Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page PlayStation 3 Classics - Demon's Souls
Page 2 of 3
savage inuit
VeteranX
Old
21 - 01-19-2021, 10:57
are you playing the old one because the new one is the drizzling ****s?

Sponsored Links
jerry
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 01-19-2021, 17:56
Is that a question for me?!

Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 01-19-2021, 18:21
Hey Jerry you should play Enter the Gungeon if you haven't already. It's in my top 5 of all time. It's a masterpiece. Though that might be PS4 or steam, not sure since I play on Switch.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
24 - 01-20-2021, 07:06
that game is for little kids and pedos

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 01-21-2021, 16:01
I have watched a tip video or two about Demon's Souls.

I feel much better about continuing my play through now.

COOL!

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 01-26-2021, 10:32
OK!

I now understand the appeal!

For all of the shortcomings that I have previously mentioned, there seems to be an overwhelming sense of dread quickly followed by satisfaction during gameplay. The emptiness is now a feature!

WOW!

I entered an archstone that seems to be a prison with spellcasting guards. They are very ****in' scary!

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
27 - 01-27-2021, 03:09
I am glad to hear you are coming to appreciate some of the strange appeal of this series of games. Have you considered playing it on live stream using a scare camera?

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 01-27-2021, 07:40
What is a scare camera?!

Like, a Blair Witch kind of thing?!

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
29 - 01-27-2021, 18:13
It's based on an idea by a man called Pew Dewpee. You put a camera in front of your face and then every 30 seconds even if nothing is happening you scream as loud as you can to scare the viewer. You would probably need to warn your family and neighbors so that the police aren't called. I don't know how Dewpee avoided that.

TW_Dagger
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 01-28-2021, 00:21
Demon's Souls was definitely a relic of its time. Didn't really age well. Still play Dark Soul 1 a lot though. I resonates with me, the other two weren't bad but not as memorable to me. Love the characters though. Even if it took dozens of replay to catch all the story.

Praise the sun!

Playing through Fallout 4 a second time. Beat it a few days ago but rushed through it. Bethesda really needs to just sell it and the elder scrolls but not sure who would do
them justice anymore. Probably go back to Age of Empires 2 or one of the total war games after I get bored.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
31 - 01-28-2021, 09:47
i tried playing some age of empires 2 a few months ago after learning that sandy petersen the creator of doom worked on it (i think specifically he directed the expansion).

tbh i could not get into it at all. going through the same beats of cutting trees, building barracks, building houses, building more guys had me dying of boredom before i was done the first map. i used to love this as a kid but every rts since has been the exact same game.

i feel like once you learn about the zerg rush you can never go back to pretending all this base building and resource management is anything but busywork. especially with such slow units in empires i'm not sure there's actually any tactics in play.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 01-28-2021, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW_Dagger View Post
Demon's Souls was definitely a relic of its time. Didn't really age well. Still play Dark Soul 1 a lot though. I resonates with me, the other two weren't bad but not as memorable to me. Love the characters though. Even if it took dozens of replay to catch all the story.
Ummm...

I watched a couple tip videos and now I'm ****in' HOOKED!

This game is AMAZING!

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
33 - 01-28-2021, 16:57
No offense to TW Danger who seems like a fine upstanding young lady but when someone says a game feels "Dated" or "Didn't age well" I think perhaps YOU didn't age well, because video games don't age at all! It's the exact same game it was in 2009 when it was released!

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 01-28-2021, 19:38
Yep!

Consider some humility and introspection before you start trashing a ****in' masterpiece!

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 02-03-2021, 09:42
Status update:

I have beaten the Adjudicator and now have the aforementioned shield and the Crescent Falchion.

I want to kill the Red Dragon in 1-2 with arrows but have become somewhat careless in my play resulting in numerous deaths.

****!

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 02-12-2021, 13:02
bowl of blood,

I have now beaten 1-1, 1-2, 4-1, and traveled deep into the Palace of Latria, among other levels.

When the hell do I need better armor?! I'm certainly having a tough time progressing but it doesn't seem to be for a lack of equipment.

WHOA!

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 02-12-2021, 13:35
Fluted Set is awesome but heavy. Early game armor that can last many new game cycles. Current build on the PS5 is Bramd hammer (possible spoiler if you google), I like the heavy stuff. Very fun game.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 02-12-2021, 13:47
Is that good for magic?!

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
39 - 02-13-2021, 09:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
bowl of blood,

I have now beaten 1-1, 1-2, 4-1, and traveled deep into the Palace of Latria, among other levels.

When the hell do I need better armor?! I'm certainly having a tough time progressing but it doesn't seem to be for a lack of equipment.

WHOA!
The Palace of Latrine? I don't want to know what's going on there!

Unfortunately I played Dark Souls, not Demon's Souls, so I don't have a lot of advice. Usually in these games, tanking hits is NOT THE RIGHT APPROACH! I'm guessing that if anything your armor is too heavy.

Are you aware of the Fat Rolling system? Rolling fast is more important than having lots of armor I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFAQs
less than 50% weight = fast roll, a silent overhead roll
Between 50% and up to100% weight = fat roll, a slow, awkward like 1/2 forward, 1/2 sideways roll
greater than 100% weight = no roll, if you try to roll it looks like you sneeze and then do not roll.
Do you think you would be able to somersault while wearing a medieval knight's armor?

I think a lot of ITGs (Internet Tough Guys) who claim to be good at these games just watch videos on youtube of how to beat all the bosses. I'd rather lose honestly than win like a coward, but that's the attitude of a lifelong sucker!

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 02-13-2021, 15:41
Sorry!

Tower of Latria. OOPS!

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page PlayStation 3 Classics - Demon's Souls

Social Website Bullshit