[Official] Staff Q & A

Xcursion said:
Could we have a NWS forum where we can post the NWS images?

This came up a thread not too long ago... I'd love to see this. It'd make policing the GD forum a lot easier (all NWS gets moved/deleted no matter what) and folks that don't like that sort of thing (why they're still at TW....) can just ignore the NWS forum.

Good thread, Rayn. :)

Would the admins ever consider implementing a link checker to prevent OFN? Everyone can agree that it can get out of hand sometimes. For example, all the I found Colosus threads recently.

Have you considered introducing an article system of some sort to add page content (non tribes related), kinda like SA?

Like the SoapBox used to be, have some admins (deemed necessary by association), be able to approve user submitted articles or editorials on a variety of topics. TW needs some substance as a forum.

jimmycrackcorn said:
depends on whether youve reached puberty yet.
Yeah, people over 14 not allowed.

Anyway, is there any chance that you can dig up posts from before Rayn's megahurtz were stolen and put them in the archive?

link_ said:
It was being discussed at one point, and i really wish you could.

Never going to happen. Its the one small thing I can give to contributors, and some people paid exclusively for it. It wouldn't be right to then later give it away for free.

Last edited:
Quiksilver said:
Have you considered introducing an article system of some sort to add page content (non tribes related), kinda like SA?

Like the SoapBox used to be, have some admins (deemed necessary by association), be able to approve user submitted articles or editorials on a variety of topics. TW needs some substance as a forum.

I don't see us producing this kind of content, they should just surface as forum threads instead.

mixolydian said:
Would the admins ever consider implementing a link checker to prevent OFN? Everyone can agree that it can get out of hand sometimes. For example, all the I found Colosus threads recently.

I have looked into this and have not found a reliable way to do this. I believe I'd have to index every URL into a new search database that would be polled by this script on posting. It seems basic enough, but I'm just not saavy enough to code this up without crashing the DB in the same way the search does.

Seeing that RSS is becoming increasingly popular I think it'd be nice if the TW RSS feed was worked on a little bit. :) There is currently no time data sent except for the date, and it'd be really nice if the "body" url of a news post linked to a page where JUST that news post was displayed in a nice clean way. Right now the URLs just link to the anchored news post on the main page which makes them pretty annoying to view in most RSS programs.

I personally think the Neowin.net RSS feeds are perfectly done if you want to see a good example. :bigthumb:

Can we get a functional search for the archives? if it is there, someone PM me, because I have no clue how to search them and I did try.

Thanks.

I just discovered a strange bug in this forum: I entered and saw that both this thread and the power ignore thread had new replies. I checked the other thread, and when I went back to the forum page this thread was marked "read" as well (red icon).

AgnoStick said:
how about a forums.tribalwar.com redirect?

Definitely doable, will investigate apache settings tonight.

Edit: Complications would arise from having two active URLs imo.

Last edited:
Back