[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

The best playoffs in sports is about to begin. The matchups are set. Looking forward to 2 months of shit talking and endless arguments about who sucks more.

FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS:

East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

I like Vancouver out of the west, and of course Pittsburgh out of the east.

Let the flaming begin.

As always, Lets Go Pens!

Reading this thread makes me realize even more how Detroit fans are funny and stupid as usual.

Here are my predictions

1st round

East:

West:

Will repost when 1st round is over for second round predictions.

I'm calling the Hawks for the Cup this year. No way, as far as Washington goes, can they win vs the Hawks.

Ok, here's mine:

East:

West:

I don't like picking most of the home teams, but I can't see many upsets here. I'm sure there will be though.

it's ok, not every team can make the playoffs every single year like its no big deal.

And have the most hypocrite fans in the entire league not caring for a single match in the season while "waking up" for the series claiming how supportive and proud they are.

If you followed this year's season and were objective, you'd have some worries before calling an easy road to the cup.

And have the most hypocrite fans in the entire league not caring for a single match in the season while "waking up" for the series claiming how supportive and proud they are.

If you followed this year's season and were objective, you'd have some worries before calling an easy road to the cup.

Yes well given that you're picking against a detroit team that is the hottest team since the olympic break simply because you don't like detroit fans, I don't think you can use the objectivity card.

WEST

San Jose vs Colorado.
Chicago vs Nashville
Vancouver vs Los Angeles
Phoenix vs Detroit

EAST

Washington vs Montreal
New Jersey vs Philadelphia
Buffalo vs Boston (that's right, Rask outplays Miller. This will be the lowest scoring playoff matchup in HISTORY)
Pittsburgh vs Ottawa

Oh yeah because Phoenix fucking sucks this year :rolleyes:

It's not that much of a stretch to say Phoenix will win, but when Vegas has better odds on the Redwings winning the Western conference then every seed but 1 and 2, with detroit being on fire and healthy, and with detroit playing phoenix well this year....safe money is on detroit winning, especially with so much experience in the playoffs.

But hey, I suppose since (I believe) you're the only person to pick phoenix over detroit, you will either be outed as a genius or a dumbass at the end of the series. Good luck to you!

Back