt2 tourney / draft for people to actually flesh out strategies

Last edited by hyung; 10-03-2015 at 15:42..
Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 10-03-2015, 15:39
i <3 o-sniping

groove
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 10-03-2015, 16:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcll View Post
Netset can make the laser hitscan if you set it properly so it's a stupid ****ing idea and you need to **** OFF.
lolwat

The Morning Star
Veteran++
Old
14 - 10-03-2015, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFFe View Post
Good work sleepy, LT2 is step in right direction!

The sniper balance issue!

Now we had this problem in T:V aswell.. A lot of people think it's a lame weapon where you can just sit and camp and do a whole lot for your team hitting a few snipes, which I agree is lame and not tribes.

Many players brought up ideas how to fix this, and one player named Oak actually came up with a great one!

This idea did
* reward accuracy and consistency over a few lucky strong hits
* make it less frustrating being sniped at since now u arent about to die from only 1 hit anymore
* still make it possible to move/jet around a lot while sniping
* force snipers to actually use all weapons instead of just relying on the sniper

---THE IDEA---
Set Sniper to only deal 15 damage per snipe while also only drain 15 energy points from you. The RoF should be something like the plasma.

So now a sniper will need consistency in order to **** someone up instead of only needing 1 strong hit. So it requires more skill for the sniper and less frustration for the players getting sniped at, since now you don't lose 70% of your hp from 1 hit. It also means snipers will be able to fly around but also force them to use all weapon to be truly effective.

PS. The damage value I wrote was for T:V, I honestly don't know how much hp a light has in tribes1
Due to most people's opposition to having a true hitscan option in LT, laser will most likely be removed. I included it to try to spark interest from a broader community (there are some actually skilled Anni players; Crow, Im looking at you =) )

My intention was to keep what the devs had implemented for all light armor options, this is why laser is currently optional in game

I dont see the lr as having a game changing impact in 5v5 CTF context; it limits a players ability to occupy position that provides optimal damage selection, player position(actual) and energy(potential), as well as accuracy % for disc and gl, which influence timings. (far more important than damage)

Also, if you add damage potential over 25 min game (rof*damage scale*weapon accuracy*player accuracy) and compare it to that of CG or the altered blaster, i think you'll find the latter options to yield more damage, which is the factor of concern

That being said, this is my view and i don't assume it to be universal

Balancing the weapons to be valid options should be a community effort and will require actual playtime rather than just theoretical application

ghostfacekilla
Old
15 - 10-03-2015, 17:26
sniping is fun on indoor maps!
make it indoor maps, spawn with blaster, weapons spawn in map it gffg fuk u

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
16 - 10-03-2015, 18:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
lolwat
you monkey with your pft enough and you will never have to lead with the laser rifle, effectively making it hitscan

what part don't you understand

GoFFe
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 10-03-2015, 19:42
ya good im all for removing snipe alltogether, this was just good idea if u really tried to keep sniper in game

groove
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 10-03-2015, 20:08
edit: ****it dont care yeah tweaking pft makes it hitscan

Last edited by groove; 10-03-2015 at 20:18..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 10-04-2015, 01:59
scrubs

izzasmurf
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 10-04-2015, 09:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcll View Post
In the 17th year of tribe you'll need even more flag sense than what you don't have LOing if ur gonna home. Shield isn't gonna make u catch flags
Ya you prolly right I guess I should stick to just playing on storks team and getting carried through drafts. I guess I'm still useless.

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page LT2 and a old sniper balance idea

Social Website Bullshit